• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
No defending any one tonight mate . Who ever defends any player after tonights effort is living in denial .

It appears we have lost our mojo in the last couple of weeks and next week is our chance to turn things around.

Hopefully we can get back to our best next week .
Your living on memes my fine feathered friend

Totally agree with all that but to be honest DCE is an issue too, I used to defend him, but he is appearing more and more like a flat track bully.

People here will defend him, but honestly he is looking more and more of an issue to my eyes
But he does stay behind training and spend extra hours practicing field goals on both his left and right foot...

Now, if we could only get him to stay behind and work on his ability to lead a team around the park when facing true adversity (outside of golden point).

How did we lose our way in attack surely one turbo shouldn’t have that much of an affect how do the other sides do it ffs.
If I reflect back I recall many a game where we looked impotent in attack without Turbo. It seems we are rudderless without the Turbo factor playing in.

There are no weak links when we’re playing as a team & winning.We’ve proved that the fact we’ve beaten 3 of the top four sides.
So, what happened that caused this team to stop playing as a team? We lost a couple of players and suddenly stopped being a team?

FMD there are some geese on this site. What did you think was going to happen tonight. Manly’s season ended last week when Tom t’s pec tore. What were you all expecting after that? The fact is they have had a really good year and will improve next year. Anyone who thought they were serious premiership threats are delusional. Just enjoy the fact they are playing finals don’t bag players or the coach who have overachieved and busted their guts to get to this point despite injury and inexperience. Some of you posters on here are sometimes sidetracked in your passion for the club. It’s been a good year. Don’t stress about what was always going to be an ambush.

FMD there are some geese on this site. What did you think was going to happen tonight. Manly’s season ended last week when Tom t’s pec tore. What were you all expecting after that? The fact is they have had a really good year and will improve next year. Anyone who thought they were serious premiership threats are delusional. Just enjoy the fact they are playing finals don’t bag players or the coach who have overachieved and busted their guts to get to this point despite injury and inexperience. Some of you posters on here are sometimes sidetracked in your passion for the club. It’s been a good year. Don’t stress about what was always going to be an ambush.
I expected that Des instilled some teamwork and resilience back in the club. I expected that this team wasn't hanging its performances on the one media superstar, but would play for each other as a team with self belief and confidence in the team. That said, I agree that it has been an enjoyable resurgence this year and brought back pride and belief in this club. Thank you Manly..

How did we lose our way in attack surely one turbo shouldn’t have that much of an affect how do the other sides do it ffs.
Not having Tommy Turbo wasn't the only reason we lost tonight. I think that we have really missed Joel Thompson the last two weeks too for what he brings to the side in defence, attack and leadership.

Des playing Garrick at fullback and Elliot on the wing was a mistake too.

Garrick has been great on the wing this year and Elliot filled in well at fullback when Tom was out earlier in the season and I don't think Reuben played that well at fullback last week either but we had no other option to fill that position last week with Elliot out of the side.

Dessie's use of Api and Fainu has been a big let down as well.

Manase adds spark to the side and points seem to follow. Api, while he has been great for us over the last few years (except for some of his passing) just doesn't seem to have the same effect and lately seems more of a liability with dropped balls and knock-ons.

Manase needs to spend a lot more time on the field than what Des has been letting him have and Api, a lot less.

Our hopes of going deep into the finals vanished last week against Melbourne and, I'm sad to say, we've got little chance of being competitive next week no matter who we meet.

I will take one more week and little chance over missing out and being no chance. Even if I think the same.

Last night we were missing Thommo, Tom, Jetski and Boyle. And during the game we lost Paseka (knee), Siro (calf), Parker (HIA) and Fainu (shoulder??).

For some reason I honestly can't fathom, Des also decided to tinker with the line up and had Garrick at fullback, Elliot on the wing, AFB starting in the back row, Paseka at prop and Waddell on the bench. It didn't work. Elliot was a weak link on the wing for the most part with very soft defence, and the Worms used AFB's lack of pace to good effect out wide, especially with their second try. Our combinations, already down missing a quarter of the regular side, were thrown for a complete loop and it wasn't until the second half that we started to get a handle on things. And even then it wasn't great.

