Announcement We are on the new hardware

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
For those wondering what happened to all the posts from tonight and generally.

Last night about 8pm the server started to break it started with harddrive faults, I or what looked like faults I started to find more and more issues and after trying to resolve it myself and figuring out it was a hard ware failure I contacted our server hosts who had just started seeing the same issues and then the RAID started to go basically the server was packing it in.

We had to shut down the site and try and migrate to new hardware. This failed repeatedly overnight and today.

I was able to bring the site up for a few hours running on failing hardware and isolated to minimal performance.

In the last 30 minutes the migration to new hardware finished but we lost all of the data that was up when we were running during the game

Not ideal and I apologise but it is what it is.

Sorry again and hopefully that is the end of our bad tech luck

I wouldn't be able to tell if it slow or not because my internet speed has been shaped down to 256Kbps thanks to my youngest son moving home again and using up all of my internet quota for the month with 3 days left to go before it resets.
Its slow looks like we have run into a new set of kernel panic. I have opened dialogue to try and fix it by my god I need some sleep

Solid effort mate. Frustrating when these things happen. Once lost a website where the server centre was struck by lightening and cooked some servers, mine included.

Then of course rebuilding from back ups never goes as smooth as you like. So I feel your pain.

Thanks for effort.

Together with the datacentre we identified the load balancer issue which was routing some people to the old hardware and some people to the new, we should now have a stable database environment and things should run more smoothly.

We have one more bit of work to do which will see us down intermittently shortly then should be smooth sailing going forwar

I quite sure everything is fixed by doing some magic computer genius dance....

PleasantEachAfricanmolesnake-small.gif

Are we back yet @Dan or continued issues?
Its up and kind of staying up but flakey I am really not happy with it as the server shouldnt be as smashed as its getting. Something is wrong and I can't see it as an OS or software issue

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7