We will be out of the semis in 2 weeks

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
susan said:
No sky falling in Fluffy.Injuries etc have left us with an almost impossible task.The healthiest team in the top 4 at years end invariably wins and that ain't us.No embarrassment in that....having said that the club needs to address issues that will effect the club in the future and deal with them decisively.You only have to look at the Tigers to see the result of player power gone mad.I support Manly Warringah,not the individuals who are lucky enough to wear the jersey.

I didn't post in reply to you, only read a few posts before I replied, it just happened you were the last to reply at that time

I expected a loss tonight due to injuries/rest.

I think BJ and Brett would have played if we needed to win and as soon as you start resting players then it is near on impossible to get players up, especially against a top 5 team

From what I am hearing there wil be seven or eight current first graders leaving the club next year. So they can sit out the season on principal because they are all contracted to Manly.

dowdz said:
Who cares if we are! I am just happy my team makes it for 2 weeks of the finals. Jesus, we can't be in a gf every year. It's been a great season from a great club.

It's been a great year no matter what happens.

A win next week or the week after and we are one game away from another grand final.

strone33 said:
I'm certain

The last month has been garbage, some players look like they don't wanna be there, I believe there will be big dramas over the off season and we can say good bye to foran, Stewart and Matai.

I'll disagree if it's ok with you

You'll be ok if I remind you of this at the appropriate time won't you ?

I just must have more faith in our players. But anyway, one of us will be right. Maybe I'm the fool.

strone33 said:
strone33 said:
the mauler said:
... me dead... Here we go again!!!

There are massive dramas behind the scenes, I have info on it. We will be out in straight sets

Info comes from a source close to the club Something serious is going on within the club. They dont want to win, arent happy and dont want to play anymore

I can't name names sorry, but trust me

While I have no information, this is the scenario that makes the most sense to me. Internal **** must be distracting this team.

I guess next week will be an indication of how this squad is feeling and how much they want to win. If we don't lift the intensity well above that exhibited in the last month then we will be cannon fodder. We have the talent, but do we have the desire ? All the other top 4 sides have stepped it up and are tapering nicely into the finals, we are limping in.

Top End Eagle said:
From what I am hearing there wil be seven or eight current first graders leaving the club next year. So they can sit out the season on principal because they are all contracted to Manly.
Well that's great news, if true, because I heard it was 13 or 14.
Trust me. Trust me. Truuuusst me! Please, I beg you to trust me.

I was gonna bring this up in another thread a week or two ago but with the salary cap and an uneven draw we don't get a standout team anymore.

As some examples
2007 - We came into the GF blowing smoke, we had years of rebuilding but weren't quite there*
2008 - We were even on points but only -13pts off being Minor Premiers and the Storm had to play 3 tough finals games v our two easy wins with the week off.
It was our time.
2009 -We went out in week 1 due to Parra being on a roll which carried them to the GF and their run had to end eventually. The Dragons, Dogs and Titans didn't believe.*
2010 - It was the Dragons time and they only snuck into the GF by a point.
2011 - The Storm came in limping and the Warriors somehow arsed a GF appearance but couldn't back it up
2012 - We were cooked by the semis
2013 - Whoever won the first semi was in the box seat, we played three tough matches and we were running on empty by the time of the GF
2014 - see above

Threre is absolutely NO advantage to being 1st or 2nd if you are a Sydney team.
Eg, if the Cowboys run 5th, they get a home semi in Townsville whereas Sydney teams get to play at Easts, Souths or Dogs home grounds - not even Penrith or Parra get a home semi

We went into tonight without five of out top 17.
All the talk at the beginning of the year was that we were an ageing squad with no depth so to come into Rd 26 where we were is a joy.

As much as we are Manly fans and expect success, if we are honest, with the crap that has gone on and the fact that we were always an injury or two away from disaster I'm as content as I can be.
I've not given up hope and have enjoyed the ride thus far.

Chin up people, there's always next week...and the week after...and hopefully the week after.

* don't really count due to salary cap dramas

simon64 said:
strone33 said:
I'm certain

The last month has been garbage, some players look like they don't wanna be there, I believe there will be big dramas over the off season and we can say good bye to foran, Stewart and Matai.

I'll disagree if it's ok with you

You'll be ok if I remind you of this at the appropriate time won't you ?

I just must have more faith in our players. But anyway, one of us will be right. Maybe I'm the fool.

Of course, not a problem chief :)

Reality is that our forward pack is not a premiership winning pack. Kite was a massive loss, add to that Glenn Stewart being out all season and it shows why we are struggling. We have finished in second because guys like Watmough and Lawrence give 120% every week and Buhrer stepped up. However Dunamis, JSL, Starling and Horo are all bench players at best. Im not having a go at them, because they all put in every week and sometimes they step up and play blinders but they just dont have that experience and steel that our old pack had. We won GF's with class journey men who knew how to back up strong performances with stronger ones, guys like Joe G, Shane Rodney etc backing up the main men in our pack like Kite, G Stewart, Watmough. We had a fearsome pack that had experience and then some. Now we have a pack of young guys that arent stand out young players and they cant perform the same every week like our older guys. I said earlier in the year that JSL is a bit of a cat and he is. Any front rower who runs sideways is not a front rower in my opinion the most a front rower should have is a jink before the line or maybe half a step like Lawrence. But crabbing sideways shows me that he isnt prepared to smash himself up to get the result. Dunamis can be a bit erratic but he would be fine if he had plenty of experience around him but he doesnt. I would have left a couple of these guys out of the squad and kept G Stewart but unfortunately Stewarts injury history in the last couple of years i think has scared the club into thinking we needed to get in some new blood. Fact is until we buy a legit big mongrel prop like JWH or even an older experienced one like Luke O'Donnell was to Roosters last year, to start with Lawrence we are going to struggle everytime we take on the bigger sides. We cant keep relying on Matai to do the forwards dirty work. We struck gold with Lawrence but really the rest of the newbies are just making up numbers at the moment.

There is internal bickering at every club but these blokes at NRL level have a competative streak and pride to overcome "wanting to lose"
If they go out, it will be based on injuries, not giving up??
I wonder what team ppl have been watching, Cows would have beat most teams by 40 plus on the night...and Manly minus 5 class players hung in, not a great performance but certainly not throwing it away.

At least we're in the finals. Whether players want to leave or stay is beyond our control and stressing about it will achieve diddly squat.
It's not time to put up the white flag yet. If we're in it we can win it.....and the off season can go f**k itself.

Jace the happy Rabbitoh?? emailed me and said game, set and match. Said his Bunnies pack will destroy us and Kingy will have another "headlights" moment from Origin when the Burgesses smash him. :dodgy: He reckons signing crap like Tom Symonds is why we are stuffed. I am confident we will turn this around.We have the talent.

Darren said:
Jace the happy Rabbitoh?? emailed me and said game, set and match. Said his Bunnies pack will destroy us and Kingy will have another "headlights" moment from Origin when the Burgesses smash him. :dodgy: He reckons signing crap like Tom Symonds is why we are stuffed. I am confident we will turn this around.We have the talent.

I do like that Souffs will be massive favorites again, but not much else to smile about.

Darren said:
I think he might be right. :(

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4