Who could replace Des?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Cameron

Make Manly Great Again #Hasler2019
Could we retire DCE into the role and hire him a decent assistant. Even if des is replaced DCE will continue to haunt the team

For years ive been calling him coachkiller, the new hayne plane
i would love a dollar for every posted you have bagged dce over the last few years.
your not a bad fella james but what is behind your hatred.

did he look at you wife the wrong way, did he refuse to sign an autograph for your young fellas???

he’s the current winngin Qld captain for FFS

i will be the first to say on saturday he was ****e and looked rusty but he wasn’t on his pat malone.

i think he farked up deluxe not challenging that kick that teddy pushed dead and the chooks got the 20 restart.

but i saw enough to think with foran out that taking some pressure of we will see better things from daly with him not being the one point of attack and the sole kicking option.

manly al

First Grader
Think the point that Jib / james correctly seems to make regarding D C E is that on his pay grade and portion of the cap he takes up , he really should be producing 7 .5 or 8 + rated games on a regular basis or offering the game management that again warrants his contract value . Why even attempt a low percentage kick on the 2 nd tackle when even if Teddy touched the ball before going into touch , a line drop out and having to bring the ball back from 50 meters or so and compared with on that 2 nd tackle and the Roosters defence retreating a bit , the reasonable attacking position on offer . Really do not go along with the take comparing him with Hunt , milford , e t c , they are overpaid as well on overall performances . If he is the highest paid player in the N R L he again should be offering the consistent level of form to justify it .

pjayz

הנשרים ישרור בעוד שנתיים מיום הנשרים
Brent Kite
  • Manly legend
  • Clive Churchill medalist
  • NSW and Australian rep
  • Premiership winning coach in Northern Rivers
  • Good bloke
  • Good for young Polynesian players
He should be an assistant that’s for sure. Class act, has shown coaching aptitude and looks like someone who could become a first grade coach.

jbb/james

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
i would love a dollar for every posted you have bagged dce over the last few years.
your not a bad fella james but what is behind your hatred.

did he look at you wife the wrong way, did he refuse to sign an autograph for your young fellas???

he’s the current winngin Qld captain for FFS

i will be the first to say on saturday he was ****e and looked rusty but he wasn’t on his pat malone.

i think he farked up deluxe not challenging that kick that teddy pushed dead and the chooks got the 20 restart.

but i saw enough to think with foran out that taking some pressure of we will see better things from daly with him not being the one point of attack and the sole kicking option.

Gday cam. Rest assured marital bliss reigns supreme at my house. Im a lucky guy. Hope you well and in good spirits for this

Bagging DCE or pointing out his short comings. Tomato tomarto.
While many others feel his contract is a major stumbling block in manlys success its fair to say i am pretty blunt and have years of history but i am not alone.

Team environment
Wether it be the old brigade of stewies, choc and co, the qld origin team, hastings, shaun lane or the rumblings of a fallout with marty or the rumblings of a fragemented team currently at manly he is too often at the centre or not being the leader to be a coincidence

We have not had a team that has seemed resilliant since his tenure as a leader . The odd patch but nothing manly fans seem familiar with. Harmony buils resilliance

Education
All of his coaches have been international halves, dessie, barrett, tooves, he has had andrew johns as a halfback coach and been involved with cam smith, thurston, cronk and munster at origin and it seems absolutely none , of it has rubbed off. He seems impervious to catching greatness, patience, or even a consistent pass mark. He is a true blonde

Responsibility
An 8 year multi million dollar contract. An absolute first. Some time 6 years ago it would have become obvious that he was to be manlys number 7 for many years. You would like to think considering his % of cap that he would be on his pat malone and he would be leading from the front. His game has gone backwards not forward. Even this off season he welcomed forans return so he could stop playing a halfbacks role. He is in denial

Ball security
He is like the cookie monster in a bikkie factory. No control whatsoever which translates to no respect for the forwards doing the tackling and getting smashed to get him to a spot

Halfbacks
There are essentially 2 main types
1 the game manager who steers the team around the park, looks to wear opposition down with possession and field position
2 the attacking half that takes the ball to the line, draws defenders and makes space for others. Both of these types of halfbacks get smashed for their troubles.
DCE is neither and looks to play backup to other players work
He is a cross between jaso ( never get tackled ) taylor and terry (back up ) lamb , but not as tough as baaa. My opinion is he doesnt want to be smashed and pkays within himself to avoid it, every week. He will play until he is 40 as a result

