The Anti-Seibold MEGA THREAD

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Please keep in mind that Seibs would be making selection decisions based on the feedback that he either sees, or he hears from his coaching staff (or the player themselves) all week.
believe it or not, but he wants Manly to win as much as us on S.T.!
Best post I’ve seen for a while , congratulations.

And yes unlike the experts on here the coaching staff get to see what happens at training , get one on one interactions , can assess headspace and would attend each & every BWSE game.

I suspect Jamie H defence was the issue and is why Lawton was in the middle ( no Jake , no two front line props , no Ola) and let’s face it at 8-0 with 10 to go and us almost scoring which would have made it 8-6, you’d have to say the selection wasn’t as dumb as the so called experts on here thought.

JenEagle

Bencher
Best post I’ve seen for a while , congratulations.

And yes unlike the experts on here the coaching staff get to see what happens at training , get one on one interactions , can assess headspace and would attend each & every BWSE game.

I suspect Jamie H defence was the issue and is why Lawton was in the middle ( no Jake , no two front line props , no Ola) and let’s face it at 8-0 with 10 to go and us almost scoring which would have made it 8-6, you’d have to say the selection wasn’t as dumb as the so called experts on here thought.
I loved how in the first half the second bunnies try could have been questioned for obstruction. Not a word from the bunker or the refs. We are on top and go over with ten to go and immediately it s a no try to obstruction. Add in the 10-3 penalty count and 12 players out and why even bother turning up. What a joke the NRL is.

Ryan

Journey Man
Serious question, why would the way other fans support Manly lead you to give up?

Particularly anonymous fans in an online forum.

I enjoy coming in and talking footy here, thats why I do it, but....and no offence to any of the posters here, what is said does not effect how I live my life.

I'm older than you. Other people matter to me..I consider this a community. You see, when you've posted and known people for near on 20 years, I consider them people I know....

And the culture has changed. It used to be winning was all that matters. Now there's a distinct sense of apathy to result.

It's uninspiring.

Chunkytuna

Reserve Grader
Tipping Member
Please keep in mind that Seibs would be making selection decisions based on the feedback that he either sees, or he hears from his coaching staff (or the player themselves) all week.
believe it or not, but he wants Manly to win as much as us on S.T.!
I don’t doubt he wants us to win, but I’ll bet London to a brick that he doesn’t have the same passion for this club as most of us do - and definitely in the case of myself. He hasn’t been a lifelong dedicated paid up fan of this club for his whole life. It’s a job for him. Not saying that as a knock on him - it’s just a fact.

JakeyB789

Reserve Grader
That was one of the most pathetic press conferences I’ve ever seen in my life

The amount of times he mentioned how proud he was or how brave we were, you would think we had a famous win not scored ZERO fkn points

Went on about players having to play out of position like that was not his own doing

Completely disregarded Humphreys yet brought up Brandon ****ing Wakeham as if we would’ve used him if he wasn’t a drug dealer

He has thrown away most of our young talent, signed nothing but rejects and kept the same underperforming plodders around all whilst continually playing guys out of position and yet he is supposed to be some sort of intellectual genius? Just an absolute clown

47MVEagle

Bencher
Post match pressers are an obligation for the coaches otherwise the club may be fined by the NRL.

I’ve never placed much importance on them because very rarely does a coach give much away.

You get occasional Ricky rant or Des criticism of the refs which results in a fine.

Other than that they’re usually just coaches presenting their best poker faces, so essentially some people don’t like Siebold’s poker face. Oh well…

HK_Eagle

First Grader
Premium Member
Completely disregarded Humphreys yet brought up Brandon ****ing Wakeham as if we would’ve used him if he wasn’t a drug dealer
That was so bizarre. I would have thought from a club PR perspective, Wakeham would be the last person you would ever want to bring up in a presser… and to think he felt the need to mention him while completely omitting JR’s name is baffling. He has ended up putting a bigger spotlight on the JR situation, and left a lot of people speculating.

