Whare's Future.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

arty

Reserve Grader
Is Dean Whare the best and only eventual replacement for Jamie Lyon? If so, is his resigning then a very big priority?

I really would like the club to retain Whare. Should we lose him it's likely that he will forge a great career wherever he goes which is a rarity for anyone who leaves the Sea Eagles.

That said we did purchase that Raiders Toyota Cup backrower who could turn out to be a devastating centre in the top grade.

We need to keep all our backs, we have little enough depth there as it is. Whare should be starting over Taufua at the moment.

Manly To Win! said:
We need to keep all our backs, we have little enough depth there as it is. Whare should be starting over Taufua at the moment.

True true

Manly To Win! said:

Whare should start over Taufua at the moment, for sure. Taufua may become a good player down the track but he should earn his apprenticeship in Reserves and not NRL.

Right now, he can cost us games and he's already given me too many heart murmurs. I rather not chance with him right now if everyone's available for selection.

We should also keep awesome Killer until he retires at 50 :D

Ramrod said:
Manly To Win! said:

Whare should start over Taufua at the moment, for sure. Taufua may become a good player down the track but he should earn his apprenticeship in Reserves and not NRL.

Right now, he can cost us games and he's already given me too many heart murmurs. I rather not chance with him right now if everyone's available for selection.

If our optimism is strong enough to hope Whare will evolve into a mini Lyon over time and Taufau will become a Hoppa clone eventually, currently Whare, because of his versatility and ability to play well in many backline positions and not just one, is well ahead of this magical transmission imho by several seasons. However, could Taufau really become a better forward prospect instead and be constructed as a junior Trex or Lussick? A few testing Frankenstein options, yes, but if we had to lose one of these players who would be the greater loss for the future of the Sea Eagles?

Not wanting to sound like a broken record - but Whare is apparently not a happy camper at the club and wants to leave, might be why we see Tafua starting in front of him...

Whare should be happy this week at fullback against the Roosters.

This year has already shown that everyone needs a cohesive Team to excel. Boyd,Sandow have regressed already.

Whare would be limiting his success if he changed to another Club.

I think that Toovs stuck with Taufua on the wing to give the kiddie more game time to settle in.
Brett was always tipped to be the Blues Fullback, so Whare was kept out on Friday.

Will be an interesting game on Sunday with 3 of the Boys out (not counting T-rex who has been absent all along) and perhaps even Choc :angel:

Ramrod said:
Manly To Win! said:

Since when did the retirement age drop from 65? (especially for Killer)

manlyfan76 said:
Sounds like Jorge is seen on here as a Trex style of winger.

More like John Hoppa in his early days I reckon. T-Rex was never a winger despite playing in the no. 2 & 5 jerseys.

voicefromthehill said:
Not wanting to sound like a broken record - but Whare is apparently not a happy camper at the club and wants to leave, might be why we see Tafua starting in front of him...

Yes I remember that being posted when there was discussion about Whare's future some time ago.

I'm sure he would have been disappointed with missing out on playing on Friday cause most of us believe that he should be there on current form.

Someone of his quality shouldn't be playing in the NSW Cup and would likely get a start in the top grade at another club.

when players sign with other clubs everyone wants them dropped to give other players experience. Maybe whare has indicated he is out of here next year and tooves is doing that. Just a thought

Whare has played better

Jorge is off contract as well at the end of the year as well, isnt he

Mals said:
manlyfan76 said:

More like John Hoppa in his early days I reckon. T-Rex was never a winger despite playing in the no. 2 & 5 jerseys.

I meant in our comments of him. We sure gave Trex the treatment in years past.

manlyfan76 said:
Mals said:
manlyfan76 said:

I meant in our comments of him. We sure gave Trex the treatment in years past.

We should be all learning from the past

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8