We beat Melbourne!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Did you think we’d beat Melbourne tonight?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Snake

Snake's Alive!
Personally, I gave us a 10% chance of winning tonight, so although I understand the disappointment in the final 10 minutes, I have to remind myself that it’s a massive win...

We haven’t beaten Melbourne in years. We haven’t beaten a genuine top 4 side in donkeys. We couldn’t beat good sides with Tommy, but we beat one without him tonight. We kept the Brookie record in tact...never before have we lost 6 in a row to an away side at the fortress.

If you thought we’d lose tonight, remind yourself that it’s a gift!

True story, I thought we'd win by 6, darn it I should have posted it somewhere, lol.
Despite the end I just see so many positives in the side right now.
The problem areas can all be worked on. I hope some who are angry and miserable feel a bit better in the morning! @:D

No lie, I actually thought we’d beat them tonight. No Munster was my main reason
Paps coming back after so long meant he was not gonna be that great yet. Who was playing 5/8 for them, Meaney?
I knew that’d be rubbish
I was even gonna put a $10’er on us to win but missed the tab on the way home.

BUT - that last 10 mins of the game will have me doubting we’ll ever win again against top opposition

Was always quietly confident with this one and said same early in the other thread. I truly believe Melb are not the team they were and that we actually beat them up in the middle last time we played. Munster was the difference that night. As dissapointing as the end was tonight, there is one man who has sone serious worries tonight and it ain’t Des. Bellamy knows his team is in the slide and I think he will take a big hit personally by playing Pap for 80 tonight. We drew them at a good time tbh and took advantage. As frustrating as the last 10 was, overall it was a great performance in the middle and our D is growing each week. Great result into the bye now and then fresh for the knights. We needed this win tonight so happy to move forward.

Many are complaining about Storms late onslaught
Sure Manly need to close out that final 10 mins better, but not many sides build such a commanding lead against Storm,to allow them to hold on and win....
Very rarely have I seen Storm 20+ points behind at the 70 minute mark, so there needs to be some credit for the first 70 minutes and hey, in the history books and on the NRL ladder - Manly got the 2 points - that's all she wrote

I thought it was a possibility we could beat them but to actually see us screwing up and dropping the ball and still roll through them in the first 10 is not what I was expecting. Our forwards were very good. I thought Jake was great, seemed to take more hit ups and show a bit more guile in his passing. I swore I saw some no lookers there.

DCE was red lining and his kicking game was on which was great when the game needed it but when we just needed to grind them down he was still playing what was in front of him rather than adjusting for the match. Unfortunately when you play at 10/10ths you'll eventually make mistakes, when they happened it let Melbourne back into the game when realistically we should've won by 30+

Schuster was poor.

Garrick was hobbled which hurt us defensively and again was a reason not to put our defense under pressure by trying to force a pass or a kick. Backline was otherwise very good.

I do call caving in to 4 tries in 4 minutes a luxury feathered friend
Nothing to be proud from that

Happy with scraping in to win the 2 points but they way we capitulated in the end

Was not a happy ending

So if I said before the game we'd win 36-30, would you have taken if gleefully?

Ken oath you ( we ) would have.
It was a statement game and we got the job done, at 22-6 they were cooked.

Would it feel better if we were in an arm wrestle and won by six?

I wouldn't call it caving in, they got two tries from OUR kick offs, penalty at halfway and start their set 20m out.
Yes, attention to detail is something we need to work on but they've only been beaten by the Eels, Cows and the Riff up until tonight so credit where credit's due.

Our centres were good, Paseka was great, Sipley jumps over Keppie and Garrick played on one leg.

For and against means diddly squat if you don't win enough games.

So if I said before the game we'd win 36-30, would you have taken if gleefully?
A teams resolute is measured by how it wins and ends the game

If you watched the game and seen our Our coach in the box he did not not take gleefully our caving in to 4 quick tries that nearly lost us the game

Not forgetting we missed 5 conversions!!! Should have been 46 points......disappointed to be honest. Could have, should have put 50 on them tonight. Had Garrick been kicking we'd have been over 40 guaranteed as some of the kicks Cherry missed were too rushed.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4