What does our High Performance coaching staff do?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I must say we don't look as fit as other sides and our line speed in defence is generally much slower that the opposition. It's either a lack of fitness or a lack of effort.

I must say we don't look as fit as other sides and our line speed in defence is generally much slower that the opposition. It's either a lack of fitness or a lack of effort.
It's both @Tragic Eagle However, both factors are related and are not being addressed adequately by our high-performance coaching team. In fact, high-performance coaching right now and MWSE would seem to be a contradiction in terms.

Personally, I don’t think it’s either. It’s an interesting area of analysis. I think we often view a team’s perceived fitness level as being ‘all things equal’ but that denies the science of individual ceilings of fitness and athleticism. When you consider the body types and athletic ceiling of the likes of James FH, Liam Martin, Yeo and co and compare it to Woods, Sipley and even Paseka (not a criticism as I think he is doing well but certainly gasses), you’re never going to be able to bridge the divide with conditioning at training. You can make it smaller but you can never be like for like. I looked at the Cows warming up on Saturday and they were big, muscly and fast. I looked at us and we were tubby cumbersome and slow. It’s the roster.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8