What makes Turbo so special?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Great video, very interesting to see that passage where he tried to create an overlap on the right then crossed over to create one on the left on the very next play.

Turbo constantly sniffs around the ruck, ready to back up any line breaks made, much like Papenhuyzen & Tedesco.

The difference between Turbo, Paps & Teddy & the rest of the fullbacks in the NRL is daylight.

Turbo is an attacking player with an attacking mindset. Every time he touches the ball he is looking to advance the game. Bust a tackle, panic defenders, promote the ball to a player in an opoortunistic position given to that player because tommy committs defenders and normally more than 1. He puts his body on the line to make things happen.

He is essentially an oversized halfback that plays at the back . This is why he makes DCE look better because DCE rarely does any of those things but is good at backing them up.

He gets out team moving in the right direction where manly has been guilty of too much sideways attack, resulting in being easy targets

Forwards punching through, with quick play the balls
Good kicking games
Players committing defence to promote attacking raids

These are the ways. With turbo and the forwards going well we tick two of the boxes. The odd 40/20 looks good, but we need an overall better kicking game to be unstopppable and also to preserve tommys health a little. Brains not braun would be a welcome addition

The best factor in Turbo's game is a Super competitive nature....this is shown where he will make a trysaver the left side of the field, yet be across in cover the following play to bat the ball dead or take a flying winger into touch on the opposite side of the fiel and he cares....he hates losing, many confuse Turbo's kind nature as maybe on the softer side as a player, but this bloke bleeds, Winning , football and Manly in no particular order....also in attack it's not just the threat and line breaks, but he will continually run a V behind the ruck to bend the line and scatter the defensive line, he doesn't care about just the personal glory play...but will run those hard crashballs to bend the line and setup that next play, it's whatever is needed to win for the team, not just himself.
I think his number 2 attribute is vision and timing.
The best FB's are very busy, making constant effort plays off the ball to support, but certain player like B Slater are off the charts in relation to timing....Turbo also has this rare gift that can't be learned at training - it's a born attribute.
The other strength's such as speed, power, skill are up with the best....but there are many players who can share these abilities.....but it's the Competitive nature, vision and injection into the game at precise moments that separate Tom T imo.

Funny enough I’ve thought about your question quite a bit, more because I wonder and wait to see what tactics opposition coaches might employ, it’s openly spoken about how we go with Tom and without, it worries me as it’s obvious opposition coaches and teams will be looking for any opportunities to get at and or reduce Toms game, as I said I’ve thought about your question quite a bit and I have a few thoughts ( thing is I’m having trouble writing this because I’m thinking I’d hate to put something out there and then see it used against him) probably best if I keep my thoughts away from here just in case, we all know the opposition are going to be trying to find their own way to do it anyway, so good luck to them, plus the more they concentrate on Tom the more dangerous and the greater the opportunities for the rest of our boys. Let just say good luck to them because they’ll need it, our Tommy is, to big, to strong, to fast, to smart, to good a footy player for all of them. It’s a big call, but I think our Tom has the potential to be the best player to have ever pulled on the maroon and white.
Some coach will employ a tactic to take him out. Similar to John Kreese in Karate Kid!

Bellamy: “take out the leg”
Papenhuyzan “what coach?”
Bellamy: “you heard me take out the leg, you have a problem with that!”

Some coach will employ a tactic to take him out. Similar to John Kreese in Karate Kid!

dd.jpeg
Hasler taking out Bellamy.

I always thought that movie was weird, with all of the Karate Boys calling John Kreese "sexy". "Yes, Sexy !", "No, Sexy !".

Before anyone jumps on me, about this, I already know the answer @:)

Papenhuyzan: I do coach, I’m better than that
Bellamy: well your probably right son go and win us the game then
Paps: will do coach

Now I am not a great fan of Seibold but this analysis is pretty good. He makes some great points about how Tom changes our attacking dynamic. The early part is really good about how Jake's game suffers when Turbo or the fullback isn't creating diversions on the inside and constantly pushing up around the ball. Then moves onto the very same issues with DCE's game when that support isn't around him. Things that Walker would not have been doing or at least doing virtually every tackle. Interesting viewing.

What makes Turbo so special

Now I am not a great fan of Seibold but this analysis is pretty good. He makes some great points about how Tom changes our attacking dynamic. The early part is really good about how Jake's game suffers when Turbo or the fullback isn't creating diversions on the inside and constantly pushing up around the ball. Then moves onto the very same issues with DCE's game when that support isn't around him. Things that Walker would not have been doing or at least doing virtually every tackle. Interesting viewing.

Some coaches are Analytical like Seibold and others are popular with the players like Trent etc etc etc

At the end of the day unless a coach is capable of lifting his payers to give 110% for a full 80 minutes and win on the day all the other attributes stand for nothing

A coach needs to be a Master Motivator and inspire his Gladiators to be ruthless and brutal on the field and all that matters is that after the full time siren sounds they walk with their heads up high as winners and face their proud supporters cheering for their heroes on the field and also instill in each player the humiliation of losing a game and having to shake their opponents hands and submitting to them

Unless players start learning to hate losing more than anything else in life
They will never be able to exert enough energy , passion and resilience from within them selves To over come their opponent

Losing is not just about the two points
Losing is all about losing your self worth and dignity and the honour that only winners are worthy of

The fact is
No one celebrates a loser

This on NRL.com?

Edited: Nevermind. Found it.

I found Seibold's analysis insightful. His future lies in this form of 'whiteboard coaching' rather than in the more traditional motivational methods.
I agree . We all have our abilities and capabilities and so does Seibold

The fact is . A coach many not have the most competitive NRL team but that is not excuse for NRL standard teams getting flogged every week like Seibolds Broncos were because a coach who is capable of lifting his players lifts them to a competitive level so they compete and not get thrashed .They may lose but they compete and fight with resilience until the end.

I found Seibold's analysis insightful. His future lies in this form of 'whiteboard coaching' rather than in the more traditional motivational methods.
Probably, but I think he didn’t know what he was getting into at the broncos! White anting, poor player mix, political nightmare. And those awful faun jackets.

Probably, but I think he didn’t know what he was getting into at the broncos! White anting, poor player mix, political nightmare. And those awful faun jackets.
oh yes - he is not a good game planner, man manager or manager of club hierarchy/expectations. Also not good at identifying the talent he had and didn't have. But he sounds good in analysing a game.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11