What does Penn get out of Manly?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Penn is only getting negative publicity from his part-ownership - no (or minimal) visibility of the Company Name is seen in the physical sense.

So apart from possible tax write offs, why is he bothering with his toy football team.

OK they are big in the US for marijuana based medicines, but you wouldn't know that as it is only sold I think in the ACT. So far, all of the "bad" publicity, this time, stemming from the Pride Jersey ( which he allegedly had nothing to do with), and the current disarray over the football staff, what's in it for him?

He has committed the Sea Eagles to wear the Pride jersey next year (and I have no problem with that), but it creates one more reason for certain players not to want to play here next year.

If he wants to run the football team, get him back here from US, 7 days a week, put a clipboard in his hand and see if he can improve the value of Penn Health.

I feel sorry for URM, who's name is on the jersey, but then again there may be another story in that!

They’ve made heaps already ( Leagues club deal for a start ) and Manly wouldn’t really be costing him any money based on his budget spending on what comes out of his pocket.

He’ll be writing off any losses against other in one streams so for him it’s either one of two things.

1) a plaything for the occasional time he’s in Australia.
2) there’s a pay day down the track somehow.

He’s far more interested these days in his leggy New Yorker blonde wife ( and I can’t say I blame him ).

Pity he doesn’t want to sell .

They’ve made heaps already ( Leagues club deal for a start ) and Manly wouldn’t really be costing him any money based on his budget spending on what comes out of his pocket.

He’ll be writing off any losses against other in one streams so for him it’s either one of two things.

He’s far more interested these days in his leggy New Yorker blonde wife ( and I can’t say I blame him ).

I don’t think his wife is attractive. But then neither is Scott.

OK they are big in the US for marijuana based medicines
"Medicines" lol yeah OK. I hadn't heard about this, must be a 'budding' industry stateside.
Making medicine fun ...

1665202218243.png

Penn is only getting negative publicity from his part-ownership - no (or minimal) visibility of the Company Name is seen in the physical sense.

So apart from possible tax write offs, why is he bothering with his toy football team.

OK they are big in the US for marijuana based medicines, but you wouldn't know that as it is only sold I think in the ACT. So far, all of the "bad" publicity, this time, stemming from the Pride Jersey ( which he allegedly had nothing to do with), and the current disarray over the football staff, what's in it for him?

He has committed the Sea Eagles to wear the Pride jersey next year (and I have no problem with that), but it creates one more reason for certain players not to want to play here next year.

If he wants to run the football team, get him back here from US, 7 days a week, put a clipboard in his hand and see if he can improve the value of Penn Health.

I feel sorry for URM, who's name is on the jersey, but then again there may be another story in that!
He needs to **** off I hate the Germ

I think it's an ego thing with him, look at me I own an NRL team.
Nothing more and he doesn't really have the passion and isn't willing to spend the money on improving the club.

The club needs an owner who has passion and is willing to fund that passion,
Need an Uncle Nick to come in and take ownership, we will always struggle to make the eight under the current model.
The coaches he is chasing are budget coaches and deliver results that reflect that budget.

I hate the bloke but the Gus would sort the joint out if he was given an open cheque book and would be able to set up the structure similar to Penrith, We may have even got Cameron Ciraldo who would be better than the coaches that are being talked about now.

For a different perspective on Manly’s current RDO (Revolving Door Officer):

I think it's an ego thing with him, look at me I own an NRL team.
Nothing more and he doesn't really have the passion and isn't willing to spend the money on improving the club.

The club needs an owner who has passion and is willing to fund that passion,
Need an Uncle Nick to come in and take ownership, we will always struggle to make the eight under the current model.
The coaches he is chasing are budget coaches and deliver results that reflect that budget.

I hate the bloke but the Gus would sort the joint out if he was given an open cheque book and would be able to set up the structure similar to Penrith, We may have even got Cameron Ciraldo who would be better than the coaches that are being talked about now.

There's no comparison with Penn to our saviour, Max Delmege.

Max was often at the Leagues Club after the game and actually sought you out to get your opinion of how the day went. He was truly interested in what his fans thought.

So sad that economic circumstances forced him to sell after putting in $7 mill of his own.

I did take a quick look at the accounts, the most recent ones aren’t available, but those that were he was tipping in additional funds each year to fund the operating shortfall via convertible notes from memory

I did take a quick look at the accounts, the most recent ones aren’t available, but those that were he was tipping in additional funds each year to fund the operating shortfall via convertible notes from memory
You have access to the Penn private financials , impressive !!

I really don't think Penn has any particular interest in Manly results on field, except I guess that sustained bad results are slightly embarrassing - but only slightly.

What I think he is very interested in is the problem of "how do you make money out of an NRL team??" which I don't think anyone has managed to satisfactorily solve. But Penn has an idea and actually it is a good one: you crack the US market, which is worth so much it literally dwarfs the entire NRL.

If he can manage that, and make Manly a presence there, he banks $$squillions.

Hence his continuing interest in Manly playing games there, and hence I personally guarantee we will be playing at least one game in the Pride jersey next year no matter how many players opt out nor what is the effect afterwards. If he can manage to find some sort of grounds to wear a BLM jersey, we'll be in that too.

It is very important in the US market that you publicly say Right Things, and if he can say Diversity And Inclusion Pioneer then I bet that is a really big thing in his hopes and plans. Whereas, saying 2 points, or 4 or 6 or 8, frankly I think is a really irrelevant thing.

Buckle up Feathered Friends, it is only my opinion but I think we're about to explore what it is like when the owner is really only interested in commercial results than sporting results. If that turns out right then I am not sure what some of the more seriously motivated players might make of it. But to the delight of a multitude of our b*stard second rate trash enemies that fabled first wooden spoon might not be totally out of reach....

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4