What's you favourite play that you don't see anymore?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
My favourite play /player I dont see and will never ever see any other like him any more .
The Incomparable Immortal dominating another match with his sensational 2 tries out classing and out pacing the Sharks to help Manly win another grand final

Use to love watching Toovey feed a scrum 20 metres out pick the ball up and sprint and score.
I don't think I have seen that play in years, now its pick it up and pass.

Mal Reilly often put in the chip and re-gather .... he had it all .... in spades .... most skillful forward ever ...
I read about this guy and have seen footage of him . He was as tough as a forward and as creative as a half . As you say he had it all and it was a shame his career was shortened by injury

I agree with a lot of people here, the good old chip and chase. Phil Blake was a master at it, as was (from the video footage I've seen), Bozo and Malcolm Reilly. And remember, they used to do it in the days when halfbacks in defence would often be behind the line playing a sweeper role to counteract that very thing. That sweeper role is almost non-existent these days so a good chip and chase would seemingly be easier to pull off, yet we rarely see it any more because teams are almost pre-programmed to do 3-4 hit ups followed by 1-2 tackles where the ball actually gets to the backs followed by either a downfield kick, or if attacking the line a grubber into the in-goal or a high kick to the corner.

Its almost like ad-lib play is being coached out of players.

Use to love watching Toovey feed a scrum 20 metres out pick the ball up and sprint and score.
I don't think I have seen that play in years, now its pick it up and pass.

As an old front rower, I hate scrums these days. Fullbacks packing in at lock deep in their attacking half (how often do we see Tom pack in there when there is an opposition scrum feed 10 metres out from their own line??), the hooker packing in at lock because they are the best passers from the ground (to call them hookers these days is laughable. They are #9's or dummy halves, but certainly not hookers), weak tackling backs packing into the second row....and the worst part is halfbacks, or whoever is actually feeding the scrum, often directly facing their own line and feeding the ball almost at the feet of whoever is at lock.

People have been saying for years that rugby league scrums today are a joke. People are right. Not that they were much better back in the 'good old days' where scrums often resembled disorganised chaos and scrum penalties were often the result of the referees mood on the day. But at least back then you would have front rowers and the hooker packing into the front row, the actual second rowers in the second row and shock horror, the lock actually having his head in at lock.

I just thought about this seriously feathered friends and what I really miss seeing that I dont see any more is female streakers running 100 meters from one side of the field to the other bouncing and bearing it all for the glory of their team .

The first streaker I ever saw at a sporting match was actually at the cricket. My dad took me to a one day game between Australia and India at the Adelaide Oval in early 1985. That game had a streaker, though it was a male streaker lol. After 'invading the pitch', he jumped back over the fence right next to us where his mate had his clothes waiting. And sure enough, shortly after getting dressed and sitting down to watch the match, the boys in blue came and got him. He didn't put up much of a fight, but did "politely" protest that they had the wrong bloke lol.

And I loved the part in your video post where the 'lady' scored a goal and the crowd behind started cheering :rofl::rofl:

Does anyone remember Fatty's comment during the 1995 World Cup Final after a female streaker? "Nice eyes" hehehe

There was a play we did against the dragons at kogarah (the day we gave up a 30 odd point leave). Not sure if it ended up in a try or not, or may be classed as a obstruction these days. But it was real poetry in motion and worth looking at if you can find it on YouTube. :h:

I just thought about this seriously feathered friends and what I really miss seeing that I dont see any more is female streakers running 100 meters from one side of the field to the other bouncing and bearing it all for the glory of their team .
I too yearn for the days to return where women needed little incentive to get naked @:)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4