Wednesday's Back Page

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Blowfly

Reserve Grader
Sorry to be the bearer of negativity but there will be an article titled "Hasler out. Foran next."

Says Hasler could be outed as early as Wednesday night & Foz may follow.

Will be furious if so after Foz stated he loved Manly & wanted his playing future there!

Find it hard to believe considering he's in England focusing on Four Nations.

It is the DT though so not exactly set in stone! They really love digging dirt on Manly hey!

MAtie not calling u a liar but it's 10pm NSW time if something like that is gonna be in the dt bulldog ritchie would have tweeted something bout nothing yet. God I hope I'm right and your wrong

I really don't care who wants to go with Des. I would rather people stay who want to be loyal to the club. Foran has stated before that he couldnt see himself being coached by any one else. As for Des, well i think they should get rid of him before 2012.

dowdz said:
I really don't care who wants to go with Des. I would rather people stay who want to be loyal to the club. Foran has stated before that he couldnt see himself being coached by any one else. As for Des, well i think they should get rid of him before 2012.

I agree if players start to go.

Also, unless Foran has an out clause (which is started by the club firing Des) he's with us until the end of 2013 so that's a load of crap. Just like they were wrong about Cleal and Warwick. I was surprised when they got Donny Singe correct. Must have been a lucky guess ;)

Hope you are wrong. I may be in the minority but I want Des to stay and win the comp next year. There will be something to prove and a seige mentality. 2013 can sort itself out. There will be time to build a very good staff.

I haven't waded into this one till now and i'll only mention this: if Foran goes to follow Des then is a combination of DCE/Riccardi bad?
I have no idea at the moment if Riccardi is with us now short term/long term/gone or if it'll even work, i just remember folks giving him wraps.

That is all, have a nice day everyone

Blowfly said:
Sorry to be the bearer of negativity but there will be an article titled "Hasler out. Foran next."

Will be furious if so after Foz stated he loved Manly & wanted his playing future there!

It is the DT though so not exactly set in stone! They really love digging dirt on Manly hey!

Confirmed

Same story says Toovey and Hasler have had a falling out.

Hasler will be at Canterbury next year but not as coach untill 2013

Will Badel is also leaving.

Snake has a get out clause.

These out clauses doesn't mean they will go. Canterbury would be close to their cap they spent heaps on that
Pommie

DUFFMAN said:
Blowfly said:

Confirmed

Hmmm wonder what it possibly could be over?

dowdz said:
DUFFMAN said:
Blowfly said:

Confirmed

Toovey jealous of De$$ie's hair
De$ jealous of tooves integrity and ethics

KOMORI said:
*waiting for this board to implode...

Agreed. That's just what we need, more unsubstantiated rumours to stoke the fire of the Silvertails posters.

dowdz said:
DUFFMAN said:
Blowfly said:

Confirmed

ditto

This would be the article in question:

THE crisis continues. Des Hasler could be sacked as early as tonight amid news that superstar five-eighth Kieran Foran is the next Sea Eagle poised to defect to Canterbury.
The Bulldogs will target Foran for 2013 - the same season current Canterbury five-eighth Kris Keating comes off contract.

And it can also be revealed that Foran's family want him to play his entire career under Hasler. Foran has a get-out clause at Manly should Hasler leave but intends to remain at Brookvale next season before deciding his long-term future.

But it's understood that the board could end Hasler's contract at a meeting tonight.

Hasler and incoming coach Geoff Toovey are thought to have fallen out over Foran's possible move to the Bulldogs.

Board members are also furious that Hasler has banned them from travelling with and staying in the team hotel for next year's World Club Challenge in the UK.

Already the Bulldogs have held top-level internal discussions about Foran.

With additional money through the NRL broadcasting deal in 2013, Canterbury will spend $1.8 million on him.

It's the latest blow to the premiers, who have already lost several staff members, including scouting director Noel Cleal. In more bad news for the club yesterday:

RISING forward Darcy Lussick has been linked to several clubs, including Parramatta.