DCE is also out of sorts. Right now I think he's playing injured and it appears that maybe he came back too soon from his ankle injury in his desire to play for Qld. But that is just an uneducated guess. But it honestly wouldn't surprise me that if we lose next week and our season is officially finished, expect some sort of announcement that he's having ankle surgery.

And for whatever reason, ever since his signing with Penrith was announced, Api has been close to woeful which has been the last two games. His defence has been OK, but his dummy half passing is back to his 2016 level.....and I don't need to remind people how bad that was.

Suli's defence in the past two weeks has turned to slush and Jorge's hands are like he looked at Medusa.....they're stone.

On a positive note, I thought Sean Keppie handled it well in his first grade debut.

As for next week? I hope some sort of normal lineup takes the field and that we just rip in, win, lose or draw.

Jeez some of you lot are hard markers.

We are in the finals at 6.If A few things had have gone our way top 4.

The boys have done amazing even if we go out next week. This time last year it was a race for the spoon....

DCE is flat after a long season surf but hes still a champion. How bout we lay off a bit.

DCE plain and simple. But according to many he is playing injured. He must of injured that muscle that stops you playing like a responsible first grade halfback and act like a cattle dog chasing 8 tennis balls.

It may as well be DSE , because when the going gets tough he wants to be Daly "someone else" to do it. He hides in crucial moments except if we get to his golden point spectacle . Kicks like a bitch and never gets us home in the last 10 minutes but extra time and ooo la la , the magic man

The very first kick of the match he positioned himself on some narrow arse blindside, against the angle and as a result we kicked poorly from play 1. That is our captain looking to run it or hide from the duties. again

Nice guy, talented enough but his deal and subsequent output, and the extra additions squad wise to compensate for what he promises but never delivers has us hamstrung for another 4 years.

We cant retain this core group until then

I know people hate it but its a footy forum not tv ****ing week .

Last night we were missing Thommo, Tom, Jetski and Boyle. And during the game we lost Paseka (knee), Siro (calf), Parker (HIA) and Fainu (shoulder??).
Not a comment on last nights game but losing Tof Sipley so early in the year was a real shame, he was really hitting his straps when his season was cruelled by that knee injury.

In my opinion Tof provides far more than Paseka, Boyle and even Waddell who has been very disappointing recently after a bright and promising start. After what I saw last night I’d keep Keppie in the team over Waddell.

Still think we have a competitive squad at full strength with a few rising stars coming through and the rookies this year only to get better next year. Dce is flat, suli maybe playing on a busted ankle as he also seems not 100% and so many missing and disrupted combinations.

Looking to the future biggest issue is does dez stick with walker as a running 5/8 or go back to a traditional 5/8 with Cust or Crocker.

Think it will depend if Walker can fix his defence at centre and if DCE needs an organisational type half to direct forwards and improve our 5th tackle kicking.

Happy with the season. The Draw was horrible and any side would have struggled with the run home we had. My real disappointments were a couple of wins we should have bagged mid season against the Titans and Warriors. Injuries have also been unkind to us as have the referees. So all in all a good effort to make the 8. I admit I got a bit delirious for a while even fanaticising a grand final appearance.

Still think we have a competitive squad at full strength with a few rising stars coming through and the rookies this year only to get better next year. Dce is flat, suli maybe playing on a busted ankle as he also seems not 100% and so many missing and disrupted combinations.

Looking to the future biggest issue is does dez stick with walker as a running 5/8 or go back to a traditional 5/8 with Cust or Crocker.

Think it will depend if Walker can fix his defence at centre and if DCE needs an organisational type half to direct forwards and improve our 5th tackle kicking.

Dce couldnt just do some of the organising himself . Why is it always someone elses job

I dont really like housework and was never really any good at it until the mrs said hey buddy why dont you stay home and watch the kids and ill work. Far out i good quick. It was against my natural instincts to not zone out or go to the beach, have a coldie with lunch , it wasnt my natural game but i had a go because I saw the rewards.

He tries hard but rarely tries to be patient or smart and costs us. Currently we bust our arses being an effort team and he has a bag full of shortcuts to help the big men, and keeps them on ice because it appears he doesnt think to use them

Even last weeks 40/20 was 30 seconds after smith tried one. Gee that looks like a good idea

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8