What went wrong!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
We would have lost by 30 if Suli didn’t play, not sure how anyone can blame him

For mine a lot of the blame has to go to DCE, his decision making and composure was just way off (and often is) and he forces way too many errors which good teams like Souffs are going to punish us for. Just look at Adam Reynolds playing on one leg playing error free footy and steering the ship around for them. It’a a shame that many are saying we lacked finals experience but it was actually our most experienced coming up with the most costly plays.

Maybe we would have won if our supporters gave more Faith, maybe the critismns on these players on this site brought us to our knees tonight, maybe the football gods weren't on our side, maybe the refereeing did not want us to us to win....maybe we didn't play good enough.

People ...don't focus on the bad! we had a great season, Yes we could have played better tonight, but every player there tonight has a scar they wll want to remove next season.

So let us all say Thanks for could have been a wooden spoon, but delivered hope for the future. People we ended one game short of a grand final....Souths have done that 3 years in a row.

So I say thank you to the team, the players, the support team. You have given us hope!

Last edited:
Did Hasler coach that performance…

Total dribble from the bloke who needs a haircut.

If you can’t present yourself in a professional manner off the field how do you expect your players to do it on the field.

Get a grip on and of the paddock Des.
He needs to get rid of those sideburns

We would have lost by 30 if Suli didn’t play, not sure how anyone can blame him

For mine a lot of the blame has to go to DCE, his decision making and composure was just way off (and often is) and he forces way too many errors which good teams like Souffs are going to punish us for. Just look at Adam Reynolds playing on one leg playing error free footy and steering the ship around for them. It’a a shame that many are saying we lacked finals experience but it was actually our most experienced coming up with the most costly plays.
DCE didn’t have his best game, that is fair. I think he tired too hard and nothing worked. Special mention to Foz for his tackling, particularly in the first half.

Last edited:
I know the loss stings, but realistically, that is where manly is at. A good team, but not a top team, ala eels. As has been shown by the eels, the real test starts next year. Are we a top 4 team making up the numbers (aka eels level)? Or do we want to go for the premiership (aka panthers/storm level)?

How about we say what went right with this year? I doubt a single one of us after round 4 would of said "know what? I reckon manly will become one of the most entertaining sides of the year. They will make top 4 and come 1 win short of the grand final. I'm really gonna enjoy watching them play". No one would of thought that.

They did a fantastic job and got shown they need a bit more experience to get to next level, that takes time.

Maybe we would have won if our supporters gave more Faith, maybe the critismns on these players on this site brought us to our knees tonight, maybe the football gods weren't on our side, maybe the refereeing did not want us to us to win....maybe we didn't play good enough.

People ...don't focus on the bad! we had a great season, Yes we could have played better tonight, but every player there tonight has a scar they wll want to remove next season.

So let us all say Thanks for could have been a wooden spoon, but delivered hope for the future. Prople we ended one game short of a grand final....Souths have done that 3 years in a row.

So I say thank you to the team, the player, the support team. You have given us hope!
Would you like to buy one of my lucky rainbow unicorns.

He needs to get rid of those sideburns

OrnateGenerousHart-mobile.jpg

What went wrong in my book is we did not learn the lessons from final 1.

Terrible start again, disrespecting the ball, losing Keppie really hurt us. Not taking our chances and we bombed one certain try and unlucky to have another one taken off us.

We were on the wrong foot all night and Souths exploited our weaknesses with Manly losing 3 tries from kicks and conceding tries directly from turnovers.

Painful lesson learned last night and hopefully will show the team what level they need to achieve to gain success!

Not any 1 play
The resilience to turn away the poor calls, dropped balls, missed opportunities
Shows we are a year or 2 away
That is footy - resilience.....winning Manly teams of the past would overcome adversity and that is what builds a winning attitude and a Winning footy side
I've enjoyed most of 2021's efforts, but deep down was unsure and sadly....tonight showed the hard fact we are short of being a legitimate Challenger

So let us all say Thanks for could have been a wooden spoon, but delivered hope for the future. People we ended one game short of a grand final....Souths have done that 3 years in a row.

So I say thank you to the team, the players, the support team. You have given us hope!
I agree with the overall optimism of this post. That said, where was the scar from two weeks ago? If there is no motivating scar from that Storm performance I am reluctant to believe in the cliche we will come back stronger next year. I think we have a captain who cannot hold composure consistently enough in big games, and that has a huge impact on a young inexperienced team coming through.

DCE didn’t have his best game, that is fair. I think he tired too hard and nothing worked. Special mention to Foz for his tackling, particularly in the first half.
Wish I had a dollar for every time that has been said about DCE over his career.

Interestingly, when other players do that same thing they are called out as krap.

Last edited:
Discipline and Patience.

We got over the line pretty easily against them. But we had limited opportunities because we didn't give ourselves the chance coz of no disciple, no patience, and lack of building pressure. We can't beat the top teams if we don't learn how to not beat ourselves.

All seems to be a product of us having a young and inexperienced group of boys that are so talented and have so much potential. We are building something special Manly fans, trust me

Discipline and Patience.

We got over the line pretty easily against them. But we had limited opportunities because we didn't give ourselves the chance coz of no disciple, no patience, and lack of building pressure. We can't beat the top teams if we don't learn how to not beat ourselves.

All seems to be a product of us having a young and inexperienced group of boys that are so talented and have so much potential. We are building something special Manly fans, trust me
nearly 60-40 possession against us, and against Souths that is making it to easy for them. We'll learn from this, and look forward to next year.

And, hopefully, next year, we go all the way.

P.S. Don't change the rules.

Errors, errors, errors

The idiot Suli running into Reynolds to give a 12 point turn around early in the first half was the turning point.

Bye bye Suli.
Really?

I seem to recall 1,000 of those plays being called all year - and its a bull**** rule

To blame this loss on Suli is a joke and an escape from you to push the blame onto someone who is probably leaving next year as a way out.

to be fair id rather go out this week , then get smashed next week. Storm would of had a field day with us. Seems that the boys would of been a little battered if they headed in next week. we have a young team they will be better for the run ..Hopefully we now have stability in structures, they will come back.. Still cant believe the first try was dissalowed

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6