What's your opinion?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
C & C, his point is the tigers will be holding a portion of their cap open for him when he comes back and miraculously chooses to play with them again, its a defacto method of rorting the salary cap.

On Gallop's analogy, any retailer who sells Pepsi should be excluded from selling Coke.

An executive working for both Coke and Pepsi is different to professional athletes playing two different codes.  Trade secrets are the key reason used for barring execs working for both.

More accurately, he's trying to tie players exclusively into rugby league to prevent them selling their valuable personal images on the open market, instead wanting monopoly control over their value.  Players (with their managers) are increasingly working to regain personal control over the value in their personal images.  Watch for Gallop's current actions to be widely accepted as an unreasonable restraint of trade within a decade or so.  Market forces will ultimately crush Gallop's ideology.

I agree Fro, but Gallop should come out and say so rather than hide behind his 'player concerns'.  He needs to get on the front foot and discuss this cap issue potential rort with administrators of the clubs rather than rabbit on about the players. 

Fro link said:
C & C, his point is the tigers will be holding a portion of their cap open for him when he comes back and miraculously chooses to play with them again, its a defacto method of rorting the salary cap.

Maybe..... maybe not. No different to the Tigers holding part of their salary cap open in the hope of signing "X" who is also off contract. No guarantees that "X" will sign but if they are prepared to take the risk that is their decision. I see your point if they have a unwritten agreement that he will definitely return, but no different to negotiating with any off contract player IMO, it's all backroom deals and rorting by the player managers anyway.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6