Where are our owners

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Anyone wanting to hear from our owners old mate Rothfield mentioned on his blog he spoke with Scott yesterday, with a reply as you would expect...

BUZZ ROTHFIELD moderator3 minutes ago

@Cameron I spoke to him (Scott Penn) yesterday and he almost put me to sleep. Same old crap about the Brookvale Oval masterplan bla bla bla bla

It's becoming increasingly clear the Penns care more about the buck they may turn from any brookie redevelopment rather than the short term strategy and long term viability of the club in getting it succeeding and keeping it successful. A well resourced and better appointed footy department. Engaged fans & sponsors and a commitment to get the club back where it belongs

Get your head out of the sand Penns, the club needs you put manly first.

Hate Buzz but he is speaking the truth today we need to move to survive when more people turn up for a Newtown game the "locals" have lost the right to have a team. Move keep the colors,emblem, and always be known as the seaeagles (Perth,Wellington,Central Coast) or stay at Brookie and dream of a new stadium and die.

He is correct when they get more fans to a marlins/rats game than Manly do at brookie

After the year we've had off and on field and the flogging we copped last week, I wasn't surprised at all to see only 6000 there on Saturday. Unfortunately I think many have had enough for the year - I'm really worried about the crowds we'll get for the remaining Bulldogs and Titans game which is in the wonderful Friday 6pm timeslot!

In saying that though we did have over 16,000 to the Tigers game earlier this year when we were in better form. So hopefully if there is a slight amount of optimism over the off season, many will be back next year.

He needs go vIsit some other clubs and see hows it done by the sound of it.or barretts best buddy Gus can come and Explain it. Keep hearing how we Have the most unprofessional set up in the league. Sounds like its run like a country town club and we play like it.

Hopefully packing their bags and selling up. Doesnt Scotty's own the company that made the biggest loser TV shows?
Fingers in as many weight loss pies as Zorba has eaten pies.
My partner paid for the CSIRO online book and I was shocked to find that the program was run by good old Penn Health. Not only that, but six months later they took another $20 off the credit card. An angry complaint from us received the explanation that it was in the fine print that there'd be an ongoing $20 per month cost after six months and that it was up to us to opt out. Which we did but with no refund of that $20.
And that, ladies and gentlemen is the honourable way Mr Penn makes his money.

Let’s face it, they’ve made 16 million on the League club, and they’ll probably get 8 million from the NRL to walk away, and all the losses are tax deductible, so really they don’t give a flying ****!!

And there in 1,2,3 are our real issues.

The bottom line is, for our club to get back to a level of stability and success on field, there needs to be huge improvements off field.

The only way we can see those off field changes is through greater investment from our owners. Until that day comes we won’t see sustainable success on field.

Other clubs continually increase the resources available to their staff and players but we have plateaued since the ‘decade of dominance’ and can no longer live off the back of that success.

The bottom line is, for our club to get back to a level of stability and success on field, there needs to be huge improvements off field.

The only way we can see those off field changes is through greater investment from our owners. Until that day comes we won’t see sustainable success on field.

Other clubs continually increase the resources available to their staff and players but we have plateaued since the ‘decade of dominance’ and can no longer live off the back of that success.
Irritates the hell out of me that these people swan around as rich football team owners (who've described their investment as a gift to the community) but refuse to properly resource the team.
If they can't afford it - sell it to someone who can.

Irritates the hell out of me that these people swan around as rich football team owners (who've described their investment as a gift to the community) but refuse to properly resource the team.
If they can't afford it - sell it to someone who can.

Agree 100% mate. We don’t have the advantage of a profitable leagues club like others and if they don’t fund the club adequately, we will continue to fall behind the pack.

Look at someone like a Nick Politis, obviously not an owner but as chairman and a successful and wealthy businessman who has an extreme passion for his club, ensures they are adequately resourced.

Plenty want us to be sold to a middle eastern sultan. Are we really xpecting they will be overseaing the training and recruiting process , and day to day running of the club.

Sheesh
No, but they won't sack a club legend one year out of contract alienating fans and then still pay him out, they won't get a green blob shirt sponsor from a dodgy deal that earns $0 for the club, then sue for the money and lose, also having to pay green blobs legal costs; they won't rename Brookvale Oval with a synthetic and evil gambling organisation (though on this one it was external forces at play so they weren't 100% wrong business-wise, just morally).

Really, could anyone else do worse?

FYI
Capture.PNG

I saw Gus and Penn sitting down having a latte. They were both reflecting. Penn was saying to Gus remember 2015? Gus goes yeah that was the year I sacked Ivan - bad mistake! Penn goes yeah 2015 year I sacked Toovey! Big mistake!!
Penn goes you gunna try to get Ivan back? Gus goes Yeah!
Gus goes what about you? you going to try to get Toovs back?
Nah! I just don’t have the balls to admit I screwed up!
I was talking to Toddy and he advised me it is one thing to do the wrong thing but it is another thing to admit you did the wrong thing. He emphasised never ever admit you were wrong! So I guess I will just sit on my ass and hope the problem goes away!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8