We have been a rabble for years and will continue to be one because he is the classic case of a player not playing for a contract. One only has to watch his form 2 weeks before origin and in these games to understand he plays for himself

Ultimately its his contract as opposed to his input. On 750 k you could absorb his misgivings and have a seasoned half playing next to him to lead and be captain. But that is not an option

But contracts to DCE who signed too cheap and then chucked a dummy spit with us that ultimately split our champion team, then backflipped on the titans and now takes massive overs and also takes very little responsability for the team bugs the **** out of me

Sure he is busy doing things that 400k players should be doing but as long as he is here, manly is nowhere

Tom

Tom takes responsability for the team performance doing much more than any fullback and as long as he does DCE lets him

Jake

Jake is getting pillared for his form but i feel he has developed a role of first receiver to take the hits DCE wont. Its why he is a star for NSW

I didnt like barret but DCE kicking game under barret was coachkiller territory. I made a post yesterday about it and my finger is starting to ache

I see him more as pay checky evans than a committed leader and important cog in manlys machine. By the end of his contract this will be worse than the beagles if it isnt already and they needed to count gatetakings this week to afford to travel next week

But some love him and thats fair enough. I balance the act and also wish i had a dollar for every post. Maybe i do im not that prolific compared to some

hope your not going to have an arguement with your mrs after reading this. But if so, im taking her side. Cheers cam

Based on Des' current form, this guy would be a cost effective replacement and reflective of the Penn's management of our club;

images (1).jpeg

Kez

Reserve Grader
Gday cam. Rest assured marital bliss reigns supreme at my house. Im a lucky guy. Hope you well and in good spirits for this

While many others feel his contract is a major stumbling block in manlys success its fair to say i am pretty blunt and have years of history but i am not alone.

Team environment
Wether it be the old brigade of stewies, choc and co, the qld origin team, hastings, shaun lane or the rumblings of a fallout with marty or the rumblings of a fragemented team currently at manly he is too often at the centre or not being the leader to be a coincidence

We have not had a team that has seemed resilliant since his tenure as a leader . The odd patch but nothing manly fans seem familiar with. Harmony buils resilliance

Education
All of his coaches have been international halves, dessie, barrett, tooves, he has had andrew johns as a halfback coach and been involved with cam smith, thurston, cronk and munster at origin and it seems absolutely none , of it has rubbed off. He seems impervious to catching greatness, patience, or even a consistent pass mark. He is a true blonde

Responsibility
An 8 year multi million dollar contract. An absolute first. Some time 6 years ago it would have become obvious that he was to be manlys number 7 for many years. You would like to think considering his % of cap that he would be on his pat malone and he would be leading from the front. His game has gone backwards not forward. Even this off season he welcomed forans return so he could stop playing a halfbacks role. He is in denial

Ball security
He is like the cookie monster in a bikkie factory. No control whatsoever which translates to no respect for the forwards doing the tackling and getting smashed to get him to a spot

Halfbacks
1 the game manager who steers the team around the park, looks to wear opposition down with possession and field position
2 the attacking half that takes the ball to the line, draws defenders and makes space for others. Both of these types of halfbacks get smashed for their troubles.
He is a cross between jaso ( never get tackled ) taylor and terry (back up ) lamb , but not as tough as baaa. My opinion is he doesnt want to be smashed and pkays within himself to avoid it, every week. He will play until he is 40 as a result

We have been a rabble for years and will continue to be one because he is the classic case of a player not playing for a contract. One only has to watch his form 2 weeks before origin and in these games to understand he plays for himself

Ultimately its his contract as opposed to his input. On 750 k you could absorb his misgivings and have a seasoned half playing next to him to lead and be captain. But that is not an option

But contracts to DCE who signed too cheap and then chucked a dummy spit with us that ultimately split our champion team, then backflipped on the titans and now takes massive overs and also takes very little responsability for the team bugs the **** out of me

Sure he is busy doing things that 400k players should be doing but as long as he is here, manly is nowhere

Tom

Tom takes responsability for the team performance doing much more than any fullback and as long as he does DCE lets him

Jake

Jake is getting pillared for his form but i feel he has developed a role of first receiver to take the hits DCE wont. Its why he is a star for NSW

I didnt like barret but DCE kicking game under barret was coachkiller territory. I made a post yesterday about it and my finger is starting to ache

