• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The win or loss against this game is irrelevant. Today was all about the future. Schuster showed he will be a star, we need Funa, Hoppa, Schuster and Olakau-atu to finish the season and be ready for next year.
Our BIG issue is #9. Levi proved again he is ok but not the answer, he just always goes the wrong way and shoots when he shouldn't.
With the young guns coming through and Suli,Turbo and Walker to come back in we will be looking good next year IF we can find a 9
I was most disappointed in the relaxed content effort plays and smiles throughout the game, on the bench and in the sheds, like they had the game under control and were doing enough.(no ruthlessness just wanting to win in the easiest manner)

Also DCE's performance was very poor in the moments he had to really kill off the game, so often going into autopilot mode and hitting the short side that had ample defensive numbers.

It was cringe worthy to watch a player of his skill level and standing in the game make such basic game analysis errors in attack, lacking any real deep science to his game to set up a variety of attacking shapes to offer variations on hitting the stock flat pass to SIro play.

You can use the predictability of the play as the decoy in so many ways but not once do i recall seeing an effective variation, mind you i was so bored of the game my mind switched off several times so i may have missed it, but i highly doubt it.

Manly had that game easily and that showed to me the effort was not their to finish the game off, nothing about age, or cramps or inexperience, games like that $1.2 million dollar players finish off no questions asked.

This is not a dig on DCE's effort, i never question that part of his game, it is the one element in his game i admire.

This is the understatement of the year. We are so behind the top teams as we are getting zero from our 9. We need this urgently change in 2021 so our halves have a chance.
Forwards that run with more direct punch and defend with good line speed is more where the issues are along with a lack of footwork and speed in the outside backs.

Outside backs like Hoppa, Funa, Miski etc are safe consistent types not game breakers, they are 90's, first half of 2000's players, Hoppa will replace Jorge in the near future to cut costs.

There is nothing overly inspiring in our depth from a sharpness or adding spark perspective, we have some obvious quality in the starting side but i still don't see Manly playing in the most direct effective manner.

Give ZCD a go AND buy Randall from the Knights. Levi and Croker have to go and unfortunately I think we will rue extending Cust(is that for 3 years?) Can someone tell me why we did that with Schuster around?
I like randall too but unfortunately he isn’t what we need either - from extremely limited viewing he seems like a bit of a mcinnes, good tackler / grinder but not heaps of spark.

Starling was the option. Cust needs to be 14 and play some hooker.

If Nathaniel Roache is still off contract at Warriors i would throw some coin at him. Bit of a Tavaga/Smith type player... would be handy middle cover too. Would have a role to playeven if Fainu returned.

Otherwise the market is pretty thin. Maybe get Lino and try turn him and Cust into hookers through a rotation? Levi is good backup but not a sole starter.

Anyone know much about Lovodua from Dragons?

I was most disappointed in the relaxed content effort plays and smiles throughout the game, on the bench and in the sheds, like they had the game under control and were doing enough.(no ruthlessness just wanting to win in the easiest manner)

Also DCE's performance was very poor in the moments he had to really kill off the game, so often going into autopilot mode and hitting the short side that had ample defensive numbers.

It was cringe worthy to watch a player of his skill level and standing in the game make such basic game analysis errors in attack, lacking any real deep science to his game to set up a variety of attacking shapes to offer variations on hitting the stock flat pass to SIro play.

You can use the predictability of the play as the decoy in so many ways but not once do i recall seeing an effective variation, mind you i was so bored of the game my mind switched off several times so i may have missed it, but i highly doubt it.

Manly had that game easily and that showed to me the effort was not their to finish the game off, nothing about age, or cramps or inexperience, games like that $1.2 million dollar players finish off no questions asked.

This is not a dig on DCE's effort, i never question that part of his game, it is the one element in his game i admire.
DCE’s game management has really reduced the past 6 weeks. Its sad to see. I defended him a lot as I think he gets bashed even when he plays well but last nights effort was pretty poor on his behalf. Would really benefit from a halves coach like a Cronk (or any game manager) rather than DCE having ownership of the attack.

