What does this mean for Brookie?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Who says you'd get 25 K at the SFS for a Melbourne v us game? We played the Cows there in a semi and got about 15K. Brookvale is OK. Just redevelop the corporates if that will do. I don't mind standing.

How much will less the sponsors pay for advertising at Brookie is we only play a few games there a year?

How much more will council need to charge in order to meet the higher fixed costs to games ratio?

How much less will the club make from fans who only want the brookie only membership?

Fluffy said:
How much will less the sponsors pay for advertising at Brookie is we only play a few games there a year?

Probably less but how much more would the club stand to gain from shifting the games to venues with a larger capacity to accommodate corporate's?

How much more will council need to charge in order to meet the higher fixed costs to games ratio?

Manly won't play there if the council wants to get all shirty. They've stated this in the past.

How much less will the club make from fans who only want the brookie only membership?

If we move the club will have to change the membership types and wear the consequences.
Sometimes things have to be done for the greater good.
Let's not get carried away yet. The funding should come through and everything will be ok.

Everyone should remember that neither Quayle or Annesley are employees of the NRL. They are outsiders putting forward a 'match of the day' concept with the possibility of reducing the number of Sydney venues used. What works for Melbourne won't necessarily work in the Harbour City.

Haven't heard any reaction from John Grant or David Gallop.

Pragmatism is good but on this topic I prefer to think of it this way.

Brookie is a community assett, serving the local community through a local, and very successful, sporting club in a national competition. Its community based, so deserves the funding despite the politics of governments or even the sports governing body.

As an out of state supporter, even if I knew I would never again have the opportunity to get back to Brookvale to see us play, I remain unsupportive of a move away from what is the only real home for the Manly club.

At the end of the day, all the tax money that goes round in circles via the various levels of government, it is after all supposed to be about returning it to the "community"

Cambo said:
I think the 2 stadiums works for all Sydney teams except manly

1 that 18km (approx) steach of road from brookvale to the city is one of the slowest in Sydney
2 as stated several times public transport to both stadiums is crap.

Brookvale needs to upgraded to a similar standard as gosford that's the bottom line.

Doesn't really work for Cronulla or Penrith either mate. Public transport in Sydney is crap everywhere.

WAMF said:
I want to see Abbott fulfil his promise of $20mil when we sweep him in to power at the next election and see Brookvale oval receive a total makeover, befitting of a champion team like Manly.

He better stick to his promise.

:lol:

Tell that to Roger bannister.

DSM5 said:
Who says you'd get 25 K at the SFS for a Melbourne v us game? We played the Cows there in a semi and got about 15K. Brookvale is OK. Just redevelop the corporates if that will do. I don't mind standing.

Brookie does best for crowds for manly. Monday night over 14k people, about 100 of whom were from penrith. It would have been a 20k figure on Friday or Saturday night. Sunday arvo a sellout.

Why don't we just wait for an articulated lorry full of cash and everything we we will ever need to coming crashing through the front door and then build our own stadium?

bones said:
Why don't we just wait for an articulated lorry full of cash and everything we we will ever need to coming crashing through the front door and then build our own stadium?

Because the Melbourne Storm showed the way by simply holding the back door open instead ?

Proof it won't work:

- Cowboys vs Manly, SFS, first semi Final last year.

- All away games throughout the season

These grounds have facilities but we get only 1000 fans to a Roosters or Souths game, we get probably 5000 to a HOME game at Gosford, not to mention on a night when we had the transport system we have on a daily basis, we had 13,000 AT A FINALS GAMES!!!!

On a Friday or Monday I have to get the afternoon off just to get to the games. This would be a consistent thing for me, losing me as a ticket holding member of the club.

Looking at who is calling for this, you need to see their agendas:

Roy Masters - hates us, wouldn't care if we died, and he probably couldn't care less about Cronulla either.

Shane Richardson (Souths) - won't be affected because their fans a) already travel to Homebush, b) don't have jobs anyway so they can travel out there any day, any time and c) have trains running from Redfern straight to Homebush....we don't have any of these.

The majority of fans DON'T want this. Look at what Brookie was like on Monday night? It looked packed and the atmosphere was great. You don't get that in a normal season at SFS, or ANZ.

Another thing, as mentioned by Brookie4Eva and DSM5, our fans don't travel to away games now, they won't travel for the home games either. It would be the death of the club.

I am not denying your loyalty to this club WAMF. However, your opinion in the Manly fans support here in Sydney is very much in the minority. What we need is a huge upgrade to what we already have. It would be cheaper to set this up than to rehash the local transport system to get us out to the SFS on game day.

