What's needed to get us to the next level??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I copied this from a Sea Eagles Supporters Facebook group. It is good to know we have outstanding hooker, 19 year old Gordon Chan Kum Tong, coming through, esp. if Manase doesn't return to the NRL

"Gordon Chan Kum Tong was our SG Ball Captain in 2021 & will debut in our 2022 Development Squad. Gordy is a born leader where he has been an inspirational captain since debuting in our Harold Matthews and played in our Harold Matthew's team where we won our first Premiership in 2018 defeating Parramatta 26-18. An outstanding hooker mixed with a prolific try-scoring ability Gordy, is very much old-school tough as and goes hard until full time. Reads plays and numbers expertly with an innate ability to put runners through gaps and nearly always there to back-up. Judges rate him the best young hooker to emerge since Manase Fainu so most probably will start the 2022 season in our Jersey Flegg side. Another outstanding player from our Manly Pathways Academy."

GCKT.jpg

After watching Walker coming of the bench for us last season, I like the instant impact he generates. And it's always good to have an ace up your sleeve when you need a game breaker.
I agree with you feathered friend .

It is also an ace up your sleeve when you have a game breaker in the centres as well .

Now if Garrick and Saab hadn’t been in the top 5 try scorers of the year, I’d completely agree that we need new centres however, if both are going to score over 20 tries in a season, why do we need new centres?
Why do we need new centres

Because of these No Tom No Manly tries facts
NRL Fox Facts
Nobody appreciates the form of Tom Turbo more than Manly’s two wingers in Reuben Garrick and Jason Saab. Despite playing just 11 games, Turbo has put Garrick across the line on nine occasions (and was almost 10 but for a slip from Garrick early last week) and Saab on six occasions. Saab has benefited from more than just Turbo’s try assisting talents - he has 17 tries this season when Turbo has played and just one when he hasn’t!

interesting Discussion Mark. As we are not the Chickens ie meaning periodically dropping an SBW or Cronk or Cheese to immediately lift the playing squads strike power , so not an option for us, we need to work the finer details and work what we have .. the 17th spot should be used to rotate selected talented manly juniors into selective 1st grade experience. It should not unbalance Des game plan as he has a history of leaving player 17 with arse blisters from bench warming. We known who these juniors are ( so does the other clubs) … Des please don’t pick one of these young men , then give them 7 minutes of game time. without game time they will remain as , potential only … if they make mistakes , fine , maybe they will learn what they need to be to truly deliver at NRL level Or maybe they won’t. This depth is our current strength, we should leverage this. It’s also good to demo we give talent real opportunities even if it’s only a few games… it will mean a lot to them and their families. It builds that hard to build , club spirit. lets Not wait till round 23 to eg give Weeks etc a run.

Ps Gordon Chan Kum Tong. This kid was very good this season , ran his team well , sends the ball to the right point , took control , maybe too early but he too needs to be held onto.

Look I know there's another thread about us improving in 2022 but I'm keen to see everyone's views on how and what we need to do to take that next step up to being genuine contenders.

Is it some better players in some positions???

Is it, we'll learn from this year and be better for it in 2022??

Is it, a coaching issue, you know Des being Des???

Is it, purely an attitude thing from the players???

Or something else not mentioned.

There's no doubt we will improve ,if we are at 80% and we improve 10% we get to 88%, but do we need 95% to be a contender and 99% to be Premiers.

Let me know your thoughts.
Not a lot needed tbh Mark, man for man individually we were outstanding. Sure, Lionel tapered of a bit towards the back end of the season, but on the whole, performed above expectations, and kept Suli on the sidelines. Taking the finals as a guide, against the Storm, it was a case of stage fright, we got off on the wrong foot and stayed that way the whole game. Then, big bounce back against an understrength Roosters side, but kudos to us, good teams should always but weak teams to the sword. Then followed up with our diabolical game against Souths, errors a plenty, penalties, and the amount of 6 agains against us was crippling. It was only towards the end with a bit of ball, we were able to show the crowd what we were capable of. If we had our time back again, I'm sure it would of been a different result. What is scary though, is that we will improve on last season efforts and and a spot in the 2022 GF beckons.

