What would you do to fix this Country!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The old, let's make out were smarter than this imbo to hide the fact he's right trick. :lol:

we're. bimbo. No need for the comma after the old. At least you got the he's right.

And what were you right about byso? Supporting a short sighted, lying, poll dirven monster? I don't think so somehow!

Isn't it funny when the when the jet black pot calls the shiny silver kettle with one small black speck on it black?

I feel sorry for you Byso in some ways, everyone against you, but the fact remains that Howard sucks arse.

Don't feel sorry for me I’m a Manly supporter I’ve got skin thicker than an OX.

But I must add that’s a very intelligent addition to the discussion :wink:

There’s a lot of sour grapes here buddy, I’m just here to help.

I think Mata and CW had Latham placards on there front lawns so i can imagine that the truth hurts about Latham being the Joke of Australian Politics atm. :p

A Latham placard where I live would have had me sacked.!

Time we moved away from personalities and talked policy and philosophy - which is the real problem!

Byso

The thing bout the states and the federal governtment is that the state collects the tax revenue (the cash), hands it to the federal government, who then divides it up and dictates what the state is to spend it on.
SO... NSW govt collects the money, the federal gets it and says point blank to the NSW govt to go spend it on private schools rather than fund good public schools. That is why the federal labor government can campaign on health and education issues. They have the ultimate say. Actually, it is quite disturbing that private schools get more funding than public.
What the federal governtment can actually legislate on is all under s51 of the Constitution. It makes for good reading. What is rather scary is that now that full list (and anything the states have given up powers to) is under FULL control of ONE side of government. We will no longer have a balanced view. The liberals can do whatever they like. In fact, one of their first acts will be to ban gay marriages all together, denying a section of the community a very basic human right. Hmmm, the UN won't be impressed I can tell you. They also will not sign the Kyoto Protocol - making sure that they will pump out innumerable greenhouse gases for many years to come. Which is rather silly cause we don't actually need to.
Anyways, they will also completely deregualte the university system. This will allow the university to set their own fees (Sydney has already gone up 30%). Also, it will allow the universities to bring in more overseas students, who pay upfront, denying places for the less rich Australians who cannot pay 20 grand per year up front. There is now a limit on years for HECS then you have to pay. It is now 7 years only! We will run out of professors rather quickly.
A strong and smart country has a good education system. We will not have that for long. Which is unfortunate cause you need innovation to stay ahead and maintain a good economic profile.
Libs really have no idea on how to invest for the future.
Also under the libs, the house prices have been at their highest. And don't blame the NSW Labor for that. Yes, they have not released too much land... but it takes alot of resources to develop the amenities for the people living there. Not only that, how much can Sydney support? We are already running out of water... what next? And the drought is no-ones fault... oh hang on, yep it is! The change in weather is caused by the greenhouse gases... hmmmm... maybe we should be looking at the Kyoto Protocol. Which, incidently (although Labor government signed many other UN conventions on greenhouse gases) was introduced at the time of a Liberal government and they will not even think about ratifying it. Pity us.
Oh, and the government really doesn't have any control over interest rates. Mainly, its to do with the rest of the world... how we play against them. And the public debt. Which is too huge to carry on.

Now NSW govt...
They really do not have much power. They are working withing a system dictated by the federal government.
They are having to fix alot of systems that were faulty when they were made (by libs).
Also, NSW pays alot of money to the federal government and gets a fraction of it back. We pay more then any other state. Yes, we have more people... but that means we need more money to maintain and update services.
We haven't got the money.
The NSW Libs have no chance on delivering any better than Labor. There are no resources. Also I wouldn't trust Brogden as far as I could throw him. The man is a failed primary teacher. He is as corrupt as they come. I mean, he was 'advising' a company of lawyers a couple of years ago. What on earth does he know about law???? he was a TEACHER. Idiot.
And teachers? Well, their income does not rise with inflation. I know teachers with four degrees each. They are bloody good. Now we get teachers with a degree in arts (pass average) and a 1 year diploma in teaching. Mainly cause the money is no good. So I don't blame them for striking. So, less money, worse teachers. And where does the money for teachers come from? The federal government.

Oh, and the government really doesn't have any control over interest rates.  Mainly, its to do with the rest of the world... how we play against them. And the public debt. Which is too huge to carry on.

Now NSW govt...
They really do not have much power. They are working withing a system dictated by the federal government.  
They are having to fix alot of systems that were faulty when they were made (by libs).
Also, NSW pays alot of money to the federal government and gets a fraction of it back. We pay more then any other state. Yes, we have more people... but that means we need more money to maintain and update services.
We haven't got the money.
The NSW Libs have no chance on delivering any better than Labor. There are no resources. Also I wouldn't trust Brogden as far as I could throw him. The man is a failed primary teacher. He is as corrupt as they come. I mean, he was 'advising' a company of lawyers a couple of years ago. What on earth does he know about law???? he was a TEACHER. Idiot.
And teachers? Well, their income does not rise with inflation. I know teachers with four degrees each. They are bloody good. Now we get teachers with a degree in arts (pass average) and a 1 year diploma in teaching. Mainly cause the money is no good. So I don't blame them for striking. So, less money, worse teachers. And where does the money for teachers come from? The federal government.
Take that Byso. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Outstanding stuff Fluff.

Flufster

That's a very good attempt at trying to enlighten me. But I also noticed a little bit of bias. Still some arguments that could seem convincing.

I agree with your view's on University education. It does seem more expensive to go to uni.

Interest rates, I don't agree that the Federal gov't has nothing to do with it but I do wish they would try to regulate credit card rates.

Teachers pay, over the last 6 years they have had very large increases. Deserving or not is not the point they have an unfair advantage over all industries in getting these large increases….that's my beef.

Also it's not a recent thing that some teachers have been numb sculls. I can remember quite a few older teachers which were plain stupid. There will always be good and bad, also those who can relate and teach. Those who simply shouldn't. Problem is the Teachers union make it too hard for these teachers to be weeded out.

A very good try all the same.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6