What I am about to say will offend quite a few of you, but I don't care because it is a fact: unless you experience the weekly trudge of following your team around, experiencing the local transport system (especially on and Monday and Friday night), seeing the number of fans we get out to some of these grounds, the atmosphere at these grounds compared to Brookie, and the fickle support on a weekly basis from the Manly fans RIGHT NOW (not in the past when you may have lived in Sydney), you have no right to a comment in regards to this topic. More Importantly, you have no right to "speak for majority of Manly fans"

PS: WAMF, above is not a specific attack on you, as there are others out there that think the same.

Proof it can work. 2007 semi final at SFS vs Cowboys.
Short memory Jono?
BTW, I don't speak for anyone and I don't make the decisions.
I have surmised that outside of some (not all) hard core ignoramuses who refuse to see past their snoz, that 'most' reasonable minded fans can accept that if nothing major is done with regards to upgrading Brookie, that the Sea Eagles will be forced to shift aside the wonderful memories and move on.
You need to re-think your concept that people like you should be the ones with the loudest voices. Don't get me wrong, I have respect for all those fans that travel to away games and attend all the home games, it's a huge commitment and financially draining.... but it does not make you more of a fan than the rest of us (even if we're from out of town)

Fact# MOST Sea Eagle fans can't make every game (we are fickle after all hey Jono?) so I guess that puts people like yourself, in the absolute minority in the greater scheme of things.
In case you've been too busy holding up your banner all these years, I better break it to you now, the NRL is a TV game these days and TV rights are responsible for exponentially more income to the club, than mere gate takings.

I want to see Brookvale updated properly but if it doesn't happen in the next 3 or so years, you better get used to trudging to the SFS for our home games.

If its a TV game WAMF then why move it, TV cameras and lighting are perfectly fine at Brookie.

but a reduction of 5000 memberships @ 250 each wont hurt the club at all it seems. Who needs an extra million.

How many corporate boxes does that equate to?

Fluffy, why do you really think membership numbers would drop so significantly?
Most will support the club irrespective of where the Sea Eagles play.
If there were improved transport options why wouldn't fans head to the SFS if it became the Sea Eagles home ground?
Cut through the B.S and it's 'upgrade' or 'move' they are the only two outcomes.

WAMF said:
If there were improved transport options why wouldn't fans head to the SFS if it became the Sea Eagles home ground?
Cut through the B.S and it's 'upgrade' or 'move' they are the only two outcomes.

WAMF, I'm loving the debate, even though I think you are misguided.
I for one would cut my membership from a 10-game season to a three-game season if matches were moved from Brookvale. I'm prepared to go to the occasional match at the SFS, but it would need to be on a Sunday. I think I am representative of a lot of full member fans.
Also, as I've said before and it hasn't been refuted, the Leagues Club and some businesses surrounding Brookvale that sponsor the Sea Eagles benefit greatly from home matches. Are they going to be compensated for a downturn in trade?

The Who said:
Also, as I've said before and it hasn't been refuted, the Leagues Club and some businesses surrounding Brookvale that sponsor the Sea Eagles benefit greatly from home matches.

Clearly that can't possibly be refuted. But is that alone, enough to stop a move if Brookie doesn't get the proper funding?

Sacrifices will need to be made, tears will be shed BUT when all is said and done, we will still have a footy team to support.

The Who said:
WAMF said:

WAMF, I'm loving the debate, even though I think you are misguided.
I for one would cut my membership from a 10-game season to a three-game season if matches were moved from Brookvale. I'm prepared to go to the occasional match at the SFS, but it would need to be on a Sunday. I think I am representative of a lot of full member fans.
Also, as I've said before and it hasn't been refuted, the Leagues Club and some businesses surrounding Brookvale that sponsor the Sea Eagles benefit greatly from home matches. Are they going to be compensated for a downturn in trade?

I agree. I go to approx 8 home games a year at the moment. If we played at the SFS I would go to 3-4 and if we played at ANZ 1 max. I hate that joint.

Jono said:
unless you experience the weekly trudge of following your team around, experiencing the local transport system (especially on and Monday and Friday night), seeing the number of fans we get out to some of these grounds, the atmosphere at these grounds compared to Brookie, and the fickle support on a weekly basis from the Manly fans RIGHT NOW (not in the past when you may have lived in Sydney), you have no right to a comment in regards to this topic.

Really, what rights are these ? And who is it that dictates those rights ? And where can i get some ?

Anyone can have a viewpoint Jono and anyone can comment.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4