what are you really really sick of?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
To be honest you would think a PR man would know better how to handle his own "brand"

Not much to be gained by it

Technical Coach said:
manlyfan76 said:
Technical Coach said:
manlyfan76 said:
Technical Coach said:
Mitchell Johnson sick of his try hard tough approach when he looks and acts like a soft ^&^$--- well basically the whole Australian team.

I like the old school toughness like S. Waugh A. Border style not the show pony stuff that is on display at present just to appear Australia has found a new tough skin.

Also how everyone is talking about how fast Mitchell Johnson is as if he is always extreme express pace when most of his deliveries are 142-147km/h with the odd one hitting in the lower 150's.(express to me is 147 and above) Yes he holds his pace well throughout the spell but by no means is he constantly express pace, must be the pathetic mustache adding a few km/h.

Who was the last bowler to bowl 147 plus right through a spell and do that consistently?
Well it was not Mitchell Johnson that is for sure, those deliveries were the exception not the norm and there are other bowlers who can hold mid 140's in international cricket past and present.

There does seem to be a lack of genuine pace stocks like in the past and it shows with the way batters are struggling with pace that is a little above the "present" norm like Johnson.

If you are talking in relative terms compared to the current crop yes he is quick but he is not frighteningly quick like Shoab, Lee, Tait etc who were able to bowl a full over in the 150's or close to it. In terms of average speed he holds a nice 140-145 but that is nothing special.

Seems the Australian team are hyping up his speed just to scare the English and it is working but it is partly hype.

Johnson will fall victim to his slinging bowling technique as per usual with a lack of control but he has improved this last year. England are making him look better than he is, really piss poor effort, scared lacking any toughness at the crease on a good flat deck.

I'm not sure what they are doing in cricket but the recorded speeds pitchers throw in baseball have "changed" recently, the guns used to record the speed out of the hand and now get the speed of the ball close to the batter, some teams use three or four guns simultainiously. Point is the speeds they used to get would be slower if they used today's equipment and methods.
I totally agree about England being piss poor in this test match. It seems wording about Perth has got them beat in Adelaide.

I agree, naturally you would think stronger athletes and more professionalism should produce bowlers that are capable of bowling faster so todays bowlers overall are/should be quicker than the past.(well that is the theory)

Each time bowlers have been timed in a controlled closed environment the reported speeds are 10-15km/k slower than the exaggerated on ground camera readings.

But what is also happening that could be contributing to slower speeds is the lack of the old school West Indian fast bowler who have the perfect physique for bounce and pace. These days that type of build is playing NBA or NFL or getting into sprinting, cable tv killed West Indian cricket and they are getting the best of the rest including the slim build weak Indian background bowlers and batters.

20/20 is starting to see some of the original West Indian physical presence coming back as they can see a decent living now playing cricket in the same way cable showed the glitz of the NBA and NFL. In 10-15yrs time we should see the West Indies get back into the top 4 again.

Even in England teams from the past you had the odd West Indian delivering the pace the white boys could not deliver which is lacking now also.

There just seems to be a lack of physical size in the fast bowling ranks these days and not enough pace within all nations, there are sprinklings but it definitely is not the same as the past that is for sure.

COMMANDER said:
Technical Coach said:
Mitchell Johnson sick of his try hard tough approach when he looks and acts like a soft ^&^$--- well basically the whole Australian team.

I like the old school toughness like S. Waugh A. Border style not the show pony stuff that is on display at present just to appear Australia has found a new tough skin.

Also how everyone is talking about how fast Mitchell Johnson is as if he is always extreme express pace when most of his deliveries are 142-147km/h with the odd one hitting in the lower 150's.(express to me is 147 and above) Yes he holds his pace well throughout the spell but by no means is he constantly express pace, must be the pathetic mustache adding a few km/h.

Yeah he's going ****house.

This sounds like pommie whinging; I'm sick of that!

