where would we be if....

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
CLIT COMMANDER said:
Within the right structure (Manly) he would have gone on to great things. He is now is a busted arse team with a coaching temp and doing it tough.

Well we all tried to warn him, but he wanted to run off like a dumb azz instead of building his career up with a club that has tasted success & will again in the not so distant future..
Instead of asking this question BE ..
I`m going to ask you how much better would DCE be now had we given him 5 games last yr & dropped hodgo..

Have to say honestly-I like "anyone" who pulls on a Manly jumper to start with. But the more I seen of Hodgkinson last year, I was glad we didn't retain him. he will no doubt be a good player...solid plodder and he will just get slower (pretty slow already).
But DCE could be "anything".
Daly has him covered in most departments already...and his kicking game is top shelf...top shelf!!!

jjai said:
CLIT COMMANDER said:
Within the right structure (Manly) he would have gone on to great things. He is now is a busted arse team with a coaching temp and doing it tough.

Well we all tried to warn him, but he wanted to run off like a dumb azz instead of building his career up with a club that has tasted success & will again in the not so distant future..
I`m going to ask you how much better would DCE be now had we given him 5 games last yr & dropped hodgo..

I dont see how DCE could be doing any better at his age.....Hodkinson will taste wooden spoon success if not this year then possibly next year,he has went to a sub-par club

Apparently DCE was not ready for first grade last year because he was not big enough. He had to get stuck into the weights to get his body ready for NRL. In regards to Dogkinson, Graham Hughes on Talkin' Sport on Monday night said that Manly told him to take the Bulldogs huge offer because they would not match it knowing they had DCE coming through.

The Eagle said:
jjai said:
CLIT COMMANDER said:

I dont see how DCE could be doing any better at his age.....Hodkinson will taste wooden spoon success if not this year then possibly next year,he has went to a sub-par club

He would have gained even more experience..

True,but we had the a bad case of the fades last year,do you really think that would have been good for the youngin to debut with?

Trent was a good half. With dessies game plan and improved fitness levels, I think we would be around the same position. With a top 4 finish.

I guess DCE and Forans combinations are better given they have played jnr footy together.

who knows, the u20's half Riccardi may go elsewhere too. it's just how it is!!! hey was't the other other half (forgot his name) that went to the bulldogs now playing park footy for asquith??

Cambo said:
Berkeley_Eagle said:
The Bulldogs didnt offer overs for Trent Hodkinson and , do you think we would be sitting in 2nd spot now
Get over it. If my aunty had a dick she would be my uncle. Go start an inane fb group bout it berks
Just what I was thinking yesterday and I'm thrilled at the way it has worked out for us and btw
What do want me to call it ? ;)

Time to put Hodo leaving into context. Manly would have kept him at a realistic salary, the Dogs offered an unrealistic salary which we were unwilling (wisely) to match.

If someone knocked on your door and offered you significantly more to do the same job you're doing now, with a different employer, most of us would take it. Now add in to the equation that you have 5-10 years max to earn the vast majority of your lifetime income, then I suggest all of us would and should take it. This is the business of professional sport.

To look at it another way, if he showed 'loyalty' and stayed with us, then suffered a career ending injury this year battling for our cause, would the club show the same 'loyalty' and pay him out what he would potentially have earnt during his career? Perhaps not.

We're better off with DCE, but I have no problems with Hodo as he put in 100% when he was with us and took an offer we weren't willing to match. As I say, that's the business.

We didn't punt Hodkinson. If the dogs didn't come along with a huge offer we would have kept him. Des was more than happy with how he played for us last year and if he did stay he would have been in the driving seat for 2011.

Thankfully its worked out for us. For what its worth, I don't think he's been that bad for the Dogs either. They money they wasted on Keating is a bigger problem them than what they are giving to Trent.

mosto said:
Time to put Hodo leaving into context. Manly would have kept him at a realistic salary, the Dogs offered an unrealistic salary which we were unwilling (wisely) to match.

If someone knocked on your door and offered you significantly more to do the same job you're doing now, with a different employer, most of us would take it. Now add in to the equation that you have 5-10 years max to earn the vast majority of your lifetime income, then I suggest all of us would and should take it. This is the business of professional sport.

To look at it another way, if he showed 'loyalty' and stayed with us, then suffered a career ending injury this year battling for our cause, would the club show the same 'loyalty' and pay him out what he would potentially have earnt during his career? Perhaps not.

We're better off with DCE, but I have no problems with Hodo as he put in 100% when he was with us and took an offer we weren't willing to match. As I say, that's the business.

Bull ****ing **** he did,once he got the dollars he was beyond woeful,he was more heartless than 2009 model T Rex,He is in the position he is now on the ladder off the back of Keating's work,which isnt great nor terrible,their coach should recognise this soon and go something along the lines of 6.Barba (No more need to learn to catch)7.Keating(number correction) and then give him the freedom to find a new contract, preferably with souffs or tigpies to ensure more missed finals in years to come

The Eagle said:
mosto said:

Bull f**king s**t he did,once he got the dollars he was beyond woeful,he was more heartless than 2009 model T Rex,He is in the position he is now on the ladder off the back of Keating's work,which isnt great nor terrible,their coach should recognise this soon and go something along the lines of 6.Barba (No more need to learn to catch)7.Keating(number correction) and then give him the freedom to find a new contract, preferably with souffs or tigpies to ensure more missed finals in years to come

Are you wrapping Keating? He's been way worse than Hodkinson.

Masked Eagle said:
The Eagle said:
mosto said:

Bull f**king s**t he did,once he got the dollars he was beyond woeful,he was more heartless than 2009 model T Rex,He is in the position he is now on the ladder off the back of Keating's work,which isnt great nor terrible,their coach should recognise this soon and go something along the lines of 6.Barba (No more need to learn to catch)7.Keating(number correction) and then give him the freedom to find a new contract, preferably with souffs or tigpies to ensure more missed finals in years to come

Are you wrapping Keating? He's been way worse than Hodkinson.

Only Mullane and Ferris were perhaps worse than him in attacking prowess,Keating isnt great but he is better than that future ESL reserve grader

I think we should just be happy with DCE and leave it at that. Hodkinson is not the only reason the Dogs are going woeful. I do thing DCE is the better option but i think we have dissed Hodko enough.

The Eagle said:
True,but we had the a bad case of the fades last year,do you really think that would have been good for the youngin to debut with?

...or a rookie half to turn around ;)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8