EXPERT video analyst, Will Badel, a key contributor in Manly's premiership win and also used by Ricky Stuart in State of Origin this year, appears ready to leave Manly. Several clubs are chasing Badel, including the Dogs.

Even if sacked by Manly before the start of next season, it's unlikely Hasler would coach Canterbury in 2012.

Hasler would allow Jim Dymock to coach but shift to Belmore in a consultancy and advisory role before taking over the top job in 2013.

Foran, 21, is in England representing New Zealand at halfback in the Four Nations.

This year, Foran and halfback Daly Cherry-Evans combined to shock rugby league by manoeuvring Manly to the NRL title.

Manly's off-season has been terrible since the board's bumbling negotiations with Hasler and COO David Perry terminating 40-year Manly man Peters.

Fans are filthy at Bob Reilly, the Leagues Club and football club chairman who holds the balance of power, over the on-going bungles. Reilly has been under intense pressure to stand down but is ignoring calls from diehard fans.

Perry has presided over a disaster since he took over with players and some coaching staff refusing to speak with him. Should Foran leave, he would reunite with former Sea Eagle Trent Hodkinson at the Canterbury scrum base.

There were also rumours yesterday that Brett Stewart, who also has a get-out clause, could leave Manly but Canterbury has not discussed the former Test fullback.

Source: http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/nrl/manly-sea-eeagles-coach-des-hasler-could-be-sacked-tonight-as-bulldogs-target-young-star-kieran-foran/story-e6frfgbo-1226189466307

The part in bold suggests to me that the Bulldogs are considering chasing Foran - not that Foran is in negotiations with the Bulldogs..

Wow. haha

Ah well. Might as well clear out the traitors now. Why carry them on.

We might Lose Foran etc.. but we free up cash to buy replacements. Players are not irreplaceable.

Brett owes us. If he goes.. well.. ill save the abuse for when he does go. All the support the fans and club gave him during his tough times.. paid him 2 years for sitting on the sidelines.. signed his brother when noone would.. gave him his start.. 2 premierships...

Foran can go if his the new 'Boyd' who follows a coach around. Soft.

Move Lyon to 5/8 with Cherry and sign a new centre. Or sign a new 5/8.

Des... well.. your the biggest #%@ there is. Use the board as an excuse.. Bellamy and other coaches who have situations in the past wouldnt have done this to a club they loved. Good riddance. Quicker the better.

Bring on the Toovey era.

I think a lot of people need to take a very deep breath, and have a little think before posting up a wall of diatribe aimed at "those they deem responsible".

True, it's an average situation the club has seemingly found itself in: and one that a very determined media seems intent on deepening with every article.

To be honest, there's very, very little that we can do about it right? Sure, voicing your opinion on this board might make you FEEL better but achieves 2/10ths of stuff all.

So maybe it's time to be adults about the situation. Things change, clubs go through highs and lows, premierships come and go. Perhaps things could have been handles differently by the upper echelons of the club, but they have not, and more importantly nobody can change what's already been done.

So how about a little dignity? Show a bit of mental strength? Most importantly, DON'T FEED THE TROLLS!!!

manlyfan said:
In more bad news for the club yesterday:

Foran, 21, is in England representing New Zealand at halfback in the Four Nations.

Ummmm, I just ..... well...... i'm speechless. This is absolutely shocking news for our club!!!

• 👍
Reactions: ads
i'm all for des calling it quits and letting toovs step in, but to think foz may do a boyd - its a bit hard to swallow. in the article it states that foran's family want him to play under des for the rest of his career. and to top it all off there is talks of him defecting to the dogs in '13 but wants to remain at the sea eagles for '12. That will go down very well, a player commiting to a club a whole year before his contract expires. Hopefully the NRL take a note from epl and introduce a transfer period so this sort of **** doesnt happen.

in other news i was on thekennel sifting through what the bulldogs fans are saying, and i came across a reply in a thread and i've heard people talking about it over the last 3 days - about the hayne-plane signing with us. imo althought on his day he can be a fantastic player but more so than not he is rather average and ive always thought he has an ego the size of the pacific ocean. What are your guys thoughts? and/if you've heard anything?

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2