I find it strange that posters are blaming our hooker for the loss when blind Freddy knows that leaky defence cost us the victory.

You're either a natural game manager or you're not. You can't coach that into players it's a natural instinct. DCE excelled when he had Foran or Green there for tactical kicks and directional plays. DCE has no instinct for these he is an off the cuff player who exceeds against indecisive defenses. He is not and never will be deserving of the salary level he's on. It was ridiculous to have ever offered him that level.

Imo the most expendible player to free up cap space for 9 is walker. Who on the market there obviously the storm with 3 quality hookers
Walker apparently isn’t on as much as he once was,Cam Smith will be working on his tan on the Gold Coast playing or not next year,leaving Brandon Smith and Grant to stay at the Storm.To get one of those,Manly would need to pay overs,which they are already doing for a few players and word around town says the NRL are closing the avenue of players trying to break contracts at their current clubs to take up more lucrative deals at others

Walker apparently isn’t on as much as he once was,Cam Smith will be working on his tan on the Gold Coast playing or not next year,leaving Brandon Smith and Grant to stay at the Storm.To get one of those,Manly would need to pay overs,which they are already doing for a few players and word around town says the NRL are closing the avenue of players trying to break contracts at their current clubs to take up more lucrative deals at others
Yes true did forget he took unders for 2 season deal

Fainu hurt his shoulder last August, but played on to delay an operation until after the finals. Fair enough maybe they assumed the surgery would be straightforward but clearly that was wrong.
Shoulder would have been fine if it wasn't overused at a church dance last year. Apparently he's pretty Fleet of foot and had all the girls twirling up a storm all night. Was wearing a nice jumper that night as well that read 'can't catch me"

I find it amusing people blaming DCE for not finishing the game off. The defence was appalling. 32-18 we should of held them out but we had no intent in our tackling, no getting 2 and 3 players in a tackle and putting the player on the deck.
Our defence and effort is why we are not winning. We have a good enough side, DCE is doing enough with the ball. He came up with a couple of repeat sets, forced errors of his bombs, 4 try assists. I thought some of the forwards played really well, but when the game was in the line, the dropped balls and lazy arm grabbing defence was why we lost. Was not there at the start of the year, we could slide better and hit hard and put the player on the deck. A shadow of that defence now.i don't care if we don't sign anyone, we have good enough players in the squad to be a top 4 side, but not with the current commitment in defence and simple errors

If we have Schuster, DCE and Turbo to complement the spine next year, I’d go with a genuine younger 9 with some experience.

Kenny/Verrills off contract next year and ready to negotiate with clubs in Nov. Roosters with plenty of options at 9. I’m sure the Panthers have others also with their depth.

All we need is good ball service and a decent defender with the above 3 in the spine.
To be fair batty Levi is ok on both those fronts. It’s his decision making that’s awful which leads to bigger problems. In fact I’d go so far to say he’s arguably better than Fainu in both service and D.

DCE’s game management has really reduced the past 6 weeks. Its sad to see. I defended him a lot as I think he gets bashed even when he plays well but last nights effort was pretty poor on his behalf. Would really benefit from a halves coach like a Cronk (or any game manager) rather than DCE having ownership of the attack.
Benji hasn’t got a job next year!!!!! I think he’d be a good halves coach.....just sayin’

I agree with you and that’s why Levi needs to be moved on.

Levi has terrible timing and he can’t read a game well at all. He almost stifles our attack at times because he chooses to run at the wrong time or doesn’t when we have the defence on the back foot - in contrast Fainu is worlds ahead of him.

Plenty of other hungry dummy halves wishing for their chance at a starting role. I’d prefer now try someone else who has crisp passing and solid middle defence and see how they go.
100%. Everything first comes from the hooker, whether to pass or run, go the open or blind side, how to engage the defence, bring a forward onto the ball. Levi just lacks in those areas compared to Faniu who just looked like he had time. Defence would hold off him, he would ball play and suprisingly had 47 tackle busts last year and a heap of off loads. He worked in sync with DCE. Hope we get him back. With the emergence of Shuster, along with Tom back Walker to centre would love to see that team stay on the field and build up a solid combination

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8