Ryan

Journey Man
That was one of the most pathetic press conferences I’ve ever seen in my life

The amount of times he mentioned how proud he was or how brave we were, you would think we had a famous win not scored ZERO fkn points

Went on about players having to play out of position like that was not his own doing

He has thrown away most of our young talent, signed nothing but rejects and kept the same underperforming plodders around all whilst continually playing guys out of position and yet he is supposed to be some sort of intellectual genius? Just an absolute clown

Watch Bellamy's post match presser after his win to go top of the table Friday night. He's been saying to them he's not been happy with the way they've been playing. In fact, he singled out his international half back about options.

It's called accountability.

I get it may be different behind the scenes, but for mine, it's just another testament of how our culture, club and fanbase have become apologists and excuse makers - celebrating loss after loss.

Toxic positivity, it's called.

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
I'm older than you. Other people matter to me..I consider this a community. You see, when you've posted and known people for near on 20 years, I consider them people I know....

And the culture has changed. It used to be winning was all that matters. Now there's a distinct sense of apathy to result.

It's uninspiring.
What makes you think you are older than me, you know nothing about me.

We both joined this forum in 2004 weve both seen people come and go and that is natural, peoples lives change.

I personally dont think the forum has changed much, I rember some positive and negative people from a long way back....thats life, some always skew postive others generally negative.

Anyhoo, respect youre perspective, whilst I wish the best for all I post here, I dont consider anyone as someone I know.

Rafferty

Mug punter
Hard to be impressed with Seibs, just doesn’t have the persona to lead men to be their best, I’ll leave his coaching credentials alone, they speak for themselves, but for me personally he is about as inspirational as a bag full of spuds. I don’t see a future where he leads Manly to any great success, if anything I fear we may fall further from grace under his tenure.

Ryan

Journey Man
What makes you think you are older than me, you know nothing about me.

We both joined this forum in 2004 weve both seen people come and go and that is natural, peoples lives change.

I personally dont think the forum has changed much, I rember some positive and negative people from a long way back....thats life, some always skew postive others generally negative.

Anyhoo, respect youre perspective, whilst I wish the best for all I post here, I dont consider anyone as someone I know.

Then that's how we differ. I would call many I've posted with on here friends (even if we hadn't met), I would help and reach out to each other if and when required (it's called empathy).

I wasn't going to say this, but someone wrote me only this past week, and said Disco seems to be especially argumentative and triggered with you this week, I wonder if he's okay? I've been umming and arring about reaching out to you all week to make sure you're okay, but I've gone over how we've communicated , and it seems it's pretty well BAU.

But to your original point, people tend to become who they spend time with. So when the community stops caring about result, yeah, it rubs off. Last night, I was laughing with people, and mucking around straight after the game , because I didn't really care after seeing the score - it's just a game .

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
Then that's how we differ. I would call many I've posted with on here friends (even if we hadn't met), I would help and reach out to each other if and when required (it's called empathy).

I wasn't going to say this, but someone wrote me only this past week, and said Disco seems to be especially argumentative and triggered with you this week, I wonder if he's okay? I've been umming and arring about reaching out to you all week to make sure you're okay, but I've gone over how we've communicated , and it seems it's pretty well BAU.

But to your original point, people tend to become who they spend time with. So when the community stops caring about result, yeah, it rubs off. Last night, I was laughing with people, and mucking around straight after the game , because I didn't really care after seeing the score - it's just a game .
Thanks for the concern, all is well at my end.

I've certainly nothing against you personally nor am I triggered. I dont know you!

I do see some inconsistency in the arguments you put foward and your opinions of players and performances.

At times they can seem quite erratic so I seek clarification or further reasoning.

To your last point, I dont see those things as mutually exclusive. I can be annoyed, frustrated or angry about a result/performance and still laugh or joke with friends and have a reasoned discusion on performance.

But we are veering into a weird conversation on our own personalities, that was not my intention. I just more couldn't comprehend how other fans opinions would lead you to not care anymore but you have explained your point.

Terry Zarsoff

First Grader
That was so bizarre. I would have thought from a club PR perspective, Wakeham would be the last person you would ever want to bring up in a presser… and to think he felt the need to mention him while completely omitting JR’s name is baffling. He has ended up putting a bigger spotlight on the JR situation, and left a lot of people speculating.
Probably deserving of a verbal rap over the knuckles from the CEO.

Although Seibold’s excuse might be: “We didn’t sign him, Blacktown Workers Sea Eagles (doo dah, doo dah) did!”

