Who are the faceless men.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
what a joke. Do this in summer when there's nothing to do.

looks like Mr Perry and his "faceless fat bald & grey haird men" are bringing bad habits from St Choke to our winning culture.

If they are faceless how do we know they are manly people. And even men for that. Maybe they are small breasted parra women

Those unhappy about the timing of all this can thank Zorba for that too.

Perry was going to move him on in the off season, but Zorba demanded clarity on his long term future now.

Then Zorba came out with his "good sort" comment, removing any chance that it could be left until after the season.

Phantar said:
Cambo said:
I don't care who it was. The timing is s**t c.o.o is there to do a job and will live or die by his calls. Zorbs might of needed to go from his current role but surely it should been done in November after we had won the comp.
Cambo - maybe Perry thought we didn't need to wait through a finals campaign, with the Club continually shooting itself in the foot. Just read Paul Kent's piece or Mike Colman's from the last few days. It's pretty clear that Zorba has been making enemies for a long time now. That makes it harder to garner positive publicity. That feeds into the 'everyone hates Manly' crap. That feeds into making it harder to attract sponsors. That makes it harder to attract funds to upgrade Brookvale. And all that makes it harder to survive long term. That's what people like Joe Cross, Perry, Cummings, Mayer et al have all been trying to do. We don't need former club greats trying to undermine the current board or the new CEO over what direction he thinks we need to move in. Everyone was sticking it to Graham Lowe as essentially a 'do nothing' administrator. Now we have an administrator that clearly does want to move the 'brand' forward. Have you read recent reports that indicate that St George-Illawarra have a projected five year capitalisation of around $183 million? They are the leading NRL club. We're currently nowhere near that, but we would want to be, if we want our Club to survive. Collingwood are up at around $344 million.

We don't need senior club officials hectoring politicians over Brookvale Oval funding and who have a say in where the money goes, when they weren't even in power - or at any other time. What sought of clueless dunderhead does that? I know, Peter Peters.

Some people need to start smelling the roses.

Agree 100% although we need to find a balance between the past and the future. The Bulldogs had a great culture but they decided to move 'forward' and are a shadow of the club that Peter Moore built. Depends what you want, off-field success or on-field success???

The Dogs culture fell away after Coffs Harbour and the cap rorting. Not the same as us at all. We need to get on the front foot in a professional way to confront the pressing issues, most notably Brookvale. Peters had no clue.

DSM5 said:
The Dogs culture fell away after Coffs Harbour and the cap rorting. Not the same as us at all. We need to get on the front foot in a professional way to confront the pressing issues, most notably Brookvale. Peters had no clue.

Absolute garbage. I work in the Bankstown area and there has been a monumental cultural shift at the club that has nothing to do with Coffs Harbour. I hated the Bulldogs but loved their culture,which is no more...

Simmo said:
Those unhappy about the timing of all this can thank Zorba for that too.

Perry was going to move him on in the off season, but Zorba demanded clarity on his long term future now.

Then Zorba came out with his "good sort" comment, removing any chance that it could be left until after the season.

and your source for confirmation of these comments is?

Jethro, perry pretty much said as much in his media interview

Daniel said:
Jethro, perry pretty much said as much in his media interview

Oh okay. I haven't seen Perry's media interview yet so I didn't know where Simmo got his info from

triple A are threatening to pull the plug on a 200k a year sleave sponsorship over this

source Manly Daily.

I dont think this is over by along way.

Im scared it could derail our season,.

Fluffy said:
and posting about it only keeps it in the headlines
Your point is?

DSM5 said:
Look, no-one has a job for life. That era has well and truly gone. Zorba hung around, and got well paid, for the last forty years. He's been made redundant and a payout, while other people his age just get the watch. He did very well out of his association with the club. I'm of the opinion that we need a more professional approach to media, our debts, our playing ground and our promotions, A different person will hopefully bring an invigorated approach..
What we need is 3 or 4 people who can create spread sheets graphs and are good with pulisher.

Works in every public listed company.

Sorry forgot about animated flow charts in Microsoft visio as well.

I think we can all agree that the timing could have been better, but before we all throw in the towel and say its going to derail our season, I'll pose this question..

Name the media manager for any other NRL club?

The joke of this is that the players themselves and the coach are reported to be unhappy about it and show great loyalty to Zorba.

What also concerns me is that the infighting that existed in Max's day has arisen again, leading one to think that the board and those with power in the football club are pulling the levers.

Another case of well intentioned fools 'loving the club to death'. The issue is not Zorba, it is who is really in charge, doing their very best for the long-term future of the Sea Eagles.

Okay as per my other thread

what is the actual structure of the club? What / who has the influence?

I am not looking for an opinion rather what the voting structure is etc

uh huh..... so Cliff Lyons is a dreaded faceless man, come to think of it so is Isz (look above at his mugshot) and so am I by the look of it :angel:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6