We just need an even break with injury luck. If we get that there will be natural improvement in this side due to the continuity of playing together another season. Plus a couple of key young blokes will be better for the experience of getting to this year's finals.
I'm confident we'll again be top 4 and will do better this time in the crunch games at the end. I detect good Manly vibes.

Defense, defense, defense. We were poor defensively this year even against the sh*t teams. We won games by outscoring the opposition. It was basketball and won't win a premiership. So we need defensive resilience drummed into the whole squad this summer. We won premierships on the back of players like Matai, Lyon, Watmough, Brett n Glen Stewart, Kite, King, Ballin who were all great defenders. We have the cattle to out score anyone but until they learn the grind they won't go the final step.

Need to improve the error rate , The team had too many errors in them at crucial times killed the momentum they had in critical games if they can cut them in half the team will improve to that next level
And more pace in the centres I know Parker goes alright but speed can turn that half chance into a try

Defense, defense, defense. We were poor defensively this year even against the sh*t teams. We won games by outscoring the opposition.
Perspective time .....

Defence , Defence Defence wins games

Great defensive teams do win games

But if you are going to open up those great defensive fckers up and score and beat them
You need competent players in attack and not be just a one man attacking threat Tommy team
One man attacking teams become predictable in attack and easy to shut down by the premier defensive teams in the finals

The Moral of Our 2021 Finals Farewell story.....

Manly five-eighth Kieran Foran has admitted his side became too reliant on Tom Trbojevic and believes it was a major reason the club was not ready for the premiership decider.
“That will be something we will look into heading into next year. You can’t be too reliant on one player to pull you out of trouble each week.”

Nothing personal and I wish him all the best to miraculously massively improve in 2022

But Watching Brad Parker in the clear is like watching a fly going up the wall

So underwhelmingly one dimensional , pedestrian and predictable when Parker gets the ball in the clear

A total anti climax

Nothing personal and I wish him all the best to miraculously massively improve in 2022

But Watching Brad Parker in the clear is like watching a fly going up the wall

So underwhelmingly one dimensional , pedestrian and predictable when Parker gets the ball in the clear

A total anti climax
Bit harsh Bozo, Parker scored lots of trys running off Forans nice set up short passes close to the line. Parkers brave and rarely gets stopped close to the line. He's no flyer when out in the open, that's obvious. But if you're defending your line and under the pump, look no further than Parker.

Bit harsh Bozo, Parker scored lots of trys running off Forans nice set up short passes close to the line. Parkers brave and rarely gets stopped close to the line. He's no flyer when out in the open, that's obvious. But if you're defending your line and under the pump, look no further than Parker.
Thats the way you see it feathered friend .
That is your perspective and this is the forum to express it :)

This is my Perspective

The Manly starting 13 grand final contenders 2021
HOUSTON WE HAVE A PROBLEM !

2019_Trbojevic_Wings_Sea_Eagles_Turbo_UNframed_1024x1024.jpg

Thats the way you see it feathered friend .
That is your perspective and this is the forum to express it :)

This is my Perspective

The Manly starting 13 grand final contenders 2021
HOUSTON WE HAVE A PROBLEM !

2019_Trbojevic_Wings_Sea_Eagles_Turbo_UNframed_1024x1024.jpg
ha! ha!...you have a quirky sense of humour Bozo..

Manly could have poached isaiah papali'i and Cambell Gillard and the pack would be much better against top 4 sides. But that boat has sailed.

We need consistency without any injuries. One position we need to cover is a Jamie Lyon type centre. Imagine how many more tries he could set up Saab with, having said that there's not many centres of that quality around these days plus we might not have the cap space either.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4