Which team looks stronger?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
What tends to happen is that fans start taking for granted the stars already in the team and only see 'signings' as a like for like. The fact the Dogs are signing some good players and we aren't can skew the appearance of our squad. The reality is that we already have a team full of stars who just had bad years due to myriad of reasons.

Flanagan didn't set the world on fire at the Chooks and he had arguably the best team around him in the competition; something he won't have at the Dogs. Ditto Addo-Carr who is a fine player but doesn't everyone kick arse at the Storm? Matt Burton is a rookie and certainly won't set the world on fire. If Hethrington was so lethal, he'd be in the Panthers 17 this weekend; instead he is nowhere to be seen. Cotric has no ball skills and is just a battering ram.

I think our best 17 for next year should be:

Tom T
Hoppa (he'll be better with a preseason under his belt)
Walker
Suli
Saab
Foran
DCE
Jake T
Cust
Taupau
Garner
Siro
Schuster

Paseka
Gojetski
Keppie
Buy a utility
I forgot about Hethrington. Yeah I get your point but we should still be able to sign one or two big names. A cotric or addo carr would of done nicely. I think we still need better wingers, a prop and backrower. How sure are you garner will be here next year?

1.Tom Trbojevic
2.Tevita Funa
3.Dylan Walker
4.Brad Parker * suli injured
5.Jason Saab
6.Keiran Foran
7.Daly Cherry-Evans
8.Taniela Paseka
9.Cade Cust
10.Martin Taupau
11.Jack Gosiewski
12.Curtis Sironen
13.Jake Trbojevic

14.Joshua Schuster
15.Sean Keppie
16.Andrew Davey
17.Haumole Olakauatu
18.Morgan Boyle

OR

1.William Hopoate
2.Jayden Okunbor
3.Dallin Watene Zelezniak
4.Nick Cotric
5.Josh Addo Carr
6.Matt Burton
7.Kyle Flanagan
8.Dylan Napa
9.Jeremy Marshall King
10.Luke Thompson
11.Josh Jackson
12.Raymond Faitala Mariner
13.Adam Elliott

14.Jake Averillo
15.Ofahiki Ogden
16.Joe Stimson
17.Renouf Toomaga
18.Corey Waddell

If the bulldogs manage to snare a number 9 in Smith or Grant I hate to say it but they will be very competitive. They could even add james Roberts to their list. It just makes me wonder what we are doing.. these are very good signs from the dogs and once again barrett will form a great roster together. Even the eels are improving quickly in terms of roster. Do you think this dogs squad would beat us if we were to play round one ? I think they could

Think you will find that;
1.Schuster will start at 5/8, Foran on bench as a half / hooker back up
2. If Suli unavailable - Funa to centre not Parker
3. Hoppa on wing where Funa would be
4. My preference would have Jack on Bench (I don't know how to pass a ball?) and have Olakauatu start - deserves it!

Guys, seriously, the club has rebuilt, we are backing youth, lets run with the long term.

Think you will find that;
1.Schuster will start at 5/8, Foran on bench as a half / hooker back up
2. If Suli unavailable - Funa to centre not Parker
3. Hoppa on wing where Funa would be
4. My preference would have Jack on Bench (I don't know how to pass a ball?) and have Olakauatu start - deserves it!

Guys, seriously, the club has rebuilt, we are backing youth, lets run with the long term.
Interesting selections there.. I would also have haumole start but we may be short middle men.

Really think that Haumole should be in the 17 for next season , more upside then Keppie or Jet ski . Stronger runner and good mobility , solid defender . Just like Schuster , if he does not receive his opportunity to establish himself at Manly , will look else where and every indication that he does have the makings of a good i st grader . Just the type of player that some of the well run and astute clubs would like to pick up with a mid range price tag and bring the best out of him . Manly had the good sense to retain Paseka at the appropriate time , admittedly Haumole is still on the books for next season , with a club option in 2022 but again should be given his opportunity at Manly in the short term . Also think that young Burbo could go all right as a back rower , taking into account that he did O K there in the 18 "s SOO previously and especially if Garner does not relocate to Manly .

Just a different take on this....the wheels certainly fell off in 2020 which was basically a write off.
Before judging too hard on comparable signings and looking at NEW players in 202, who even if were on the squad in 2020, didn't play....so I will call them
NEW SIGNINGS -
1 - Turbo - No doubt u with the Elite players in the game
6 - Schuster - Absolute superstar, who had the NRL world in awe in his first and only 55 minutes
9 - Fainu - The main addition imo, absolute game changer in a position we struggled in 2020.
14 - Foran - Tired legs but a world class addition, will add big time to this squad in many ways.
2 - Saab - Long athletic winger with speed and great air ability - big gain where needed.
? - Ben Turbo - Will push for a spot in 2021 and I feel as he grows into his body, will terrorise edge defence which is another area Manly have lacked punch.
The squad - Every player will lift based on what the above players bring and will also take away the pressure on DCE, who has tried hard but being honest, suffered with too much expectation to be the cook - the chef - the barman and the maitre d....these players above in the spine particularly will release the load and he can get back to playing his own game.
I don't like excuses, but you take the spine out of ANY side from ANY competition and they will struggle.

