Who are the faceless men.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Cameron

Make Manly Great Again #Hasler2019
So buzz and bulldog have both written there are faceless men behind zorbas demise. Surely whoever they are I think they have stirred up a hornets nest with arko, Fulton, the playing group and I would assume DES flithy at what has gone down.

yes it really bad timing, this seems like something the bears would do.

Hope this doesn't derail us further. Just goes to show the power struggle was triggered by others besides Max and Penns

Bozo could look at their photos in the Club and the Annual report. Same Board who headhunted Parry with the Charter to bring Manly into the 21st Century. The 1 millon shortfall is also a contributing factor. Manly does not owe anyone a job for life. Zorba could make it about the Team if he looked at the big picture, and Im sure he will be welcome as a Past Player,

HappilyManly said:
Bozo could look at their photos in the Club and the Annual report. Same Board who headhunted Parry with the Charter to bring Manly into the 21st Century. The 1 millon shortfall is also a contributing factor. Manly does not owe anyone a job for life. Zorba could make it about the Team if he looked at the big picture, and Im sure he will be welcome as a Past Player,

Nothing to do with the board....

Cambo said:
So buzz and bulldog have both written there are faceless men behind zorbas demise. Surely whoever they are I think they have stirred up a hornets nest with arko, Fulton, the playing group and I would assume DES flithy at what has gone down.

Are they the same ones that knifed Mayer?

Having said that if an area of business is under performing somehting need to change. I assume this has been thought through, if you are spending a dolalr you need to get a return. Most successful businesses demand a 3 to 1 return on dollars spent. Maybe it was seen Zorba was paying the return required. The was I beleive not only Perry coming in and reviewing the business but also another consltant group/person come through prior to Lowe leaving.

Anyway Zorba is a club legend, I hope he can remain in some capacity eg entertainign sponsors game day, ground announcer etc etc

Look, no-one has a job for life. That era has well and truly gone. Zorba hung around, and got well paid, for the last forty years. He's been made redundant and a payout, while other people his age just get the watch. He did very well out of his association with the club. I'm of the opinion that we need a more professional approach to media, our debts, our playing ground and our promotions, A different person will hopefully bring an invigorated approach..

I have met Zorb multiple times and have always found him to be a fairly nice and genuine bloke. But with articles floating around, reporting on 1 million dollar financial loss, clearly the club needs to take some action and rebuild and try to make up lost ground. Some younger, more modern day media savvy people in the organisation would be good. Although, i'm pretty sure they could have found something for him to do around the club.

Daniel said:
HappilyManly said:

"nothing to do with the Board'??? Don't you read the papers - the Board signed off on the Business Plan.

I don't care who it was. The timing is **** c.o.o is there to do a job and will live or die by his calls. Zorbs might of needed to go from his current role but surely it should been done in November after we had won the comp.

WTF! said:
Daniel said:
HappilyManly said:

"nothing to do with the Board'??? Don't you read the papers - the Board signed off on the Business Plan.

So we are believing everything in the papers now?

What I am saying is the board were not the driving and motivating factors. There are other people involved here and who drove for this. Purely a politically motivated move, geared at undermining a group.

I have no love for certain aspects of the whole that make up the club and don't really have much love for Zorba, but can't help but think that this is bad timing, and very selfish.

Cambo said:
I don't care who it was. The timing is s**t c.o.o is there to do a job and will live or die by his calls. Zorbs might of needed to go from his current role but surely it should been done in November after we had won the comp.
Cambo - maybe Perry thought we didn't need to wait through a finals campaign, with the Club continually shooting itself in the foot. Just read Paul Kent's piece or Mike Colman's from the last few days. It's pretty clear that Zorba has been making enemies for a long time now. That makes it harder to garner positive publicity. That feeds into the 'everyone hates Manly' crap. That feeds into making it harder to attract sponsors. That makes it harder to attract funds to upgrade Brookvale. And all that makes it harder to survive long term. That's what people like Joe Cross, Perry, Cummings, Mayer et al have all been trying to do. We don't need former club greats trying to undermine the current board or the new CEO over what direction he thinks we need to move in. Everyone was sticking it to Graham Lowe as essentially a 'do nothing' administrator. Now we have an administrator that clearly does want to move the 'brand' forward. Have you read recent reports that indicate that St George-Illawarra have a projected five year capitalisation of around $183 million? They are the leading NRL club. We're currently nowhere near that, but we would want to be, if we want our Club to survive. Collingwood are up at around $344 million.

We don't need senior club officials hectoring politicians over Brookvale Oval funding and who have a say in where the money goes, when they weren't even in power - or at any other time. What sought of clueless dunderhead does that? I know, Peter Peters.

Some people need to start smelling the roses.

St George needed to merge with Illawarra (and the south coast of NSW) to survive. It's not relevant comparing both clubs. Any Sydney club would prosper if they were given such a huge advantage.

And if you've never been in the media then I don't think you are qualified to judge whether Peter Peters did a good job.

Why don;t you ease up on criticisms and get behind the team and their fantastic on-field performances?

I am qualified to comment on the issues which he himself has owned up to handling poorly.

Any Sydney club should aspire to a comparable level of financial success, irrespective of whether they are a merged entity or not.

Any more for any more?

Phantar said:
I am qualified to comment on the issues which he himself has owned up to handling poorly.

Any Sydney club should aspire to a comparable level of financial success, irrespective of whether they are a merged entity or not.

Any more for any more?

1. Describing Peter as a "clueless dunderhead" is way over the top.
2. All clubs would 'aspire' to financial success, but not all clubs are equal. Cronulla is a next door suburb to St George, but they don't have a hope of ever being on equal terms in any aspect. Brisbane and Melbourne are two others with unfair advantages.
3. Why don't you compare Manly with Cronulla? Both teams have much more in common.

Alright then, one is surrounded by St George-Illawarra territory to the north and south and by Wests Tigers territory (not forgetting Canterbury-Bankstown either) to the west and have never won a first grade title. The other has won seven such titles, has the whole of the northside to itself, yet still can't seem to find a way to turn a profit.

What was I alluding to earlier?

You're right, the 'clueless dunderhead' comment was not appropriate and weakened my argument.

Next challenge Mike Cockerill, or is it Malcolm Knox?

Daniel said:
yes it really bad timing, this seems like something the bears would do.

Except with the bears the first week of September usually is the end of their season.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6