Not a Pom born in Australia but not the patriotic type so have no problem occasionally supporting countries who play against Australia in any sport if i hate the personalities representing Australia.

Not supporting England in this series just enjoying the match ups could care less who wins.

Sad

Peter Peters! Please can someone buy him a one way ticket to Siberia!!

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Methods of measuring a bowler's speed are not uniform and the accuracy is always being questioned. Radar and Hawk eye (based on multiple camera shots) are two methods that have been used, but it is doubtful that you can compare bowlers of different eras, or even in different series, using these methods. There's a youtube clip of Dale Steyn from earlier this year taking 6 for 8 in a test this year against Pakistan and he's only bowling 131-132 kph (supposedly). Looked a hell of a lot faster than Glen McGrath to me.

TC's estimate of ideal bowling physiques is a bit of a red herring, though what has happened with the $US thrown at young Carribean athletes would account for the slump in their fortunes since the '80s. There have always been some white bowlers of extreme speed, and also in modern times from the sub-continent. While the world's fastest-ever include a couple with powerful physiques like Akhtar and Thommo, many others with a lean physique and whippy action are on that list.

Not suggesting white bowlers do not bowl fast, in the last two decades the majority are white just that in most instances they either tend to break down quickly or require a slinging bowling action to generate speed which increases the chance of injury and an inconsistent line and length.

Slinging bowling actions generate speed by lengthening the bowling arc and using the body to help whip across the arm increasing arm speed. The longer the arc the greater the distance which allows the arm to generate more speed. (i recall reading in a performance journal online)

Black athletes(in most parts but not all) have fast twitch muscle fibers so the effort to generate arm speed is less.(bowling though does require upper body strength which white bowlers take advantage of)

I was not actually limiting my physique to just one body type more the range on offer within the old West Indian ranks that was conducive to high speed long spell bowling with less injuries.

Holding, Ambrose, Walsh, Garner (Garner to a lesser extent) etc are tall, not overly big, long arms and front on body action with not too many injuries. Conversely Patrick Patterson, Ian Bishop and Devon Malcolm(England but West Indian) big strong bodies not as flexible and injury prone from what i recall might be wrong.

I think you will see the rise of the Ambrose type of builds again in the West Indies sides due to the money in 20/20 cricket if the money is still around long term.

I'm really sick of this thread being hijacked by cricket talk.
whatever.
I'm sick of the Roy Masters endless vendetta against the club and the board. he keeps dragging it up again and again.

bazeagle said:
whatever.
I'm sick of the Roy Masters endless vendetta against the club and the board. he keeps dragging it up again and again.

I have no problem of different sports or topics hijacking threads in the offseason there is no harm done.

During the season i agree.....

Technical Coach said:
bazeagle said:
whatever.

I have no problem of different sports or topics hijacking threads in the offseason there is no harm done.

During the season i agree.....
cool TC that's all well and good
I am pleased to hear your ultimate judgement on this

COMMANDER said:
Technical Coach said:

Johnson still going ****house into the fourth test.

:) :)
Keep it going Mitch.

I'm sick of the no punching rules.. The greatest night in recent rugby league history was the battle of brookie. State of Origin without fights what a ******* joke.
I'm sick of hypocrite ******** running around after those games screaming will someone please think of the children. It's a brutal neanderthal sport people if you don't like the violence then just **** off.

manlyfan76 said:
COMMANDER said:
Technical Coach said:

Johnson still going ****house into the fourth test.

:) :)
Keep it going Mitch.

Yeah only 5 wickets in that first innings, that's ****house.

What am I really sick of? How about how 4 out of the first 7 threads in the rugby leauge forum are not "rugby leauge" topics but are alowed to stay there and my thread about letting Napper back early from his bainishment is swiftly moved to the general forum. It seems that it is definitely a case of two legs bad four legs good. We are so quick to judge some and turn a blind eye to others. Maybe we are all one eyed Manly fans after all.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4