We Need this bloke

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Dan link said:
[quote author=Rusty link=topic=185438.msg297145#msg297145 date=1285217895]
[quote author=Dan link=topic=185438.msg297140#msg297140 date=1285217740]
please let him play at the Sunny Coast. I will know where I will be for their home games :)

Manly players can't play on the Sunshine Coast next year Dan, that deal is over.
[/quote]

Do you not read the news articles Rusty?

http://www.silvertails.net/articles/news/35-lower-grades/5165-qld-cup-manly-link-still-flying

There is still hope for that link and I think fair enough too until they get the reserve grade back up and running.

The sunny coast as a region has massive potential and funnily enough is so much the same as the Northern beaches is is almost scary, council included. If they can get the government and council approval to build a stadium at Stockland park, I can see a team up there eventually
[/quote]

I did read the article, and as far as I am aware there will be no dual-registration next year, excepting if there is a huge backflip on behalf of the NSWRL. We can talk to Gallop all we like and it wont do any good, its not his decision or his organization making the decision, all he can do is apply pressure to change the decision. The connection is clearly still there and hopefully we will be allowed to send players up there at some point again, but I highly doubt it will be until after we have an Independent Commission.

Dan link said:
[quote author=Rusty link=topic=185438.msg297145#msg297145 date=1285217895]
[quote author=Dan link=topic=185438.msg297140#msg297140 date=1285217740]
please let him play at the Sunny Coast. I will know where I will be for their home games :)

Manly players can't play on the Sunshine Coast next year Dan, that deal is over.
[/quote]

Do you not read the news articles Rusty?

http://www.silvertails.net/articles/news/35-lower-grades/5165-qld-cup-manly-link-still-flying

There is still hope for that link and I think fair enough too until they get the reserve grade back up and running.

The sunny coast as a region has massive potential and funnily enough is so much the same as the Northern beaches is is almost scary, council included. If they can get the government and council approval to build a stadium at Stockland park, I can see a team up there eventually
[/quote]
Lets hope they never have to relocate Dan,that said if ever that day does occur I've always hoped it would be the Sunny Coast.

Thankyou, that made my day.

Speed is an amazing asset in Rugby League.
Our quickest two blokes were missing this year.
That video shows how lethal he is in attack, I reckon you could make one just as good on tries he saves.

Can't wait for next year!

If he comes through the court case, we will need to send DSM down to training daily to report on his knees in just as much detail, as they are a major concern. 

that was so good to watch.

he wont be firing on all cylinders, and his confidence willl take a while to return.

can he take action on those initial reports? it seems that what was reported was just, well, wrong.. and hasnt even been alleged by the crown.. so god knows where the media pulled them from.

A joy to watch!

Not sure if it's been discussed here before, but what do people think about Brett at 5/8?  I know how good a full back he is, but I reckon Foran at half and Brett at 5/8 could be a good combo? 

Honestly, Foran kind of reminds me of Travis Burns. Plays with a lot of heart, good defence but only seems to have step...Not a lot of creativity.

Hopefully DCE brings that into the side.

Thanks for posting this.

I really enjoyed looking back & rue that he hasn't been here for two seasons.

All being good we will get to see this stuff again next season.

Cheers.

Mark If his knee is right he will have had pretty much an uninterupted preseason and will be starting on the same page as the rest.

Fro link said:
No way known he would play up there Mark, even half way to fitness and form he will be there.

If he's available he'll be playing.
you got that right..  damn straight he will be..

Mark from Brisbane link said:
I know what you are saying Fro but how do they ease him back?

Bowen spent some time at the feeder club (I think...not sure on that) before returning to first grade......I would just hate to see him come back and have it happen again.....this time I fear it would be terminal.
mark he has the whole offseason to get ready he already did it last off season & that was from round 5 this time he started from round 1 , he has had plenty of time ,if this yr he was still the fastest in the club over all he will be again next season, he isnt disadvantaged as all the other players wont be match fit either ,come 1st round 2011.. i have always  said give him 6 round`s, a quarter of the season before we pass judgement..

The Gronk link said:
If he comes through the court case, we will need to send DSM down to training daily to report on his knees in just as much detail, as they are a major concern. 

Gronk,  Not if he comes through, when he gets through it which I think won't be too far away.

Seaeagle63 link said:
[quote author=The Gronk link=topic=185438.msg297188#msg297188 date=1285223516]

Gronk,  Not if he comes through, when he gets through it which I think won't be too far away.
[/quote]

ffs just let the bloody court make the decision.  Its not a footy match.

"Get em onside your honour!"

What he did say to me (when I was talking to him at the GC function) was that in some ways you are better with both knees haveing been reconstructed than just one....he said (and he didn't even know he was doing it) that he was "favouring" his good leg whilst taking care of the bad one and that probably got him into trouble earlier this year.

So perhaps (here's hoping) he will be better off in 2011 than he was in 2010.

I had to change my pants after watching that....

I hope he's fully fit and ready to go for the full year next year.

The Gronk link said:
[quote author=Seaeagle63 link=topic=185438.msg297427#msg297427 date=1285290513]
[quote author=The Gronk link=topic=185438.msg297188#msg297188 date=1285223516]

Gronk,  Not if he comes through, when he gets through it which I think won't be too far away.
[/quote]

ffs just let the bloody court make the decision.  Its not a footy match.

"Get em onside your honour!"
[/quote]
I think mr Gronk was refering to his knees as being a concern not the pending judicial process. The knees are a massive concern and confidence is at about 10%. From the horses mouth. However the confidence is most likely be due to other issues also.

I remember Brett at training pre-season this year. Gut instinct, and nothing else, says he will be good to go at #1.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4