Wendy Harmer

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Lol god yes, japanese for breakfast, lunch and dinner. You cant lose
I love it. Love the place too. Everything is clean and on time. People say they're rapists of the sea but everything gets used. Not like here. If some tuna isn't sold there the day it's caught it's dried and used in some other dish.

Unagi is my favourite. My dad used to work for the Fishermans co-op in Grafton and they would send heaps of eels there every year.

Im salivating already.

No straight lines after Yebisu's, sake and japanese whiskey mate (which is v v good)
The Japanese make everything good. I've tried to explain to people here how good Suntory whiskey actually is compared to your house brands here. The Japanese decide to make something themselves they bring in the best in the world and don't spare a cent, that's why the beer is so good they brought in German masters years ago and made them an offer they couldn't refuse.

Right - now I'm annoyed. I just read the first three pages of this thread, without realising it started nearly a year ago. Even though I probably contributed to it a year ago. And then I notice, skip to the end, and we're discussing sushi. And now I'm hungry again. Despite just having dinner an hour ago. Damn the off season... did I miss anything meaningful?

I dont have any. One of my best mates owns a snow travel operation there so i get given free everything when i go. I have my surfboard here in London though. Im going surfing in Morocco again in 2 weeks. Winter Atlantic ocean swell @:cool:

Im guessing you have a solid 5 board quiver where you are in Canada..?! Do you go boarding much these days

Lucky! Nice one.

I should have more boards, but alas, only 3. 2 bataleon's and one Prior (made in whistler.)

Yup, I snowboard a fair bit these days. Not today though....-22 so it was a wax and scrape day!

I've never surfed, nor been to Morocco. I'd like to go to Morocco.

umm..... ! met Wendy Harmer's brother once. (To throw something on topic in there.)

Party on!

Looks like theres decent snow now. I heard it didnt dump much in December, but it looks like its come good. Enjoy those Yebisu's
Yeah, it wasn't as good as seasons gone by apparently, but still good skiing. There was a reasonable dump on our first night.

Yebisu is my favourite. Struggle to find it in Nhulunbuy but I can't wait to down a few cans over there. We are only in Hakuba for three days then on to Kyoto and maybe Hiroshima, I've been before but would like to go again Miyajima is awesome and if like to show the kids...but who am I kidding its all about the food.
Funny, we just left Hakuba and are in Kyoto now for 6 nights before heading to Tokyo for another 4 nights, then back home. Make sure you reserve train seats on the trip to Kyoto. You probably already know this; however, download the Hyperdia app for all the train routes and timetables (it's a God send).

Lucky! Nice one.

I should have more boards, but alas, only 3. 2 bataleon's and one Prior (made in whistler.)

Yup, I snowboard a fair bit these days. Not today though....-22 so it was a wax and scrape day!

I've never surfed, nor been to Morocco. I'd like to go to Morocco.

umm..... ! met Wendy Harmer's brother once. (To throw something on topic in there.)

Party on!
Snowboarding! Impressive GE!
Requests to see a picture of a snowboarding GE wearing one of your Manly jerseys over your snow gear - preferably while performing a Backside Triple Cork 1620 - or at least upright.:D
Touching on other awesome snowboarders The Crash Reel featuring Kevin Pearce is an incredibly inspiring doco.
Spray the powder GE.
On topic..Go Manly!

Until the Japs stop their illegal whaling operations they can go and get royally f&cked!

Snowboarding! Impressive GE!
Requests to see a picture of a snowboarding GE wearing one of your Manly jerseys over your snow gear - preferably while performing a Backside Triple Cork 1620 - or at least upright.:D
Touching on other awesome snowboarders The Crash Reel featuring Kevin Pearce is an incredibly inspiring doco.
Spray the powder GE.
On topic..Go Manly!

Certainly! Here's a video of me and a few mates mucking around.....:D:angel:

Kevin Pearce was a seriously....seriously talented rider. Incredible. I remember watching the crash reel on a plane flying somewhere (can't remember) and I agree, it's inspiring and compelling in its rawness and honesty.

ummmmm

manly gear...

ummmmm....

LDFm7uC.jpg

99cuAgg.jpg

I am here in Japan right now as well. We have been in Tokyo for nearly a month but tomorrow we are off to Niigata for a week to do some snowboarding. Love this country it is a nice change from Kingscliff. There are these restaurants where you can get a set menu of about 7 courses for about $30 and for an extra $15 all you can drink and the beer comes in these German sized mugs ... a couple of times I have quit drinking for few days.

I
I am here in Japan right now as well. We have been in Tokyo for nearly a month but tomorrow we are off to Niigata for a week to do some snowboarding. Love this country it is a nice change from Kingscliff. There are these restaurants where you can get a set menu of about 7 courses for about $30 and for an extra $15 all you can drink and the beer comes in these German sized mugs ... a couple of times I have quit drinking for few days.
I'm in Tokyo now if you have a tip for a good place to eat.

Loving all this skiing and boarding chatter didn't realise that there were a few of us on here with other passions outside of Sea Eagles. Any snowboarders or skiers drop by my Snowboard / Ski shop and mention you are a Silvertailer and I'll give you a 10% discount on anything in the shop. Although I'm born and bred Northern Beaches my shop is in Parra (the good end though ..... North Parra) scared of Parra then you can shop online.... www.essboardstoreparramatta.com.au

Loving all this skiing and boarding chatter didn't realise that there were a few of us on here with other passions outside of Sea Eagles. Any snowboarders or skiers drop by my Snowboard / Ski shop and mention you are a Silvertailer and I'll give you a 10% discount on anything in the shop. Although I'm born and bred Northern Beaches my shop is in Parra (the good end though ..... North Parra) scared of Parra then you can shop online.... www.essboardstoreparramatta.com.au

*Bump*

Top offer Sir!

I went snowboarding today....a balmy -17 degrees.

Now I shall have pizza.

(You should grab a business trip to Canada to 'check out' the ski resorts!)

-But maybe not Susan Ley style (stop ripping us off Pollies!)

*Bump*

Top offer Sir!

I went snowboarding today....a balmy -17 degrees.

Now I shall have pizza.

(You should grab a business trip to Canada to 'check out' the ski resorts!)

-But maybe not Susan Ley style (stop ripping us off Pollies!)

Nice. I am very jealous. Where did you go? It was 41C degrees out Parra way today.

I am going to Whistler end of Feb for two weeks. I've done lots of trips to USA and Japan over the years but never made it to Canada. Which is absolutely crazy I know...... I can't wait! I am already counting sleeps.

Ess hey? That's sweet! I bought my first pair of boots at the parra store years ago. Love the snow, got married at Thredbo but haven't been for two years. This year fingers crossed and will be my sons first ever in time for his first birthday

I

I'm in Tokyo now if you have a tip for a good place to eat.

The best all you can drink restaurant that I mentioned is in Shibuya it is level B1 under the TGI Friday which is near Tower records. It is next to a fishing restaurant that Looks fun. There are heaps of these type of all you can drink ,set menu restaurants in Shibuya but that one has particularly good food. Ebisu which is near Shibuya is quite famous for ramen. There is also a nice restaurant there on the top floor, or close to the top floor, of the office building at Ebisu Garden Place. It is a Hokkaido restaurant. Where in Tokyo are you? I have spent many years in this country and as you know Tokyo has many kind of small 'cities' within this city so I may know some places closer to where you are staying.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8