Welcome Anthony Seibold... and good luck

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
You'll need it!
I think Manly does actually have a really good roster so let's see what you can make with it.
By the way, this is your NRL coaching career on the line right here, right now.

us office presentation GIF

Hockey Analyse GIF by Saale Bulls

Interesting read about Seibold.. From the man himself.

"Let me tell you the story of Kannon Rajah.
If you don’t know him, he’s an old Sydney High student who has gone on to become one of the most successful fashion directors going around. He’s run the Victoria’s Secret runway event and pretty much every major fashion show around the world. Google him. It’s pretty impressive reading.
Kannon is a very creative bloke. We keep in touch all the time. He really challenges my thinking..."

Hmm. Victoria's Secret runway event. All righty then.
Everyone get set for a helluva ride, lol

I'm happy to give the bloke a go.
Lets see how the team performs in 2023, before putting the boot in.
Maybe we needed a change, I mean the place has felt stale for a while and I personally like Des and what he has done at Manly in the past, but we seemed off the pace in gameplan and playing personel and from my take, Des had control of both these key area's.
We may all be pleasantly suprised in what 2023 brings, so I'm a fair way off the doomsdayer calls without a ball being kicked.

"Let me tell you the story of Kannon Rajah.
If you don’t know him, he’s an old Sydney High student who has gone on to become one of the most successful fashion directors going around. He’s run the Victoria’s Secret runway event and pretty much every major fashion show around the world. Google him. It’s pretty impressive reading.
Kannon is a very creative bloke. We keep in touch all the time. He really challenges my thinking..."

Hmm. Victoria's Secret runway event. All righty then.
Everyone get set for a helluva ride, lol
How about a pre-season fashion parade with all members of the Manly squad and executive team resplendent in Manly pride jerseys.

That should get everyone on the same page to start the season @:D@:D:flogger:

NYEagle

A HUGE part of my assesment of Seibold will be his ability to attract players ...

Is he a drawcard ? ... or can he become one ?
Good question, Woodsie. I'm guessing he no longer has the "Bright Young Thing" appeal of Craig Fitzgibbon or Cameron Ciraldo, but even if all he does is provide a little stability, it can't hurt. Right now, if I was an NRL player (or a player agent), Manly would not nee high on my list of preferred destinations.

The bigger question might be, will he be allowed to attract players? The biggest worry about Penn's "premiership-winning team" statement (aside from its ridiculousness) is that it indicates he thinks we don't need new players - that all the pieces we need are already there. And he ain't about to loosen the purse strings…

The biggest worry about Penn's "premiership-winning team" statement (aside from its ridiculousness) is that it indicates he thinks we don't need new players - that all the pieces we need are already there. And he ain't about to loosen the purse strings…
The NRL pays each club the full salary cap amount. Penn's not allowed to pay more even if he wanted to.

A HUGE part of my assesment of Seibold will be his ability to attract players ...

Is he a drawcard ? ... or can he become one ?
I'm thinking that might start with the players he can retain. If the word then gets around (as I'm assuming it does amongst the players) that a move here won't destroy their career and might even enhance it, then maybe.

Good question, Woodsie. I'm guessing he no longer has the "Bright Young Thing" appeal of Craig Fitzgibbon or Cameron Ciraldo, but even if all he does is provide a little stability, it can't hurt. Right now, if I was an NRL player (or a player agent), Manly would not nee high on my list of preferred destinations.

The bigger question might be, will he be allowed to attract players? The biggest worry about Penn's "premiership-winning team" statement (aside from its ridiculousness) is that it indicates he thinks we don't need new players - that all the pieces we need are already there. And he ain't about to loosen the purse strings…

Fortunately the NRL pays for the players , not Penn ..

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4