Westies

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ryan

Journey Man
Wests Tigers have no injuries to report from last night’s match against Melbourne Storm.
Apart from some soreness from their first game of the season, the players have come through fine.
Wests Tigers will now prepare to play Manly at Leichhardt Oval on Saturday, March 24, at 5.30pm in their first home game of the season.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wests Tigers will be looking to keep their winning record against Manly Sea Eagles at Leichhardt Oval intact when the teams clash on Saturday, March 24, at 5.30pm.

Not since 2003 has Manly beaten the Wests Tigers at Leichhardt Oval. On that day, the Sea Eagles got home 38-30. It was sweet revenge for Manly who were hammered 38-12 at Brookvale Oval by Wests Tigers earlier in the season.

Since the Wests Tigers’ inaugural season in 2000, the two teams have met eight times for four wins each.

Last 8 clashes record

2006: Manly 16 d Wests Tigers 12 at Brookvale Oval; Wests Tigers 24 d Manly 18 at Leichhardt Oval.
2005: Wests Tigers 49 d Manly 24 at Leichhardt Oval; Manly 34 d Wests Tigers 26 at Brookvale Oval.
2004: Manly 26 d Wests Tigers 18 at Brookvale Oval; Wests Tigers 30 d Manly 22 at Leichhardt Oval.
2003: Manly 38 d Wests Tigers 30 at Leichhardt Oval; Wests Tigers 38 d Manly 12 at Brookvale Oval.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Team Selection

Keith Galloway will start at prop for the round two match against Manly Sea Eagles at Leichhardt Oval on Saturday, March 24, at 5.30pm.

Prop Todd Payten moves back to the second-row with Chris Heighington returning to the interchange bench.

Brett Hodgson
Taniela Tuiaki
Dean Collis
Paul Whatuira
Jason Moodie
Benji Marshall
John Morris
Keith Galloway
Robbie Farah
Bryce Gibbs
Ben Galea
Todd Payten
Dene Halatau

Liam Fulton
Daniel Fitzhenry
Chris Heighington
Bronson Harrison

Maaaaan...they are full strength !!!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's a worry- they are a solid outfit and pushed a full strength Storm all the way...they were unlucky not to get away with it in the end.

Payten in the backrow reduces their mobility, solid I agree but doesn't send a lot of fear down my spine especially if we manage to control Benji.

Payten in the backrow reduces their mobility, solid I agree but doesn't send a lot of fear down my spine especially if we manage to control Benji.

+ Galloway to starting prop. Are they trying to match our forward strength ? That doesnt sound like Sheens

Last year were two great games, and I hate to say it I thought the Tiges were just a bit of class above us in attack. They have lost Prince and we have Lyon. With all our injuries I must say we have to be the underdogs.

BTW Manly have come in to 8-1 with NSW TAB and 9-1 elsewhere for the Premiership (from 10's and 11s) so the bookies have liked what they have seen.

I would like to see Marshall tackle George this week. It could finish his season if he did.

The tigers are always very competitive at Leichhardt. However I feel good about our backline now to hold the line and manage Marshall's cross field runs. The most dangerous thing is the compressed defense I see us employing, that's how they scored first against the Storm. Tigers backs are very quick so it's imperative that Des gets them to mark and tackle their man ball and all and stay alert for the inside ball to Hodgson or Whatiura. I think our forwards are as good if not better than theirs. Defense will be the key (isn't it always).

Farah is the most dangerous there I think, Hodgson is still finding his feet again and Marshall could go either way depending how his glory plays pan out, he could create more opportunities for us than them. The biggest thing they will be missing from last year is the kicking game of Prince, we definitely have the advantage there if Orford plays.

Agree, the kicking of Prince was always very good for the Tigs. Didn't see it happening in the Titians v dragqueens game. It was interesting to see the try that King made last week was definitely kicked by the Ox for Stewart who was edged of the ball by a canberra player. Remember the match winner at Brookie last season. awesome.

[quote author=The Wheel]

+ Galloway to starting prop. Are they trying to match our forward strength ? That doesnt sound like Sheens

[/quote]

Maybe he knows Monaghan doesn't like to run from dummy half too often and that Dunley isn't playing, so there's less risk of them being exposed up the middle.

Let's hope Ballin ups them in that regard :p

both teams were ordinary last week and well below their best, it will be who can improve the most who wins

I can't see why we shouldn't beat them. We were injury depleted there last year (Kennedy got injured early) and we should have beat them (Matai screwed things up). We have a better backline then them still. If we can contain their forwards from offloadin with 2nd phase play (this is the key for mine) we can beat them

matai,beaver and stewart out means a long saturday afternoon.they rarely lose to anybody at that hellhole so our depleted side will struggle-particularly with their speed around the ruck..Tigers will start at 1.40-1.50 IMO and probably win.losing there is no disgrace and at least we get a look at Ballin.I will be happy with a competitive effort.

[quote author=tookey]
I would like to see Marshall tackle George this week. It could finish his season if he did.

pffft

career
[/quote]

Remember what BK did to Marshall at Brookie in 05 !!! Hehehehe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4