We need an Ex Manly Player as Coach...simple

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Harold Johnson, I think his name was, from Souths was our 1st imported coach back in the late 40s.

Didn't end well !!

What if we just have Des not manage the Salary Cap? Would you be ok with signing him then? I agree the him controlling the cap would be worrying although as long as he cant i'm more than happy to bring him back where he belongs

This is passion...
The end of his Dogs reign, where he was given everything a coach could want or need doesn't fill me confidence in regards to his current abilities. It's not 2008 any more. The games changed and he didn't.

The end of his Dogs reign, where he was given everything a coach could want or need doesn't fill me confidence in regards to his current abilities. It's not 2008 any more. The games changed and he didn't.
Yes indeed, he was there 5 years for 4 finals series and 2 GF's and had one bad year in the last year finishing 11th. He made the finals every year from 2005 to 2016, made 5 GF's in that 12 year stretch and won two premierships.

Since your benchmark of 2008 it is 9 Finals series from 10 years, 4 GF's, 2 Premierships and 1 bad year in 2017. Yep, his record certainly seems to suggest the game has left him behind.

To be honest, I would take 11th place right now because at the moment we are genuine contenders for the Spoon.

I'd settle for Madge at this moment...

At least with someone like Madge we know we'd be getting a premiership winning coach. And not one from an age and two ago either.

Personally I think he got shafted at Souffs.

Did you know that Michael Maguire, wearing #23 (remember the old SL numbering system??).....played fullback for the Adelaide Rams in their first ever SL competition game against the Cows in Townsville in 1997.

Still, sadly I think its optimistic that Barrett will be let go anytime soon.

713557-huuuuugh-jaaackman.jpg

Coach Wolverine would get results.

I wish Wolverine would buy the club from the Penn's......

AND many threads that pointed out that as a coach he lost the player group when he aligned with Qantum to not offer Gifty a contract.

To be fair the only players he seemingly lost were the so-called senior player clique - i.e. the Stewart's and Choc as well as Foran. And of them only Snake was left by the time Tooves got shafted. Gifty was at Souffs and both Choc and Foran had pissed off (and none too quietly) to join the Dalai at Doesn't-matta. But also by then the damage was done. That group was close to Zorba who is family with the Penn's and Tooves, although actually neutral, was seen as being on the Quantum side because he was used as their mouthpiece to tell Gifty that we couldn't offer him a decent contract, and that was that. And when the Penn's bought out Quantum, Tooves, a club legend who bleeds maroon and white, got shafted not just out of the coaching position but out of the club.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8