Ryan

Journey Man
Thanks for the concern, all is well at my end.

I've certainly nothing against you personally nor am I triggered. I dont know you!

I do see some inconsistency in the arguments you put foward and your opinions of players and performances.

At times they can seem quite erratic so I seek clarification or further reasoning.

To your last point, I dont see those things as mutually exclusive. I can be annoyed, frustrated or angry about a result/performance and still laugh or joke with friends and have a reasoned discusion on performance.

But we are veering into a weird conversation on our own personalities, that was not my intention. I just more couldn't comprehend how other fans opinions would lead you to not care anymore but you have explained your point.

I agree about the opinions and views changing, but a lot goes into that. Players form can improve , or fall off a cliff. OR, there's hindsight (maybe we were spoiled) re:Crusher for example vs. what we have now (maybe the future will suggest this is a glowing period for recruitment). That's the thing with football, landscapes change. That's why we should never attack someone for sharing info on here (say a signing) even if it goes wrong, because things change , even in the last seconds / minutes. Do it gets me wrong, I've learnt my lesson and share nothing anymore, do I'm more.tslking about others, and why/how views and opinions may change.

JEF

Reserve Grader
Tipping Member
I agree about the opinions and views changing, but a lot goes into that. Players form can improve , or fall off a cliff. OR, there's hindsight (maybe we were spoiled) re:Crusher for example vs. what we have now (maybe the future will suggest this is a glowing period for recruitment). That's the thing with football, landscapes change. That's why we should never attack someone for sharing info on here (say a signing) even if it goes wrong, because things change , even in the last seconds / minutes. Do it gets me wrong, I've learnt my lesson and share nothing anymore, do I'm more.tslking about others, and why/how views and opinions may change.
Humphries and Gordy starred in Reserve Grade match. Smashed Souths.

BirdMan4ever

Reserve Grader
Siebold is a myth. He is Barret reincarnate. Got selections wrong many times. Have U ever heard Bellamy praise his team after losses , he shoves a carrot up their arse before every game and they all have to perform no matter which key player is out . Please do not sign his contract extension.

JenEagle

Bencher
Siebold is a myth. He is Barret reincarnate. Got selections wrong many times. Have U ever heard Bellamy praise his team after losses , he shoves a carrot up their arse before every game and they all have to perform no matter which key player is out . Please do not sign his contract extension.
I like siebs however he is 1.5 years through his contract now and we were way off the pace last year and we are now sitting 11th this year so far. We have both the state of origin captains plus some very good players. Bennet would have us sitting in on top of the table.

Nordburg

First Grader
I like siebs however he is 1.5 years through his contract now and we were way off the pace last year and we are now sitting 11th this year so far. We have both the state of origin captains plus some very good players. Bennet would have us sitting in on top of the table.
I’m interested to know why you,and others “like” Seibold or in other cases,rate him as a coach.Not being critical,just curious as to why

Saabnaldo

Reserve Grader
Watch Bellamy's post match presser after his win to go top of the table Friday night. He's been saying to them he's not been happy with the way they've been playing. In fact, he singled out his international half back about options.

It's called accountability.

I get it may be different behind the scenes, but for mine, it's just another testament of how our culture, club and fanbase have become apologists and excuse makers - celebrating loss after loss.

Toxic positivity, it's called.
Yep. Another reason why Bellamy has been so successful is because he has character , his players play for him. Seibold hasn’t

JenEagle

Bencher
I’m interested to know why you,and others “like” Seibold or in other cases,rate him as a coach.Not being critical,just curious as to why
I like him as I think he is intelligent and has good knowledge about the game, he speaks well, the players seem to like him, he represents our club well, he is professional and ethical. I am sure he is a decent coach. However He also seems very committed and passionate about Manly.

However I do think to date with the roster we have that we have not been very succesful under Siebold yet. We could still be. There is time. However we are sitting 11th and didnt make the semis last year. However we have been in so many games this year and have been so close so many times. Fingers crossed we turn it on from now on and make the top 4 or come 5th or 6th.

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18
15 8 7 -8 18
14 7 7 -50 18
14 7 7 -79 18
15 7 7 28 17