Where are our owners

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kevinward777

First Grader
Haven’t heard boo out of them this season... no wonder we have zero leadership in the joint. From the top all the way down to the players on the field we are directionless. There’s been a lot of talk about people on here and fans at the ground being un-Manly, but from where I’m sitting, there hasn’t been a Manly club to be un-Manly like towards this season.

Last edited:
Haven’t heard boo out of them this season... no wonder we have zero leadership in the joint. From the top all the way down to the players on the field we are directionless. There’s been a lot of talk about people on here and fans at the ground being in-Manly, but from where I’m sitting, there hasn’t been a Manly club to be in-Manly like towards this season.

Well said mate. They are also uncontactable. Linkedin is the only way for Scott.

The owners are sitting back smiling and sharing a drink with Todd. Everything is going just fine.

The conspiracy to take Manly out. (don tin hat now folks) It's just a suburb after all. Imagine if it was a whole country? Where are the Penns and why are they there?

Yep, that's right.

The American Eagles. (you heard it here first)

The owners are where we fans should all be venting our frustration. We are lacking leadership from top all the way down to the team on the field. We are left with zero input from them, zero vision for our future, zero engagement... zero.
The conspiracy to take Manly out. (don tin hat now folks) It's just a suburb after all. Imagine if it was a whole country? Where are the Penns and why are they there?

Yep, that's right.

The American Eagles. (you heard it here first)
I’m hoping for Christchurch or Hobart. If the keep the colours and the Sea Eagle I could cheer for them.

• I don't see any leadership from the club.
  • I don't see any concrete plans for this club.
  • I don't even see a vision to inspire fans to get behind.
  • I don't see a strong symbolic character that instills me with confidence over this club and its future.
The only thing that keeps me hanging in here is the past. Tradition. However, we have to be realistic, and we have to ask questions.
  • We do not have pokies or gambling vehicles funnelling money into our club.
  • We don't have access to wealthy corporate sponsorship dollars.
  • We don't have political support or clout.
We just have our tradition. And as we progress into the future I fear that means less and less, beyond some corporate interest to leverage it to make money.

If we do not see some drastic changes addressing what I mentioned at the top, I do not see much of a future for us. I can only hope and pray there is much happening in the background that we are not aware of, and that change is coming. The only other possibilities I see are mergers, relocations or extinction.

I would not know where the owner are, but I have an idea what they are doing

(1) having a nice dinner after a tough day at the office
(2) preparing their discussion with Barrett on Monday. Something along the lines of. “Tough season mate, I can see the effort, we are just simply unlucky”
(3) continuing with plans to pursue Elgey for next season
(4) continuing their drive for more Manly memberships
(5) scheduling meetings with Barrett to discuss next years KPIs and terms for an extension to 2021
(6) planning board meetings to talk about the Manly “culture” and a lunch where everyone brings their own yoghurt
(7) orgasining an honesty session on last weeks honesty session
(8) arranging interviews with Cherry, Thompson, Tapau, Walker and JTrobj to give us an update on exciting goings on around the club

NYEagle

For sure this is the clear agenda - merger or relocation.

The Penns are just positioning themselves so that they can get the most out of it.
Of course, I have no access to the inside mechanisms going in in our club ownership... I assume most here don't. However, looking from the outside, this is looking more and more likely.

I did suggest the other day Gorman was abroad setting up the Toad Suck Sea Eagles in Arkansas. May be a bit easier for you to get to than Brookvale Dump.

You know who wouldn't be missing in action now if he were still there? Tim Cleary. But he got shafted (or he resigned as it was clear to him his days were numbered) after his stoush with Bozo.Tim knows how to run an organisation. He turned St Augustine's College into a rugby powerhouse and he has business acumen and people skills. Yet another farkin debacle in the Penn/Zorba run administration.

You know who wouldn't be missing in action now if he were still there? Tim Cleary. But he got shafted (or he resigned as it was clear to him his days were numbered) after his stoush with Boz. Tim knows how to run an organisation. He turned St Augustine's College into a rugby powerhouse and he has business acumen and people skills. Yet another farkin debacle in the Penn/Zorba run administration.

I know this would never happen but imagine this

New owners and Penn, zorba and co gone
Tim Clearly / 2V's CEO and head of football department
Media manager: Shervo ( huge manly fan) or Beaver
Coach Ivan clearly
Assistant : Brent Kite
Head trainer and fitness: Matt Ballin
Forwards and defence coach: Spud Carroll+ BK+ Josh perry

One can only dream

Last edited:

Staff online

• Jethro