What Des has inherited

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
So finally some genious has finally admitted that I am 100% correct ... and factors other than just the coach determine outcomes ...

thank you eaglebuzz for confirming for me that in your opinion ... the squad, injuries, and other coaching staff impact on performance ... there are probably 20 to 30 other factors that also impact to a greater or lesser extent ... but thanks for confirming the biggies ..

PSSS ... I am not certain eaglebuzz is bright enough to realise he agrees with me .. but well done to him anyway ...

Yes, and with many of those factors against him, Des is able to marshall the ones under his control to get the best out of his squad, something Barrett has proven himself to be inept at time and time again.

Nobody is disagreeing with you about the relevance of the other factors, we are just pointing out that Barrett is a terrible coach.

Tigers got 50 put on them last weekend.

Doesnt mean Madge is a shthouse coach. It happens, even to the best of them.

True

Every one can have an off day but......

not Every one can be a quality coach .

Yes, and with many of those factors against him, Des is able to marshall the ones under his control to get the best out of his squad, something Barrett has proven himself to be inept at time and time again.

Nobody is disagreeing with you about the relevance of the other factors, we are just pointing out that Barrett is a terrible coach.

and I don't know why .... I have never commented on Barretts coaching ability ...

... and I am not sure missing 2 players is comparable to having only 19 players available ..... it is like all these arguments ... everybody has a selective memory ..... people just love to blame somebody ....

Blaming a coach for everything is the same as blaming a player for a missed tackle in the closing seconds for losing a game ... the game has gone on for 80 mins ... there have been 30 missed tackles and 20 errors .... it is a team game .. and the glory or heartbreak are won or shared as a team ....

Dessie is a great coach ... he has a good coaching team and a good roster ... and at the moment it is all happy families and blue skies ...... let's just enjoy what should be an enjoyable journey .....

.. but things can change ... and heaven forbid they do ....

Same reason as I'm not including Dessie's record in his last year at the Doggies .... for the simple fact that as I have said all along that there are other factors than just who is coach that can have very real effects on the physchology of a team ... and therefore results ...

The problem with your opinion .... is that the first time we have 30 points put on us .... suddenly by your definition Dessie becomes a ****house coach ..... I personally will think that is a nonsense ... but I will look forward to your post bagging Dessie ....
Thanks for telling me what my opinion is.
Are you clutching at straws now?

and I don't know why .... I have never commented on Barretts coaching ability ...

... and I am not sure missing 2 players is comparable to having only 19 players available ..... it is like all these arguments ... everybody has a selective memory ..... people just love to blame somebody ....

Blaming a coach for everything is the same as blaming a player for a missed tackle in the closing seconds for losing a game ... the game has gone on for 80 mins ... there have been 30 missed tackles and 20 errors .... it is a team game .. and the glory or heartbreak are won or shared as a team ....

Dessie is a great coach ... he has a good coaching team and a good roster ... and at the moment it is all happy families and blue skies ...... let's just enjoy what should be an enjoyable journey .....

Good points and I also don't think Barrett was a hack, just an inexperienced coach, who when faced with serious adversity lost the plot and good ideas. He could still turn into a reasonable coach but Hasler is vastly superior at this stage. His performance with his troops especially in defence shows. He's concentrating on defence and playing to the limitations of his attack, an attack that has only one top player in DCE at this stage

As for injuries, yep Barrett suffered badly. But there are more than two players Hasler is down. Two of three best attackers in the team Tom T and Walker are long term absentees. Then there's the up and comers Funa, Metcalfe, Albert Hopoate, the latter two for the season. The loss of Kelly and Lane has further weakened our attack. Waddell and Garrick are pluses and Elgey is improving, but overall though Hasler has more troops on board, I think he has instilled in the team a growing winning culture, something that towards the end of last year had vanished from the side.

And Barrett's attitudes regarding Hastings still astonishes me. One of the better attacking and more enthusiastic players in the squad and he exiled him to Coventry...or rather Salford, where he and Jamie Lussick have dragged a team en route to relegation in 2018, to being a competitive side just outside of the top 5 in Superleague.

It was Barrett's decision making and lack of defensive structure that I considered he had lacking

So what does Barrett’s knob taste like

Thanks for telling me what my opinion is.
Are you clutching at straws now?

If you are going to try and be smart ..... at least try and be a little bit smart ...

I did not tell you what your opinion was .... I told you what one of the problems with your opinion was ...

