What will be a good season

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Far too early to make predictions, this would be a great question In say 4-5 weeks time.

As someone else said today on another thread , we will probably not face a side as pumped up as the Eels were until and if we make the finals .

I predicted last week that the score was going to be 36-4 to the Squeals, I wasn't joking, and not because I thought we'd be shyte but simply because of the hype surrounding the game.

Don't be surprised to see the Squeals lose this weekend and us win.

I'm convinced that a big part of this game is the mental state the team is in.

Funnily enough the $CE announcement , now it's done, might have a positive side.

I think winning 50% of our games would constitute a successful season
If a team drew every week and picked up the two points for the byes they would finish top 8 probably 7th because so many other teams would finish on less wins.

The part about Slothfield getting sacked would be a great season Loobs....Top 8 after that.

Same as always. Top 4 finish.
We can't be successful all the time but nothing less than top 4 is a successful year, by Manly standards.
Will we achieve that this year? I'll watch with interest.

I think it's degrees of success. To me

The first step: Top 8. I think unless you make the top 8 the season should be considered a failure for a club like ours. Other clubs I agree that a spoon means the next year just to be in contention for the 8, and finishing 10th is a successful season.
I always tick off us getting to 28 points (generally that gets us a Top 8 birth).
The second step: Top 4. Getting that second chance is gold.
The third: Making it through to week 2...
etc etc.
Premiers.

I just hope we don't get the spoon. I think Foz / Cherry have been playing ordinarily of late, and their off field issues have stuffed the rest of the squad.

If Kelly can sort a Cherry / Elgey swap, and Foran re-signs we can once again focus and settle in for a run.

I wouldn't even mind Kelly screwing the media by extending Tooves for another 24 months.

Then, I acquire both JWH and Burgess, and right now, so Manly is still proven to be an attractive place to be.

I focus with management and the community with Brooky Oval.

I stir up trouble between Manly / Annersley / Greenburg. This conflict of interest still grinds at me. The clubs in the NBA and NHL raised this conflict when a similar thing happened.

Anyways, those things would make me a happy camper.

I think that we will see a reaction on Sat night. From what I saw of the drizzle last night, they were solid but rarely did the dragqueens threaten them. The team needs a big performance to sweep away the serial negativity of the last 6 months or so.

Up until half time i thought we were honestly going to win the game. We looked like a better balanced team that needed to click and we'd run away with the game.

I honestly think we'll make the finals again this year despite whatever is going on within the ranks. The guys just need some time on the park together and things will get better.

We are all over reacting far to much considering the following players were missing:

Starling
Tafua
Matai
Buhrer

The following are new players to the first grade team:

Mason
Mateo
Burgess
Leary

The following players were not regulars last season:

Cheyse Blair
Clint Gutherson

And the following players were injured and could not take part in sections of the game:

Kieran Foran
Clint Gutherson

Chill out people. We showed some good stuff in the first half given the above situation.
Totally agree. One bad half and its spoon.

We still have two great halves, and players to return. Matai was really missing.

Having said that it might take some time to get the rhythm happening and so top 8 with a bullet. As opposed to top 2 with a lead weight as was last year.

I think that we will see a reaction on Sat night. From what I saw of the drizzle last night, they were solid but rarely did the dragqueens threaten them. The team needs a big performance to sweep away the serial negativity of the last 6 months or so.
Wish we played saints 1st up

So i have reassessed, beat the Titans and avoid the spoon and ill be ok with this year now.

Lol@Brooke so I am a troll, only supported the club for 40 years, cheers pal

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7