What's wrong with you lot?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

mellonhead

Reserve Grader

After 3 weeks in the competition, we are undefeated, on top of the ladder. When was the last time we started the season so great? So surprise, surprise we all get on the site today and most new threads are about what's wrong with the side and who's not performing..... and who we should replace or who needs to improve..... do yourselves a favour and get off their backs. It's bad enough they have cop it when their loosing, but not when their winning. Those guys with a lack of skill, are playing with great heart. So I say "GOOD ONYA BOYS" and keep it up.

It does feel great being back on top. Good onya boys for this great start. Keep up the good work.

You can try mellonhead but some people on here are prepared to demand such a quality from others that they could not possibly apply to themselves.

2005 was the last time we started the competition so well. On top and undefeated for 5 rounds.

So what's your point?

We faced some tough oposition in the lead up that year. Granted we are going well but i will reserve my positivity until we are tested by the Warriors this weekend

Not only that, but I think it's within the rights of the Silvertails community to critique. Reason's:- When there is some need to volunteer some time and/or effort - they are the FIRST to put their hands up.

Ryan...Or put sponsorship money into the team....

Daniel, are you really suggesting that you expected us to be in ths position without Orford, Menzies, Matai, (and Choc in the first game)? What I am saying is that boys are going good at the moment and we should support them, not critique them.

i am not denying that but I am not about to declare us premiers from here.

Granted they are doing well but against poor sides, in reality the team played fairly poorly yesterday.

Like I say i exercise my right to critique, but I am waiting until the results are in from tougher opposition!

Mellon the site exists from such critiquing, and the more absurd it is the more these posters get off on it as it.

mellon and Byso.

Is it better to find weakness and continue to improve or stay as you are and stagnate?

In the Herald today it reported that Manly have beaten three teams who between them have not won a game.

That is true - we couldn't do any more than win and for two of those games we made heavy weather of it.

I reserve my judgement for the days when we play some of the top teams, though of course the old adage stands - it is a good team that can win without playing particularly well.

To put it bluntly, despite the wins we have been pretty average in attack so the 4jury is out on Manly this year.

Dan,

Some people spend about 10 times the effort trying to improve the "back up" players game than the other weakness in the starting players.

So dont try that one

We can only play what we have in front of us and we've come away with the points everytime. It was probably a bit hard for the boys to get up for it yesterday as blind Joe can see how terrible the roosters are going.

The 3 players out injured certainly isn't helping but we are doing what we have to.

This week - better team, home crowd etc I think the boys will step it up again as they will probably have to. They are 3 games we should have won and 3 games that we did win so no complaints from me. I think we can mix it with the best this year once we have all hands back on deck and the boys will prove me right ;)

just can't wait to read the posts after we loose a game....can see the headlines...

Hasler must go! Why does the club support mediocrity from players? Who can we buy for next season?

How come no one remembers that with pre season, no one was injured and everyone training in spots they were going to play in. Of course timing is going to out whilst the players make their combinations. But Easts yesterday made us change our game plan, and the team adapted to that change and came on strong.

mellonhead the irony in your post and predictions of doom and gloom really are beautiful.

Hypocrisy is a terrible thing my friend

Daniel, your memory is short..... I remember the posts of last year and pre season..Jjust as well I'm a glass half full type of guy as appossed to glass half empty type.

Fluffy is it encouraged or just human nature?

I see no reason to run out shouting from roof tops and patting the backs of the palyers for doing their job just yet, and I see it as more than fair to reserve my judgement for now.

You may also note I have not said anything bad either about the players.

That is what i mean by reserving my judgement!

that is you, there are however many that want to organise a firing sqaud after a clsoe win.

or did you neatly leave that out

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4