What would happen in the NRL?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Who

Journey Man
Sad news that an English premier league soccer player collapsed on the field with a heart attack and was taken to hospital in a bad way. The match was called off. I imagine his teammates were too upset to continue.

Do you think, in similar tragic circumstances, they would call off a NRL match? Are there any regulations covering such an event? Would they replay the match or split the points?

I know such an event is much more important than a football match, but my mind went back to Wolfie being carried off with suspected spinal injuries, and there was no suggestion that the match would be called off.

The Who said:
Sad news that an English premier league soccer player collapsed on the field with a heart attack and was taken to hospital in a bad way. The match was called off. I imagine his teammates were too upset to continue.

Do you think, in similar tragic circumstances, they would call off a NRL match? Are there any regulations covering such an event? Would they replay the match or split the points?

I know such an event is much more important than a football match, but my mind went back to Wolfie being carried off with suspected spinal injuries, and there was no suggestion that the match would be called off.

ask channel 9, it would be their call

The player in question was not breathing for almost 10 minutes

Wolfie was serious but no where as serious as someone collapsing and nt breathing

You would think they have to cancel the game

From seeing how the players reacted, I think the right decision was made on Sat night. They have even postponed the Bolton EPL match due for Tuesday due to the mental state of the team.

It was a shame, hopefully this lifts the Bolton guys to go all the way and win the FA Cup.

Its happened at junior level in Union a couple of times.

I actually met someone once who tackled a player at high school and the boy died. This person never got over it, even though it was a congenital heart condition that was undiagnosed in the teenager.

Just goes to show - live life to the fullest, because you don't the when the fulltime whistle will blow :angel:

Very touching to see the impact on all of the Supporters at the soccer match - they all felt the poignancy of the moment.

It’s not the first time that it has happened in the EPL and some of the other major European Football Leagues. Not a nice thing to see and hopefully we have as equally great medical response at all our grounds.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6