Weekes - need's Blacktown ASAP

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
He's young. He'll learn. He's not doing what he did in the juniors. Maybe confidence. People on here knocked Tom Wright. Now a Wallaby. Albert Hopoate now a permanent Raider's winger, just scored 3 tries in his last match and in the last four matches made 160, 129, 175 and 217 metres, and other than missed tackles in the Manly game, missed none on the other three games. Yet he was determined not first grade material. Yeh. I suggest some on here fail to understand that most players cant be instant champion. Weekes has the skill. Give him time to develop. No one the Messiah in League

Weekes may be an Origin player in 3 years' time, but we have to deal with the here and now.

He hasn't yet done enough to command a spot in the top 17 after 11 games. I only see people here reasonably suggesting he could/should drop back to reserve grade for a while to improve his craft, instead of continuing to occupy a spot in the NRL side where he's currently not looking up to task in either attack or defence.

In one way, with the game changing to 18 players on game day required, as opposed to 13 or 15 in the old days, some players just don't get enough opportunities to ply their trade.

Tend to agree. Look at Bula at the west tigers. He debuted when they were going ordinary but still showed that he was up to it from the get go. Some have got it some haven’t.
I remember Jonathan Thurston was told he wasn't good enough or too small and the Dogs went and re-signed Brent Sherwin and Anasta on a motza deal. Players can develop themselves and need time. You are right some make it and some don't. I'm not prepared to write off Weekes yet.
We have a problem in that we have a coach that has poor record of developing players, so that in itself is a question that needs to be addressed.

I remember Jonathan Thurston was told he wasn't good enough or too small and the Dogs went and re-signed Brent Sherwin and Anasta on a motza deal. Players can develop themselves and need time. You are right some make it and some don't. I'm not prepared to write off Weekes yet.
We have a problem in that we have a coach that has poor record of developing players, so that in itself is a question that needs to be addressed.
Time is indeed the Nurturer that is needed for young players
In the mean time I think its best to give Weekes time in the NSW cup

That’s incorrect. Seibold brought through Carrigan, Flegler and co at the Broncos at the expense of the older players. Which is why he fell out. Ask Carrigan what he thinks about seibold. He speaks glowingly about him.

That’s incorrect. Seibold brought through Carrigan, Flegler and co at the Broncos at the expense of the older players. Which is why he fell out. Ask Carrigan what he thinks about seibold. He speaks glowingly about him.
I think David Fifita rates Seibold as well right? He brought Flegler and co in, but look where they finished and plus its not hard to bring in decent young players when you are coaching a club like the Broncos. They only developed under Walters.
You're kidding yourself if you think he's a decent coach.

Last edited:
I think David Fifita rates Seibold as well right? He brought Flegler and co in, but look where they finished and plus its not hard to bring in decent young players when you are coaching a club like the Broncos. They only developed under Walters.
You're kidding yourself if you think he's a decent coach.

I’m not sold on him yet but I’m willing to give him until 6 rounds into next year. Then I will bring out the pitchfork and burning stakes. 😂

That's not very nice. He may be not performing, but no reason to be a dik and calling him names.
I thought that was a very fair objective critique of his performance to date with multiple opportunities ( well beyond the opportunities others have received).

Perhaps I should further distinguish my suggestion as an adjective for his performance and not him as a person.

Jeez. Tough markers. 21 year old, playing just a few games at fullback (last weekend with 10 first graders out), when he came through the grades as a representative 5/8.

Be good to let the kid develop 5 minutes before we send him packing hey?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6