• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
This post was making a great deal of sense........ then you had to mention the F word!!

are you related to Bif? We don’t need Foran! Why do people have a fascination with Foran.... he is yesterdays hero! What do you do when he gets busted again! He gave us his best .... his mind may be willing but his body is Weak!
Let’s focus on getting Fainu back and building for the future... there are no quick fixes

Just sayin’

#ForanonJobSeeker
Screenshot_20200912-220937_Google.jpg

If this does happen its going to be pretty funny watching your melt down. If it doesn't... meh. I have faith in Des and like what the Schu brought his first game.

Ps the best part will be watching you hide your glee and jubilation when Forans running our team and we look like pros kicking ass like we should be. With no decent 9 we need an experienced player in the halves to make up for that. Dont really see any good 9s out there at the moment. Cust could become that guy with ballin and Mona's teaching him.

Last edited:
View attachment 15439
If this does happen its going to be pretty funny watching your melt down. If it doesn't... meh. I have faith in Des and like what the Schu brought his first game.

Ps the best part will be watching you hide your glee and jubilation when Forans running our team and we look like pros kicking ass like we should be. With no decent 9 we need an experienced player in the halves to make up for that. Dont really see any good 9s out there at the moment. Cust could become that guy with ballin and Mona's teaching him.
Hmmmm.... One of Us has put his money where his mouth is ......and the other....well that’s you!

just sayin!
#ForanonJobSeeker.

This post was making a great deal of sense........ then you had to mention the F word!!

are you related to Bif? We don’t need Foran! Why do people have a fascination with Foran.... he is yesterdays hero! What do you do when he gets busted again! He gave us his best .... his mind may be willing but his body is Weak!
Let’s focus on getting Fainu back and building for the future... there are no quick fixes

Just sayin’

#ForanonJobSeeker
Haha I think Biff is an only child, they only made one and threw away the mould.
Kindred spirits maybe ? I enjoy bourbon pretty sure he does too..
Specially when we're downing them in celebration of the return of Foran.

Why Foran ? Why Foran ? for the reasons you pointed out his mind baby, his mind to show young shoe how to be the Shoe of Foran.
Plus he will spend so much time in rehab the Shoe will get plenty of game time and not feel threatened that he has to leave to get a first grade gig.

It's not a quick fix it's the simple solution
#thesimplesolution
#foran2021seaeagle

I think we’ll be right with the Shoe. Benji making special mention after last weeks game of the way he demanded the ball, and was calling plays in his debut. That’s some pretty high praise. I get the feeling he’s mature beyond his years. I think we’ll be sweet.

I think so too Shoe will be good and how much better will he be with Foran and DCE to mentor him. The best of both worlds.

Love it again that the Thread is called 'we need a 9' and according to some its still all DCEs fault. Keep flogging that dead horse lads. FFS
Not saying it's DCE's fault at all but it's all related, game management and composure just isn't DCE strong point so either a 6 or 9 needs to be one to compliment what DCE brings to the team.
Simple as that, no horse flogging required.

Not saying it's DCE's fault at all but it's all related, game management and composure just isn't DCE strong point so either a 6 or 9 needs to be one to compliment what DCE brings to the team.
Simple as that, no horse flogging required.
If I was a horse I'd be terrified.

Everything in a side is related.

Since Foran left tell me one player other than DCE who would make another side as an out and out playmaker.

None.

If I was a horse I'd be terrified.

Everything in a side is related.

Since Foran left tell me one player other than DCE who would make another side as an out and out playmaker.

None.
Green to warriors then to knights then to hospital
Kapow after his 2 grubbers this year scoring haha

Again I am not bagging DCE I want him in the side as our half but he isn't everything to everyone and a choice 6 or 9 who picks up the slack would improve us and Chez.

Green to warriors then to knights then to hospital
Kapow after his 2 grubbers this year scoring haha

Again I am not bagging DCE I want him in the side as our half but he isn't everything to everyone and a choice 6 or 9 who picks up the slack would improve us and Chez.
Of course he's not everyone's cup of tea but I feel he gets a flogging for everything all because the club attempted to **** him over with Foran only for it to backfire. The club offered the 1.2 million. The club could have had him for 800k. The club ****ed up and now its all the guys fault for accepting a deal we would all jump at in his position.