So what does Barrett’s knob taste like

No idea ... and I would never have thought about it until you brought it up ... but I am pretty sure a fat little ugly **** like you wouldn't have any idea .... I would be certain Barrett's taste would be well above street whore customers ...

Good points and I also don't think Barrett was a hack, just an inexperienced coach, who when faced with serious adversity lost the plot and good ideas. He could still turn into a reasonable coach but Hasler is vastly superior at this stage. His performance with his troops especially in defence shows. He's concentrating on defence and playing to the limitations of his attack, an attack that has only one top player in DCE at this stage

As for injuries, yep Barrett suffered badly. But there are more than two players Hasler is down. Two of three best attackers in the team Tom T and Walker are long term absentees. Then there's the up and comers Funa, Metcalfe, Albert Hopoate, the latter two for the season. The loss of Kelly and Lane has further weakened our attack. Waddell and Garrick are pluses and Elgey is improving, but overall though Hasler has more troops on board, I think he has instilled in the team a growing winning culture, something that towards the end of last year had vanished from the side.

And Barrett's attitudes regarding Hastings still astonishes me. One of the better attacking and more enthusiastic players in the squad and he exiled him to Coventry...or rather Salford, where he and Jamie Lussick have dragged a team en route to relegation in 2018, to being a competitive side just outside of the top 5 in Superleague.

It was Barrett's decision making and lack of defensive structure that I considered he had lacking

Bearfax .... thank you for that reasoned response .... but here again is the rub ..... I am not .... and never was defending Barrett or comparing him to Dessie ... my one and only contribution was to say that many factors come into play, and have to align for there to be success ....it is not just the coach ....

That comment alone was sufficient to have the bum-sore hordes streaming from the cess-pits screaming Barrett can't coach ... why are you defending him ... heaven help me ...... the level of literacy sometimes bewilders me .....

Bearfax .... thank you for that reasoned response .... but here again is the rub ..... I am not .... and never was defending Barrett or comparing him to Dessie ... my one and only contribution was to say that many factors come into play, and have to align for there to be success ....it is not just the coach ....

That comment alone was sufficient to have the bum-sore hordes streaming from the cess-pits screaming Barrett can't coach ... why are you defending him ... heaven help me ...... the level of literacy sometimes bewilders me .....

I have also noticed that for what seems like a few months now you seem to be trying to get people to understand just what it was you said.

Now, I'm no scientist but I put it all down to you using PSSSSSS's and not PPPPPPS's, which has caused untold confusion in the comprehension stakes.

Then again....

:p

@:D

No idea ... and I would never have thought about it until you brought it up ... but I am pretty sure a fat little ugly **** like you wouldn't have any idea .... I would be certain Barrett's taste would be well above street whore customers ...
Hahahahahha. Trent Woods

If you are going to try and be smart ..... at least try and be a little bit smart ...

I did not tell you what your opinion was .... I told you what one of the problems with your opinion was ...
Opposed to yourself who Appears to be [no personal attacks - mod]

Last edited by a moderator:
Opposed to yourself who Appears to be [no personal attacks - mod]

Wait, it shouldn't be too hard to go back a couple of posts to find the post where you started the personal attack .... I also don't get why you suggest I am opposed to them ... I have never commented about them either way ....

But it does amuse me that in the middle of a discussion about coaches ... you feel the need to jump in and take the conversation down into the gutter ...... from what I have heard it is an environment you are very familiar with .....

... anyway, you are obviously on a mission to try and upset me ... go your hardest ....

How much rope do you need? Some posters here are so persistently cantankerous you could travel to the moon and back with the rope they have accumulated across their posting history.
Lets save the rope for the rickys raiders I say

Lets save the rope for the rickys raiders I say
Funny you know I wasn’t worried about the dragons and for 78
Mins I thought we had that game won. The raiders however worry me. I’m in the minority that like Ricky and think he’s finally got the raiders humming. If we win it’s gonna be a great effort but in Des I trust.

Funny you know I wasn’t worried about the dragons and for 78
Mins I thought we had that game won. The raiders however worry me. I’m in the minority that like Ricky and think he’s finally got the raiders humming. If we win it’s gonna be a great effort but in Des I trust.
The raiders are playing good footy but what gives me hope is the resilience our boys have shown to compete and win Games .
Games that the experts thought we would lose
Des has our boys over achieving .
If we continue with our resilience we are in with a real chance

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10