What will turn Manly from a good side into a great side

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
The team has points and the only things that can hold this team back from the next level is defence and being more mentally strong 🦅🦅
Certainly defence but I do think they are demonstrating they are more mentally stronger than recent years. Altho, it's all relative. I do think we need a quality back rower to compliment Guac and a quality centre to compliment Koula. Rubes is still the best winger (all round game) at the club.

Would we win either game if DCE was not playing?
Not a chance.
Congratulations on working out that if you remove any teams first choice starting half from a game they win, it probably is less likely to be a winning performance without them.

Or you could say Manly have two of the highest paid attacking players in the game and yet many games our attack looks inconsistent and lacking a composed clinical nature about it of a quality in keeping with the financial investment in this area of the game.

Sure a double pump that draws Sivo in on the short side looks good, could of been planned on video and should be admired and applauded, conversely i see DCE throw many low quality high risk uncomposed short side balls that commentators don't take aim at, yet one great pass holds the commentators attention for the next 10yrs.

DCE's performances from a fitness and effort standpoint i will always admire even more so now at his playing age, an absolute professional in being in shape and looking after himself but for the amount of all round talent he possesses(and i rate him extremely highly in this regard) he makes too many poor rushed decisions and all or nothing plays devoid of composed class.

I have said many times over the last few years that DCE's best performances will be his latter years as he slows down a little and is surrounded with more ballplaying options. Manly will get better value now than we have in the past as evident of last years display which showed some of his biggest growth as a half.(when this should of been evident a decade ago.)

DCE and Tom are on money that should be bringing out the qualities in others and making them stars also in the same way the Melb stars made names of unknowns, Parra stars of the past, Raiders stars of the past, Broncos stars of the past, Penrith stars of the past and present, we haven't seen that kind of impact from our highly paid attacking leaders so that tells me not enough thought in the right areas of the game are being pushed and developed.

I want to see consistent composed quality and impact we can rely on in keeping with their standing and payment in the game, when that happens Manly become a dominant consistent top tier team, not this fluctuating flat deck looking good outfit we have seen for the last 5-7yrs.

Well said Tech C.

You wouldn't trade DCE for anyone. I just know as good as he is, he could have even better. Which when your a Qld Captain is still saying something.

His game just seemed unwilling to grow and learn at different stages of his footy. I don't know if that's a lack of coaching at Man, or lack of man management by a brave coach at Man.

Barrett era kicking game. Was just Yuck. Regressed.

Yet took just one origin camp to bring back the spiral bomb that was almost never seen after 2011. Than magically expanded to the inside spiral at same time as well.

I still wish he would've accepted the goal kicking duties. It would've helped his game more broadly.

If there is just one one thing I'd still love to see our Turtle show us before he hangs up the boots. It's that composure.

If the penny ever does click with our headless chook at the gate, wouldn't it be a sight for sore eyes if he ever can possess that footballing ability to make time stand still.

Last edited:
Well said Tech C.

You wouldn't trade DCE for anyone. I just know as good as he is, he could have even better. Which when your a Qld Captain is still saying something.

His game just seemed unwilling to grow and learn at different stages of his footy. I don't know if that's a lack of coaching at Man, or lack of man management by a brave coach at Man.

Barrett era kicking game. Was just Yuck. Regressed.

Yet took just one origin camp to bring back the spiral bomb that was almost never seen after 2011. Than magically expanded to the inside spiral at same time as well.

I still wish he would've accepted the goal kicking duties. It would've helped his game more broadly.

If there is just one one thing I'd still love to see our Turtle show us before he hangs up the boots. It's that composure.

If the penny ever does click with our headless chook at the gate, wouldn't it be a sight for sore eyes if he ever can possess that footballing ability to make time stand still.

Will be a sad day when DCE retires. But I suspect he'll be back as a coach before the end of the decade.

Will be a sad day when DCE retires. But I suspect he'll be back as a coach before the end of the decade.
I'd love DCE to be our head coach eventually but I see him taking a media gig and doing part time halves consultancy.

He'd have to really want it to take on the pressure of coaching when he could earn more, have more security and better work/life balance elsewhere.

I'd be happy to see him in commentary with a blatant Manly bias. Kinda like an articulate Fatty.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8