I agree to a point with that. I don't have an issue DCE contract, the club brought that on themselves and Foran screwed us over when he was young and with little head problems.

I am not flogging DCE but he has short comings that can be a cheap good value simple fix if we open our minds to constructive critism and solutions that aren't complicated, are simple and cost effective and bringing Foran home is as simple as it gets there by solving the 9 issue indirectly.

I've lost my stick now and my horse but I still have a carrot
#thesimplesolutiin
#Foran2021SeaEagle

I am not flogging DCE but he has short comings that can be a cheap good value simple fix if we open our minds to constructive critism and solutions that aren't complicated, are simple and cost effective and bringing Foran home is as simple as it gets there by solving the 9 issue indirectly.
The simple and cost effective solution is moving on the guy who can't do what he is paid to do and has totally clogged-up our ability to buy essential troops when needed because of the size of his salary.:eek:

Just sayin’

#ForanonJobSeeker
The only problem with Foran is his fitness issues. He's better than anything we have when it comes to game managing imo. If we can get him cheap which we should considering his injury problems then it's a no brainer for me. He's still got the fire in him to succeed. He would help us win a premiership. Go Manly

The only problem with Foran is his fitness issues. He's better than anything we have when it comes to game managing imo. If we can get him cheap which we should considering his injury problems then it's a no brainer for me. He's still got the fire in him to succeed. He would help us win a premiership. Go Manly
Bro you said it all in your first sentence!
You cannot play good footy sitting on an exercise bike in the rehab room!

just sayin!

Bro you said it all in your first sentence!
You cannot play good footy sitting on an exercise bike in the rehab room!

just sayin!
I know dude,
But His luck with injuries has to change at some point surely, same with Tommy.
If he's cheap enough, like I said, I'd take the gamble. If it fails we have Shuster, walker and Cust to play 6 but, If it comes off ... Potentially Premiership. Worth the gamble.

I know dude,
But His luck with injuries has to change at some point surely, same with Tommy.
If he's cheap enough, like I said, I'd take the gamble. If it fails we have Shuster, walker and Cust to play 6 but, If it comes off ... Potentially Premiership. Worth the gamble.
$400k for Foran or upgrades for shoey and others or investing in a 9?
we do have a salary cap!

Issue with Cust at 9 is Defence. Hookers make 40-50 tackles per game quite often and need a high efficiency rate - would Cust be conditioned to do that and retain any for of attack? I'm not convinced. Having said that his tackle efficiency is high 80%'s - which is very close to Levi (Levi has made 3-4 times more tackles however) - but most hookers need low-mid 90's looking at the standouts like Cook/Scam/Api.

Someone mentioned Peats - he plays dummy half and only passes, he never runs. There is making poor decisions - which is said about Levi here - and there is making no decisions. Other teams will work out pretty quick that our dummy half never runs the ball and just hone in on the first receiver.

With a fit Fainu - even rotating on/off with Levi - we'd be fine.

$400k for Foran or upgrades for shoey and others or investing in a 9?
we do have a salary cap!
Didn't Foran leave the club in a pretty bad way? Although Des returning after his split hasn't been a disaster...but it hasn't been a roaring success yet either. Just can't imagine that everyone at Manly HQ would be cool with us throwing him a lifeline and waltzing back into the starting side given his recent few years.

I always liked Foran as a player, but his fearless trademark style of play - ie putting his body on the line - just further contributes to his injuries now, which is unfortunate. For him to play the role we want him to, he will be putting himself in the firing line and that increases his injury risk in the game today. Guy is held together with wood-glue and stick-tape at this point, and as romantic as the idea sounds of a premiership with Foran/DCE in the halves, its just not realistic.

I also think it sends the wrong message to the future players we are trying to develop to bring in guys like Foran & Benji as a player taking a roster spot & Salary cap space. If they are retired and want to join the coaching team, no issue with that however - just don't take a spot of a promising prospect as they will simply look elsewhere.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2