Where have all the Naysayers gone?

Human nature mate , I thought we would win but I looked at their side and it was still a good one.

Just lacked a set of organising halves , which is what cost them dearly in the end.
You should know the Chooks can't win when their match day squad of sixteen rep-players is reduced to eight. I mean, goodness, what club could possibly perform under such a disadvantage?

You should know the Chooks can't win when their match day squad of sixteen rep-players is reduced to eight. I mean, goodness, what club could possibly perform under such a disadvantage?
Yeah, fancy only having Teddy, Twopoo, JWH, Morris, Radly, Crichton, rookie of year Walker, Lui, Tuipina or whatever his name is at your disposal

Yeah, fancy only having Teddy, Twopoo, JWH, Morris, Radly, Crichton, rookie of year Walker, Lui, Tuipina or whatever his name is at your disposal
It's a travesty all right. They have been incredibly brave all year - losing Joey Manu a couple of weeks back was the final straw. I feel sorry for Trent Robinson - he presents well and speaks beautifully in front of the cameras. He deserved so much more.

I forgot about you Ralphie...nice to see you posting again. Always liked your passion.
Thanks for the kind words Snake & MFB. I tend to be just an observer these days. Maybe a more thorough use of the ignore function is worth considering. This year feels more like 2006 to me, on the rise with a developing young squad about to go off. In 2013 we were an established high performer.

I would say I've been pretty fair all season long .. last week was a joke.. and the players that got hammered deserved to get hammered for a pathetic finals effort (or lack thereof)
My outlook changed the minute bunnies beat Penrith..
Before that game, my thoughts were manly just cost themselves a shot at the Grandfinal, as now we need to beat the roosters (who are decimated by injurys so not hard) but will go down to Penrith in a successful season in my eyes...

The minute Penrith lost however, my opinion changed to "now we have a much softer path to the Grandfinal..." Beat the roosters (who are decimated by injuries, so not hard) and then a very beatable bunnies team to make the gf.. manly have the points in them to knock the rabbits out.

Now, my position on the actual gf if we make it is this... If it's the storm were rooted, as they have proven already they are better than us as a team and have the answers to the turbo question.. plus the lesser players in our squad literally go to pieces when we play the storm and literally drop their bundle and cost us points..
If Penrith make it, now that's a different proposition.. the eels smashed them last night, and they won't get past the storm Unless it's a Bashfest, meaning manly will have a great shot at beating them come gf day...
I'm hoping for a penny manly Grandfinal, as I don't think we can beat the Storm
I don't think we're rooted against the Storm if (and it's a big if) we hold ON TO THE F$#%ING BALL.

We haven't actually tried that tactic against them yet...

Suli is a gun in attack but needs work on his D , a try saved is equal to one scored. No better example than last nights game.
For me, Suli is a lazy, uninterested footballer that has had an incredibly unearned path in the NRL through a total of 2 minutes of highlights in 6 years on FAR more money than he is worth. I guess we all see things differently.

I think the Bunnies might have played their GF to jag that win over Penrith, but time will tell.
Without latrell we have a big advantage over them. The young kid played well last week but the Panthers have no real fullback attacking weapon especially the likes of turbo! I expect turbo to out leap him for an easy try. I also expect kicks to the corner to smash him and drag him back like we used to in 2008 then turn it up in D.

For me, Suli is a lazy, uninterested footballer that has had an incredibly unearned path in the NRL through a total of 2 minutes of highlights in 6 years on FAR more money than he is worth. I guess we all see things differently.
I agree with you but you can't say with Foran yelling at him and giving him those inside balls Suli didn't impress. Proves he has it but just needs to want it more.. good luck dragons

I agree with you but you can't say with Foran yelling at him and giving him those inside balls Suli didn't impress. Proves he has it but just needs to want it more.. good luck dragons
He will never want it more deep inside, that's why he only shows it when he NEEDS to. He is not a footballer at heart and doesn't get enough of a kick out of the things that real footballers do to put in the effort required. Channelling Lionel would save him. I have little hope for him ever being anything near what he could have been. Some do...some don't...he won't.

Waiting for the next loss!

