What's worth streaming on TV.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
So finally Adam Sandler has made a movie worth watching. Enjoyed Queen Latifah playing his wife as well.
( Smart PR dropping it in the middle of the NBA final series.)
Seen “Hustle” on Netflix yet?

So finally Adam Sandler has made a movie worth watching. Enjoyed Queen Latifah playing his wife as well.

Watched it last night actually. I thought it was pretty good, and as a NBA fan (and follower of the 76ers) I loved seeing Matisse, Tobias Harris and others in it. Interesting that Joel Embiid didn’t make an appearance - he probably demanded big money! 😂

In my man love for actor Joel Kinnaman, I found this series on AppleTV+. As I’m not really into sci-fi stuff, I was hesitant. But wow, it is really good. I’ve binge watched up until the third series in a week. I’m surprised our resident "SpaceMan" @globaleagle hasn't referred it to this thread. I think @Jethro is a trekky man, and I’m sure there are plenty of other sci-fi fans. But for me, it is the great dramatic writing that makes this series binge-worthy,and of course I get my bromance with Joel!
But be warned, it is addictive and can/did have the other half warning me she‘ll pull the plug on the internet if I don’t start full filling my job list.

Just watched this 4 part series. If you want to see religious brainwashing at its very worst, this is it. I was expecting it to be some underground cult from the sixties. How wrong was I.

Seen “Keep Sweet: Pray and Obey” on Netflix yet?

Just watched this 4 part series. If you want to see religious brainwashing at its very worst, this is it. I was expecting it to be some underground cult from the sixties. How wrong was I.

You've got some cajones. After being told to stop watching one series you then watch a different 4 part series. My Mrs would have my balls on a skewer

Was amazed at how many well educated people fell into this cult and most likely still involved with it.

In my man love for actor Joel Kinnaman, I found this series on AppleTV+. As I’m not really into sci-fi stuff, I was hesitant. But wow, it is really good. I’ve binge watched up until the third series in a week. I’m surprised our resident "SpaceMan" @globaleagle hasn't referred it to this thread. I think @Jethro is a trekky man, and I’m sure there are plenty of other sci-fi fans. But for me, it is the great dramatic writing that makes this series binge-worthy,and of course I get my bromance with Joel!
But be warned, it is addictive and can/did have the other half warning me she‘ll pull the plug on the internet if I don’t start full filling my job list.

Thanks for the heads up.

I think the main reason why I didn't see this was that my free year's trial of appletv ran out and I just couldn't be bothered paying for not a lot of content (I liked Ted Lasso though). I believe you that it's good, and I like Joel as well, though I have a hard time getting into 'alternative history' style of shows.

Anyway, I'll keep it in mind in case I ever sign back up or a friend ~cough~ has downloaded it. ~cough~

Now, go do your chores! lol

You've got some cajones. After being told to stop watching one series you then watch a different 4 part series. My Mrs would have my balls on a skewer
My only saving grace is that I’ve got the flu pretty bad. So I’m playing the man-flu sympathy card to its fullest.

*opposed to having the flu pretty good? Yes, I just re-read it and gave myself an uppercut!

Last edited:

Great show. Uncut Gems is another good performance from Sandler.

Enjoying the Apple TV original, "BlackBird". Just watched episode 4. At the end was a vale to
‘the late Ray Liotta who featured in all four episodes.

I've never watched it but I know it's supposed to be set in Birmingham so the accents shouldn't be cockney

Forgive my ignorance… whatever the accent is, it sticks in your head!

I used to think there was about 3 accents.

- the posh 'prince charles' one
- the cockney one
- and probably something in between

Then I watched a youtube vid where a 'voice' guy (rip) went through something like 50+ different dialects in the UK...!!!

So er... I'd have to claim ignorance as well Ranga. Sorry Uk and other residents from there.

Anyway, don't all aussies sound like Steve Irwin??? lol

In the UK there is a different accent every few miles!! The Brummy (Birmingham) accent is probably the most grating. It is often said that a leyther (someone from Leigh) can't be understood by someone from Wigan. Just for reference, Leigh is part of Wigan. I of course speak proper English until my Mrs who comes from 8 miles away keeps asking me to repeat things because she can't understand me 🤭

In the UK there is a different accent every few miles!! The Brummy (Birmingham) accent is probably the most grating. It is often said that a leyther (someone from Leigh) can't be understood by someone from Wigan. Just for reference, Leigh is part of Wigan. I of course speak proper English until my Mrs who comes from 8 miles away keeps asking me to repeat things because she can't understand me 🤭

Amazing! (Bostin!)

This was the video I watched. By Andrew Jack, dialect coach.

On programs like coronation Street ( not sure if it's still shown in Aus, and I've not watched it since my dear old mum died over 30 years ago) the producers will often get someone to play a 'local' whose accent ranges across the whole of the north of England. To a southerner it sounds like the real deal, to us hardy folk in the north who would only dream of dispensing with the shorts and t shirt once the mercury is freezing it sounds awful. Anyway we've strayed off topic too long. Has anyone watched James May, our man in Italy yet? His series in Japan was great.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4