What tends to happen is that fans start taking for granted the stars already in the team and only see 'signings' as a like for like. The fact the Dogs are signing some good players and we aren't can skew the appearance of our squad. The reality is that we already have a team full of stars who just had bad years due to myriad of reasons.

Flanagan didn't set the world on fire at the Chooks and he had arguably the best team around him in the competition; something he won't have at the Dogs. Ditto Addo-Carr who is a fine player but doesn't everyone kick arse at the Storm? Matt Burton is a rookie and certainly won't set the world on fire. If Hethrington was so lethal, he'd be in the Panthers 17 this weekend; instead he is nowhere to be seen. Cotric has no ball skills and is just a battering ram.

Tom T
Walker
Suli
Saab
Foran
DCE
Jake T
Cust
Taupau
Garner
Siro
Schuster

Paseka
Gojetski
Keppie
Buy a utility
No room for Olakau’atu yet you have Gosiewski in there????

Just a different take on this....the wheels certainly fell off in 2020 which was basically a write off.
Before judging too hard on comparable signings and looking at NEW players in 202, who even if were on the squad in 2020, didn't play....so I will call them
NEW SIGNINGS -
1 - Turbo - No doubt u with the Elite players in the game
6 - Schuster - Absolute superstar, who had the NRL world in awe in his first and only 55 minutes
9 - Fainu - The main addition imo, absolute game changer in a position we struggled in 2020.
14 - Foran - Tired legs but a world class addition, will add big time to this squad in many ways.
2 - Saab - Long athletic winger with speed and great air ability - big gain where needed.
? - Ben Turbo - Will push for a spot in 2021 and I feel as he grows into his body, will terrorise edge defence which is another area Manly have lacked punch.
The squad - Every player will lift based on what the above players bring and will also take away the pressure on DCE, who has tried hard but being honest, suffered with too much expectation to be the cook - the chef - the barman and the maitre d....these players above in the spine particularly will release the load and he can get back to playing his own game.
I don't like excuses, but you take the spine out of ANY side from ANY competition and they will struggle.
Love ya work buddy!!

Time to bite the bullet & do a Panthers.....zero new signings:
Tom T
Suli
Walkz
Funa
Schuster
DCE
Marty
Cust
Paseka
Gosiewski
Siro
Jake T
Res:
Foran
Olakau’atu
Keppie
Sipley

With possible new signings:
Tom T
*Saab
Suli
Walkz
*Fusitua
Schuster
DCE
Marty
Cust
Paseka
Gosiewski
Siro
Jake T
Res:
Foran
Olakau’atu
Keppie
Sipley

Dream Team:
Tom T
*Saab
Suli
Walkz
*Fusitua
Schuster
DCE
Marty
*Fainu
Paseka
*Tupouniua
Siro
Jake T
Res:
Foran
Olakau’atu
Keppie
Sipley

Already making excuses for your mate I see.

The daily dumbarrse post ..

How, in the world your talent deprived brain concludes that a comment saying that I don't think they will make the top 8 is somehow making excuses .. would be bewildering, but experience tells me that your need to be a smartarrse surpasses your ability to be logical ..

But .. if you think my statement .. that I don't think they will make the 8 is making excuses ... you must be saying that the coach that you loudly and fearlessly proclaimed would never ever coach in the NRL again ....(great call numbnut) ... will take the 15th placed Bulldogs into the top 8 ..

Tom T
Walker
Suli
Saab
Foran
DCE
Jake T
Cust
Taupau
Garner
Siro
Schuster

Paseka
Gojetski
Keppie
Buy a utility
Spot on! Olakau-atu gets a spot in my 17 though and maybe Funa is unlucky too.
We are definitely in need of a genuine 9/utility... weren't we looking at young Schneider?
Saab and Garner come in and that about completes us

The daily dumbarrse post ..

How, in the world your talent deprived brain concludes that a comment saying that I don't think they will make the top 8 is somehow making excuses .. would be bewildering, but experience tells me that your need to be a smartarrse surpasses your ability to be logical ..

But .. if you think my statement .. that I don't think they will make the 8 is making excuses ... you must be saying that the coach that you loudly and fearlessly proclaimed would never ever coach in the NRL again ....(great call numbnut) ... will take the 15th placed Bulldogs into the top 8 ..
Daily "dumbarrse" post .... indeed

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4