I see him more as pay checky evans than a committed leader and important cog in manlys machine. By the end of his contract this will be worse than the beagles if it isnt already and they needed to count gatetakings this week to afford to travel next week

But some love him and thats fair enough. I balance the act and also wish i had a dollar for every post. Maybe i do im not that prolific compared to some

hope your not going to have an arguement with your mrs after reading this. But if so, im taking her side. Cheers cam
We wont win the comp with dce...look at the players dce had round him in 2011..once that group started breaking away you saw the true dce..over rated over paid and definitely not a leader..i seriously cant wait till he ducks off....bring on humphreys and schuster

Ron E. Gibbs

First Grader

Team environment

Education

Responsibility

Ball security

Halfbacks

Tom

Jake

Stop hedging, jbb/james, and tell us how you really feel. @:)

Kevinward777

First Grader
I remember the good old days of yore .. was it only 2 years ago ...

That every post started with those wonderful words full of optimism and hope, dare I whisper them again? .. " Now that we have a good coach" ...

And every post included the mandatory acknowledgement that now that we had a good coach he would instill some grit and resolve back into the team ... and let's not forget that Dessie is noted for his defense, and he would stop this point leaking crap toot sweet ...

And let's not forget that, .. now that we have a good coach he will get the best out of these under performing players ... he is noted for it they cried ...

Was it only 2 years ago ... “The best laid schemes o' mice an' men / Gang aft a-gley.”

Has Dessie forgotten how to coach ... or are the generation z or m or whatever, just not listening ?

Proud member of the PPC since September 2018
And I remember you banging on about how Garrick will come good and prove everyone wrong during this off season. I guess none off us are omnipresent beings who exist outside the realm of time.

But it's only round one, so Des may yet deliver the goods, Reuben too. God only knows.

Red Pill

Enthusiastic Amateur
We don’t need the Walker Bros! How about a contingent elite consortium of cost effective Silvertails members? Suggest this is no one that is too fickle or pessimistic as flippant neurotics usually don’t make the best coaches. Let the voting begin!!

pjayz

הנשרים ישרור בעוד שנתיים מיום הנשרים
We don’t need the Walker Bros! How about a contingent elite consortium of cost effective Silvertails members? Suggest this is no one that is too fickle or pessimistic as flippant neurotics usually don’t make the best coaches. Let the voting begin!!
Why oh why didn't you take the blue pill?

Scorpio

Armchair Expert

Team environment

Education

Responsibility

Ball security

Halfbacks

Tom

Jake

Brutal... and a lot of it is very agreeable too

Red Pill

Enthusiastic Amateur
Why oh why didn't you take the blue pill?
Blue pill was a troll. I am a genuine supporter. Jonny Gibbs was the halfback when I first started supporting the club. BTW more of fan of John wick as opposed to the matrix.

Kevinward777

First Grader
Kevin is available, and I'll take @Mark from Brisbane to be my #thisweek media man, @Ryan as my innovative team selector, @BOZO to be my fitness and mind coach, @The better Robbo as my assistant so that we can pick his brothers brain and receive a fair go at the judiciary, the kid who raced Turbo on the Corso as my sprint coach, @susan to be my contract negotiator, @Snake to feed you lot dribs and drabs, @manlyfan76 and @frank stokes to provide a counter perspective, @Woodsie to be my ball boy, and @Eagle of London to ensure that I always look my best when on camera.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot, @Bring back the.... Biff? gets a spot as the team mascot and chaplain.

Last edited:
Des isn't going anywhere for another 2-3 years.

We do need a succession plan though, thinking Ballin or Monaghan (who are currently serving their apprenticeships).

Neither of those two will drastically change the way we play or prepare though.

Woodsie

Feast yer eyes ..
Tipping Member
And I remember you banging on about how Garrick will come good and prove everyone wrong during this off season. I guess none off us are omnipresent beings who exist outside the realm of time.

But it's only round one, so Des may yet deliver the goods, Reuben too. God only knows.

PSS .. Still backing Garrick to come good ... "when we get a good Coach" .... Haaahhaaahha

frank stokes

I discriminate indiscriminately
Well, ask him/her/it ... or doesn't he/she/it .. take your calls ...
I asked Him and his exact words were "I may have turned water into wine but even I can't get Des to change his team selections..."

Oh, and He reckons Garrick is sh!t too...

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 118 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 6 42 17
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16