Must admit I was concerned re quite a few areas after Melbourne loss. Starting with Keppie, Croker, Aloai made a big difference. Still a tad concerned re centres and still prefer Walker to start at centre.
but he hasn't played there in nearly what? 4 years? why would anyone feel more confident having a guy who is killing it at 14 plonked out in the 3/4 line in a match that could get us to a GF?

Thanks for the kind words Snake & MFB. I tend to be just an observer these days. Maybe a more thorough use of the ignore function is worth considering. This year feels more like 2006 to me, on the rise with a developing young squad about to go off. In 2013 we were an established high performer.
Yes I’ve said so a few times.

This experience will do wonders for the young fellas but I’m just not 100% sure we are ready for that next leap.

I’m going on Friday night , would be amazing to see them win and progress but my expectations aren’t ridiculously high.

Of the 4 teams left, Manly is definitely the one on the rise. The others have the edge in recent experience at this time of year but the exciting thing is because Manly is improving no-one knows just yet how much we've still got. Maybe we aren't ready yet? But this week it is Bennett having a few sleepless nights for sure.

Don't be mistaken thinking its all fixed and we are ready to beat the the Rabbits and the Storm. There was a huge improvement on Friday and I am more than satisfied with our teams achievements this year. Our edge defence still looked fragile against the Roosters who stripped us short out wide a couple of times. The Rabbits are the next level above on attacking edges just behind the Storm. Team selections is not the cure at this stage of the season but I expect they are working very hard on the structure of our edge defence and improving our reads. Our pack were great and monstered the Roosters pack and they will need to do it two more games this season for us to win.

I forgot about you Ralphie...nice to see you posting again. Always liked your passion.

Me too, good to see you back @Ralphie .

An opinion I always liked to read.

And yes the Ignore button is good, I use it for one complete goose who it semmed chose to attack every single post I made for a while. Now I dont even know if they still participate here.

Friday night is a win for us no matter what.

We win and it is into a GF where no one will expect us to get a result
We lose the kids in the team get some more experience and motivation for next year

Also I am not sure there are many on here who would have thought we were a chance of being in this place after the first 4 rounds of the year

He will never want it more deep inside, that's why he only shows it when he NEEDS to. He is not a footballer at heart and doesn't get enough of a kick out of the things that real footballers do to put in the effort required. Channelling Lionel would save him. I have little hope for him ever being anything near what he could have been. Some do...some don't...he won't.
I see him having a progression somewhat like Tony Williams. A couple of breakout seasons during contract negotiations in an otherwise unimpressive career.

Last week it was all doom and gloom and we were going to be hammered. A few of us stayed true to our team and said we will bounce back. Have you all gone underground or basking in the glory? Have some faith in your team who have turned it around big time and is 1 win away from the big dance.

The premiership is still in play. Battle will be won upfront again.

These threads achieve absolutely nothing apart from creating chaos / infighting. As I said before the Chooks game, I was 100% certain we'd win, and I have a similar feeling against The Bunnies. How about debating the pro's and con's of a specific game or player, rather than the man?

I have absolutely no interest in calling anyone out, or trying to start a squable. Take these threads to the kennel.

Yes I’ve said so a few times.

This experience will do wonders for the young fellas but I’m just not 100% sure we are ready for that next leap.

I’m going on Friday night , would be amazing to see them win and progress but my expectations aren’t ridiculously high.
And that is how I am viewing it too.

Not 100% sold on the fact this is our year. Just think we are a few years off really being ready to win a title . Like you said it would be amazing if we do win on Friday night but my expectations are not to high.

If we are to get beat on Friday night I feel this is the stepping stone our young players need going into the coming years.

Enjoy the night

These threads achieve absolutely nothing apart from creating chaos / infighting. As I said before the Chooks game, I was 100% certain we'd win, and I have a similar feeling against The Bunnies. How about debating the pro's and con's of a specific game or player, rather than the man?

I have absolutely no interest in calling anyone out, or trying to start a squable. Take these threads to the kennel.
Like your confidence whatever happens on Friday night how good is it to see us playing in another preliminary final again where we belong.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
2 2 0 36 4
2 2 0 26 4
2 2 0 23 4
2 2 0 19 4
2 2 0 12 4
2 1 1 13 2
2 1 1 10 2
2 1 1 3 2