Wednesday's Back Page

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I've seen a lot of Hayne crap too, I have no idea where these rumours are coming from?!?!? It's even more crazy than all the manly staff and players rumours.

Forget Hayne. What about the niagra sized leak we have within our club that drip feeds a story to the press every day about the next person on the exit list. Who would do such a thing?????

Niagra sized leak, drip feeding? Oxymoron aside it is a huge problem, but some of it is re-hashing previous "information" to fill column inches. Others will be from player agents and the other information - well that would be speculation and we have been warned we can't speculate......

KOMORI said:
I think a lot of people need to take a very deep breath, and have a little think before posting up a wall of diatribe aimed at "those they deem responsible".

True, it's an average situation the club has seemingly found itself in: and one that a very determined media seems intent on deepening with every article.

To be honest, there's very, very little that we can do about it right? Sure, voicing your opinion on this board might make you FEEL better but achieves 2/10ths of stuff all.

So maybe it's time to be adults about the situation. Things change, clubs go through highs and lows, premierships come and go. Perhaps things could have been handles differently by the upper echelons of the club, but they have not, and more importantly nobody can change what's already been done.

So how about a little dignity? Show a bit of mental strength? Most importantly, DON'T FEED THE TROLLS!!!

Amen

Has anyone thought that it's possibly Hasler drip-feeding this info to the media?

I find it hard to believe that anyone that is staying would intentionally do more damage whereas poaching our coaching staff with a year remaining at the club proves De$ CAN'T be trusted.

I have changed my tune regarding Hasler from the start of this fiasco but now believe we must move him on now and bring Tooves in immediately to stop the bleeding.

I remain confident that we can keep our current roster and I'm sure the wheels are in motion to secure DCE and Foz long-term.

For now we should give the players some credit and have faith.

He thinks its a joke he rings up dean ritchie after each story is is published laughing telling him it's a good one.

What isn't well known is Des as well as the having issues with the football club board and perry has fallen out with Scott Penn. The situation is toxic.

Im over it all. I dont use the word hate very much,because I think it is a powerful word, but I will this one time,I HATE HASLER and I hope he falls flat on his face,he wont get all his own way over there,they have already shown their hand when cleal decided to go over there and then Warwick wasn't wanted anymore

Hasler has to be shown the door TODAY! And if we lose Foran so be it. Until Des leaves this will rip the club apart.

Just let him go so we can move on.

It's all just Daily telegraph rubbish. Not a peep from any other tabloid. Rothfield is just trolling this site and coming up with a 'story'. Manly are the league story of the moment. Complete rubbish..

All I'd ask of the people close to the club that are feeding the media these stories is Why? For what purpose? What's the point of it all if in the process Manly goes down the sink?

master blaster said:
Im over it all. I dont use the word hate very much,because I think it is a powerful word, but I will this one time,I HATE HASLER and I hope he falls flat on his face,he wont get all his own way over there,they have already shown their hand when cleal decided to go over there and then Warwick wasn't wanted anymore

You probably wanted to marry him 5 weeks ago.

If the board is in the same hotel it might mean Des has trouble offer them all contracts at the Dogs. I hear a few are getting jobs at this new Pacific Development out that way ;)

DSM5 said:
It's all just Daily telegraph rubbish. Not a peep from any other tabloid. Rothfield is just trolling this site and coming up with a 'story'. Manly are the league story of the moment. Complete rubbish..

I reckon you're on the money here. League wise (aside from the four nations) there's not a lot to write about, so why not pick a few comments from poster's on here and run with a story based on information from an "undisclosed source"?

It's typical gutter journalism, and with little chance of being pulled up on it given the amount of wild accusations flying about and lack of REAL information.... Why wouldn't you?? I bet that these news Ltd "journalists" are thoroughly enjoying the angst being displayed here...

It is true the telecrap take things from forum and print it.
A freind of mine who is a Souths fan did a test years ago and made something up about Souths and posted it on a forum and the next day it was in the telecrap.
It is no surprise print media is going down the drain.

Telegraph is from the Murdoch stable. Illegal phone interceptions, private detectives following and spying on kids, paying cops for info, all part of the news gathering cycle from this discredited corporation.

DSM5 said:
Telegraph is from the Murdoch stable. Illegal phone interceptions, private detectives following and spying on kids, paying cops for info, all part of the news gathering cycle from this discredited corporation.
Dodgy Journos in Wilson, Kent, Rothfield etc

I prefer Des to go now anyway so if that happens, I think its a good move. A bit more short term pain, but I think it helps in the long run.

Also IMO it might help us keep some players. One of the reasons why someone like Foran might want to move is because of the success he's had in playing under Des and the question marks they might have over a rookie coach. If those players have an off season and at least a start to next season before they make a contractual decision on where they want to play in 2013 they might realise they don't miss Des as much as they thought they would and be happy to stay.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6