What if.....?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

NYEagle

Bencher
I have two glasses of plonk on board to bring up the courage to say this, so bear with me...

What if Manly's 1-5 start is all our bad luck for the year?

What if we beat the bulldogs this week (a very winnable game even with our weakened squad given their weakend squad), and then snatch two out of three of Melbourne away, and home games against the Knights (phonies) and Panthers (sans Idris and a real referee) then were are then 4-6 (not that bad probably one or two games out of the eight) going into origin. During origin we take on the Cowboys (away) and Broncos (at home) during the energy sapping origin period where all the Souffs, Roosters, Broncos and NQld players will be filling the origin squads so they tire themselves and generate injuries in their squads.

What if, meanwhile ,trotting back in are B Stewart, Killer, Matai into the squad giving us the "best backline in the NRL of 2013 and 2014) all together again?. Throw in Mateos impact and Tom T as a backup - maybe thats a hot attacking squad?

What if Ligo Sao and Jake T develop further, and Starling comes back we have a little starch again in the pack and start holding the opposition?.

What if after origin starting at 5-7 we go on a bit of run?. We have 7 of 12 at Brookvale and our away games include Sharks, Gold Coast, Raiders, Rabbits, and Warriors.

What if we look outside the doom and gloom and spoon odds (the scale of which I just can't believe to be as bad as people are saying), and that maybe this is just a screen and there actually beats a heart under these Sea Eagles in 2015. It makes the $3.75 to make the eight look very very tasty.

What if I am temporarily delusional and should spend more than $10.00 on a bottle of Shiraz?. LOL

NYEagle

Last edited:
Wolf Blass Captains Release Limited Edition 2013 Shiraz
$20.00 for two. Tastes nice, I'll know tomorrow about the quality.

It says on the back "Wolf Blass Captains Release Limited Edition Shiraz is soft, full of flavour, and the perfect drop for cheering your cricket team to victory"

I mean they did win......

Nice post NY Eagle. It's absolutely not over. Tooves and killer need to get the boys really focused this week and not to lost their confidence as there is everything to play for. As we all know confidence is such a massive difference in sport.

As we have seen this season there is not much difference between the top and bottom teams. The dogs, storm, bunnies, roosters have all had some bad games

In theory what you say is great but I think the reality is that even if we get everyone fit, is this team actually together? from what I have seen that is not the case. It stoppped being that when our halves did the dirty on the club with their negotiations and the togetherness which was our best strength has gone. It will come back and I see this season as putting in the players who can build that. I think realistically we will win 8-10 games this year.

Tooves Chardonnay, clean palette, sweet moves, fast backs, solid forward's, nice finish! Top 8

As we have seen this season there is not much difference between the top and bottom teams. The dogs, storm, bunnies, roosters have all had some bad games

Unfortunately right now there's a hell of a difference between the top and bottom teams and the VERY bottom team - us. We are struggling to even get a team on the park every week, let alone a competitive one. But yeah, that doesn't mean we'll struggle all year and it's amazing what can happen if you string a few wins together. I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope something (… anything, as Todd Rundgren might say) goes our way but will keep supporting our team regardless.

I love the optimism of this post.

If the attitude of the squad is right, even with injuries we could easily make the 8. But that's the big 'if' at the moment. The attitude and mental state of the players. And the big issue I see is that you can't just turn it on at a moments notice.

Losing and winning is a habit as much as anything. In the years we won comps (08 and 11) there were games we just had no right to win, but we just hung in and found a way. Sometimes it would be miracle last ditch plays (ie against the Sharks when Killer chipped for Oldfield) or sometimes even game where the opposition kicker (normally a good kicker) would have an off day. I remember a game against the Broncs where Corey Parker had a shocker and it meant we won even though we scored 1 less try.

I put $5 on for the 8, for the finals and for the Premiers - as everything is possible @:cool:

100% certainty that any movement by Manly on the NRL Ladder will be Up:inlove:

Join Ladbrokes, they will match your first bet. Manly are paying $5 to make the 8. We are only two wins out side the 8 now.

I have two glasses of plonk on board to bring up the courage to say this, so bear with me...

What if Manly's 1-5 start is all our bad luck for the year?

What if we beat the bulldogs this week (a very winnable game even with our weakened squad given their weakend squad), and then snatch two out of three of Melbourne away, and home games against the Knights (phonies) and Panthers (sans Idris and a real referee) then were are then 4-6 (not that bad probably one or two games out of the eight) going into origin. During origin we take on the Cowboys (away) and Broncos (at home) during the energy sapping origin period where all the Souffs, Roosters, Broncos and NQld players will be filling the origin squads so they tire themselves and generate injuries in their squads.

What if, meanwhile ,trotting back in are B Stewart, Killer, Matai into the squad giving us the "best backline in the NRL of 2013 and 2014) all together again?. Throw in Mateos impact and Tom T as a backup - maybe thats a hot attacking squad?

What if Ligo Sao and Jake T develop further, and Starling comes back we have a little starch again in the pack and start holding the opposition?.

What if after origin starting at 5-7 we go on a bit of run?. We have 7 of 12 at Brookvale and our away games include Sharks, Gold Coast, Raiders, Rabbits, and Warriors.

What if we look outside the doom and gloom and spoon odds (the scale of which I just can't believe to be as bad as people are saying), and that maybe this is just a screen and there actually beats a heart under these Sea Eagles in 2015. It makes the $3.75 to make the eight look very very tasty.

What if I am temporarily delusional and should spend more than $10.00 on a bottle of Shiraz?. LOL

NYEagle
Half a dozen xxxx golds and I'm thinking like you .lol

If we can get our players back their skill will help a lot.

In the next few weeks we should see Lyon, Mateo and Starling return.

No chance of the spoon. We will win a few in the second half of the season but with all the injuries and the crap going on with players leaving we will struggle to get out of the bottom 4. I like the optimism though. Also impressed with Brad who has started on the beers so early. Go son. Enjoy.

Don't forget how fat and slow a lot of our guys are looking

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7