What does this mean for Brookie?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
[

As the best team in the comp, Manly deserve better than playing out of the worst ground in the league.
[/quote]

I diasagree with this comment. The Manly players were so pleased to finally get back there for round 6, that was well documented. The players are perfectly happy there & so are the local fans.

I live closer to Homebush, but would much prefer the trip to Brookvale Oval. That is history, where the team is from and where I grew up.:shy:

The Who said:
There is not one major stadium on the northside of Sydney. If there was one then, yes, this proposal would have merit. But of Sydney's three major stadia (SCG, SFS, Olympic Park) two are south-east close to supporters of Easts, Souths and St George, and the other at Homebush is relatively close to Parramatta, Canterbury and Wests.
So, when you see the clubs supporting this proposal look at the reason why.

A redeveloped North Sydney Oval...? Manly playing out of the Bears spiritual home?!? Bahahaha, only joking!

North Sydney? No parking. North Sydney oval is a boutique place fit for local school comps and an occasional heritage something.
Redevelop Brookvale.

I prefer Brookvale Oval but am largely undecided on this issue. People say Manly supporters don't travel to watch games at these 2 bigger stadiums. But, would they if it was a 'home' game?

Is it too much to expect people from the peninsula to travel into the city to away games after forking out money for a game at brooky the weekend before and then also the week after?

I know if i still lived down there i would only attend home games tue to financial and time restraints. I reckon people would go if the SFS was a 'home' game.

The melbourne idea of just the 2 stadiums would only work if easts, souths, norths, newtown, annandale, sydney uni and balmain were the teams involved.

Facts are its not.

Also seems most of the people happy to have it moved are out of towners who rarely goto games. This % of games attended could be adapted to the northern beaches so drop 5K off the average crowd figures for the year.

8K a game at olympic park would at least make the beer queue shorter.

Make Brookie a trust so mid and long term visions can be started.

I think the 2 stadiums works for all Sydney teams except manly

1 that 18km (approx) steach of road from brookvale to the city is one of the slowest in Sydney
2 as stated several times public transport to both stadiums is crap.

Brookvale needs to upgraded to a similar standard as gosford that's the bottom line.

Fluffy said:
Also seems most of the people happy to have it moved are out of towners who rarely goto games. This % of games attended could be adapted to the northern beaches so drop 5K off the average crowd figures for the year.

Interesting, I assume your referring to my comments, fluffy?
If so, when have I ever stated I would be happy to see games moved on a permanent basis?

I guess I could flip your argument and suggest that it's the stubborn fans that are able to attend the games that aren't willing to 'give' and 'accept' that in order to have a financially viable Sea Eagles for the future, something needs to give and Brookvale is little more (currently) than a hindrance.

As stated, I wasn't always an out of towner so I reckon I can see both sides of the fence better than most. Mute argument that out of town one is.

Moving matches away from Brookvale Oval lessens our chances of success. I'm sure this is obvious to everyone.
Trying to make money from a losing club would be impossible.
Don't forget that matches played at Brookie are also financially beneficial to the Leagues Club and surrounding retailers, some of whom are sponsors.

cornflakes, cornflakes, cornflakes, cornflakes, cornflakes, cornflakes, cornflakes, cornflakes, cornflakes, cornflakes, cornflakes, cornflakes, cornflakes, cornflakes, cornflakes, cornflakes, cornflakes, cornflakes, cornflakes, cornflakes, cornflakes, cornflakes, cornflakes, cornflakes, cornflakes, cornflakes, cornflakes, cornflakes, cornflakes, cornflakes

Coco pops Coco pops coco pops

I am an out of towner and can only make 1-2 games a year (at best) so my opinion doesn't really count, however purely from a business perspective if Brookvale isn't redeveloped in the next few years don't be surprised to see the owners want a permanent move where they can fit more in seated, and sell more corporate entertainment.

Dave Perry is doing a very good job of turning the club around into the black but you can bet that Penn and co will want more than that, so if it doens't happen (the major upgrade).....I'd expect some changes.

By the way my post above is NOT what I'd like to see happen just an opinion of what might happen if things don't change.

Mark from Brisbane said:
I am an out of towner and can only make 1-2 games a year (at best) so my opinion doesn't really count, however purely from a business perspective if Brookvale isn't redeveloped in the next few years don't be surprised to see the owners want a permanent move where they can fit more in seated, and sell more corporate entertainment.

Dave Perry is doing a very good job of turning the club around into the black but you can bet that Penn and co will want more than that, so if it doens't happen (the major upgrade).....I'd expect some changes.

You are no doubt right, Mark. But why would we get larger crowds by moving away from our core fan base? We'd certainly get more opposition supporters, so the boys would rarely be playing in front of a pro-Manly crowd.
Of the 12 home matches we get we already take two away. Of the 10 remaining, there probably would be only two or three (max) that would warrant a larger capacity stadium.

I want to see Abbott fulfil his promise of $20mil when we sweep him in to power at the next election and see Brookvale oval receive a total makeover, befitting of a champion team like Manly.

He better stick to his promise.

The Who said:
Mark from Brisbane said:

You are no doubt right, Mark. But why would we get larger crowds by moving away from our core fan base? We'd certainly get more opposition supporters, so the boys would rarely be playing in front of a pro-Manly crowd.
Of the 12 home matches we get we already take two away. Of the 10 remaining, there probably would be only two or three (max) that would warrant a larger capacity stadium.

And that in fact may be what they do (as in some point in the future)....take more games away from home when the need might arise.

For example, lets say Melbourne -Manly might pull 18,000 at home, would it pull 25,000 at the SFS and would they sell 20 corporate boxes??

I don't know and say again not what I'd personally like to see BUT just trying to think like the accountants would think.

So maybe they take 4 or 5 blockbuster games away and we are left with 7 or 8 home games.

Who knows!!

Daniel said:
Cambo said:
No I thought we were talkin cereal bro lol

haha. Describe what Cornflakes mean to you in 25 words

Rick: I suppose you think it's pretty weird, don't you Mike? Well, you'd be right. 'Cause THAT'S the kind of guy I am, right? WEIRD. Which is why I go over people's heads. A bit like an aeroplane! You think I'm an aeroplane, don't you, Mike? Well, I'm not.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6