Announcement We are on the new hardware

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Running fast now. I had a server moved from Ireland to Singapore a few years back and made a huge difference to reliability and speed.

I couldn't work out how to start a thread so I posted in this one. Can someone tell me why I'm getting the below error when I go to www.silvertails.net

Image-1.jpg

I couldn't work out how to start a thread so I posted in this one. Can someone tell me why I'm getting the below error when I go to www.silvertails.net

View attachment 11645
Because you added the www

https://silvertails.net

To start a Thread
1) Click on the large circle with the pencil sign in it - hovers around the bottom right of the first page of each forum

2) add the Thread Title that we will all see

3) post whatever is of interest

4) Click the Create Thread at the bottom of the post

Because you added the www

https://silvertails.net

To start a Thread
1) Click on the large circle with the pencil sign in it - hovers around the bottom right of the first page of each forum

2) add the Thread Title that we will all see

3) post whatever is of interest

4) Click the Create Thread at the bottom of the post
Ok, that worked. Weird thing is it's always worked in the past with www. I did change browsers to Firefox so maybe it works a bit different.

View attachment 11645

It wasn't routing through the secure web server the "S" at the end of the HTTP encrypts the data such as your username / password.

@Dan you should be able to route the the unsecured site via an SSL certificate so no one else gets the same error and automatically gets routed.

It wasn't routing through the secure web server the "S" at the end of the HTTP encrypts the data such as your username / password.

@Dan you should be able to route the the unsecured site via an SSL certificate so no one else gets the same error and automatically gets routed.
This is true.

What happened was our certificate required a regular renew, this is automated however it failed because of the issuer and continued to fail until our renew attempts were exhausted

Soni had to go and buy a new certificste to tide us over until I can renew our normal one when our attempts are refreshed next month

When I did that I had to reconfigure our server settings to see the new certificates and in doing so I inadvertently ruined my 302 redirect to https only and bam problem ensued.

Right now it's sitting in a working state and I'm waiting until I have more time to break it all and pay the $160 odd it costs for a re-issue of a cert instead of the letsencrypt one....

Either way issuer bad, then my bad

This is true.

What happened was our certificate required a regular renew, this is automated however it failed because of the issuer and continued to fail until our renew attempts were exhausted

Soni had to go and buy a new certificste to tide us over until I can renew our normal one when our attempts are refreshed next month

When I did that I had to reconfigure our server settings to see the new certificates and in doing so I inadvertently ruined my 302 redirect to https only and bam problem ensued.

Right now it's sitting in a working state and I'm waiting until I have more time to break it all and pay the $160 odd it costs for a re-issue of a cert instead of the letsencrypt one....

Either way issuer bad, then my bad
That’s almost exactly what I thought was happening @;)

• 😆
Reactions: Dan

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8