Where we really stand

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

clontaago

First Grader
After the Byes have been taken into consideration.

Team Pt

Storm 30
Dragons 26
Broncos 26
Bulldogs 26
Sharks 22
Sea Eagles 22
Knights 22
Cowboys 20
Tigers 20
Raiders 20
Panthers 18
Warriors 16
Eels 16
Roosters 14
Rabbitohs 4

It really leaves stuff all room for error. We absolutely must demolish the bunnies this week and improve our F/A.

Bunnies AWAY = Win

Panthers HOME = Win

Eels AWAY = Win

BYE = Points already taken into account

Knights AWAY = Lose

Bunnies HOME = Win

Dogs HOME = Loss

Storm AWAY = Loss

That's my prediction which will leave us on 30 points. Where on the table will that leave us though?? As Mata said, we need to be in the top 5 to have any chance in the finals.

Also, its quite clear I have taken too many drugs over the weekend, can someone please move this to the Footy Forum.

Also, its quite clear I have taken too many drugs over the weekend, can someone please move this to the Footy Forum.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ahh you always crack me up doug!!

Umm yeah we'll finish first :)

Thats not a fair table at all, as some teams have played more games than others

I used the finals calculator, and can't see us being any higher up than 7th, and playing The Dragons at OKI Jubilee. Better than Melbourne at The Graveyard I guess.

Im sure we can finish on 32 to 34 pts im sure we can beat.

Rabbits x 2
Panthers
Peels
Knights

The two im not sure about is Mutts , Storm

Thats not a fair table at all, as some teams have played more games than others

Disco, I'm not sure I understand.

I have taken into account the points from bye's. Effectively what I am stating is that all teams have had their byes and this is where they stand after the points from the remaining bye's have been taken into account.

What does the number of games played have to do with it?

there is more potential for some teams to get points than others clon - ie some teams can achieve another 14 points, others 16.

Neither table is fair as such as you cant guarentee a win or a loss in any game

we are thru 18 rounds clon

Manly have played 17 times with one bye

Melboure 16 times with 2 byes

by adding our second bye, we get 2 extra points yet will have played 1 more game than melboure

the only time the comp is a true relection is at the end of round 26, though thankfully all that will change next year with 16 teams

I think 32 probable and 34 possible. Dont think we will lose all 3 against Knights, Dogs and Storm. Gotta pick up all other games though.
Hoping this is then enough for top 6 spot...

I think we will finish on 30 or 32 points. Probably 7th, maybe 6th. It sounds obvious but we need to lift a lot to make an impact this finals.

Mate....I thought youn said they were tic tacs....no wonder I tore the dance floor up at Honky's :drunk: 8|

there is more potential for some teams to get points than others clon - ie some teams can achieve another 14 points, others 16.

Neither table is fair as such as you cant guarentee a win or a loss in any game

simply wrong.it is pretty simple math.

every team from round 18 on has the potential to get 16 points.

7 wins and a bye(like us) will net 16 points
8 wins (like cronulla) will net 16 points

the small advantage lies in the fact that we have a guaranteed two points while the sharks may earn those points but they have to win to do so.

I fear the Eels game at slime stadium. Once a season is finished and the pressure off some weaker teams start to play good football and peform better. They thrive in knocking off some of the tall poppies.

No gimmes there and whilst I think we will make the semis it will be hard to get near the four.

PS Fluffy - were you on the grog when you posted the comment highlighted by Sue. Can't work out what the heck you are trying to say????? :cop:

CW - i was replying to the disco post stating that the table isnt fair.

As in once the byes have been taken into account (shown in the table posted at the start of the thread) some teams can earn a potential 14 points, others 16.

Apparently this is wrong and all teams can earn a potential 16 points on top of the table posted at the start of this thread according to Sue

The mistake I made was to think it would be basic comprehension that we are takling about the table posted in the orignal post in this thread.

fair enough re table mixups etc.

the basic point Clontago is making is that there is definitely an absolute advantage having a bye up your sleeve.It is not a 2 point advantage but it is a certian 2 points versus a possible 2 points.

eg round 22 -we get 2 points,sharks must beat warriors at Ericsson and all teams who have already had 2 byes must earn their points as well or we advance in relation to them.

Fully understand what you're saying sue. In fact, my seven year old does........

He's wondering how some people don't. :lol:

agree sue - thats why i say neither table is fair when trying to work out a teams relevant position before/after byes. As either one gives an advantage to some teams.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4