The Anthony Seibold Grievances MEGA THREAD

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Ryan

Journey Man
Mate I'm so sick of the one week heros next week chumps sh*t that we get served up repeatedly. When is this club going to get it's sh*t together and get professional
When our recruitment and retention team get a labotomy, we get a sporting/football director , who has no affiliation with any player managers , who has contacts, both in NZ and the country (indigenous players etc), and we make some very serious and difficult decisions about players (players people may love )

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Pretty clear Humphrey's is not in consideration.

Which is odd, given comments early in the season/pre season.
Not in consideration for this game, doesn't mean he isn't in consideration at all. I can think of a better game for a half to make a debut, for example when the rest of the team have actually met each beforehand!

LeonardCohen

Bencher
The Preference Perspective
We should never have any preference for loses
No loss big or small rewards you with 2 points
We can keep losing by low scores all year and that wont help us make the finals

Every game is Winnable and Every team goes out to win every game inspired by every winnable team selection and every winnable game plan
No game is impossible to win especially when you play teams that are not world beaters like Souths

The Impossible is Possible and it has been done and this is the Benchmark of Greatness
The reality perspective…

Football teams lose games by an assortment of margins, regardless of our mental perspective on winning and losing.

I’d prefer to lose without getting flogged. Unless reality somehow shifts and I can use my mind to alter the outcome of football games, I’m going to maintain that ‘post-match’ perspective.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Each to their own matw, you're entitled to feel that way. I personally don't understand it, because there's no prizes for second in a game of rugby league. Participation awards tend to disappear after primary school.

A decade of averaging bordering 11th. Ooof.

Anyways, I wish I felt like you do after losses. Like I said, some guy said this week, being happy after we keep losing is where it's at. Pretty sure you even liked his post.

So that zest and spark is disappearing. Just seems no-one cares anymore, and apathy to losing is the only way now (or your labelled negative, and the reason people avoid the site). Best to just say nothing, grin and have a laugh as we slump again to winning less than half our games.
We all know your thoughts Ryan, and you continue to push those verbatim.

Would I love to win every week and be top of the table having won the last three grand finals , absolutely!!

Do I still enjoy watching my team , celebrating the wins we get and wishing we had played good enough to win more, absolutely.

That’s our difference mate , I don’t spend my whole time depressed about where we are at , it’s a game and that’s all it is , nothing more , nothing less.

mave

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Not in consideration for this game, doesn't mean he isn't in consideration at all. I can think of a better game for a half to make a debut, for example when the rest of the team have actually met each beforehand!

OK....in what scenario does he gat a debut then?

Coach confirmed Arthur was next half up, until injury, in the latest presser. Then proceeds to play Tommy T today over JH.

We've played Croker, Lawton, GCKT, and signed and played Simpkin over JH at #9/#14

I'm not seeing it. It was today, or never imo.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
The reality perspective…

Football teams lose games by an assortment of margins, regardless of our mental perspective on winning and losing.

I’d prefer to lose without getting flogged. Unless reality somehow shifts and I can use my mind to alter the outcome of football games, I’m going to maintain that ‘post-match’ perspective.
The reality is Upsets and wins against the odds do happen by Great team selections , Great Team game plans and Great team on field overachievements

Your preference of losing is your choice

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
OK....in what scenario does he gat a debut then?

Coach confirmed Arthur was next half up, until injury, in the latest presser. Then proceeds to play Tommy T today over JH.

We've played Croker, Lawton, GCKT, and signed and played Simpkin over JH at #9/#14

I'm not seeing it. It was today, or never imo.
I've got no idea! Maybe you're right and he isn't rated. Personally I don't think that is the only explanation for his non-selection tonite, but I haven't even watched his games this year so I'm just guessing.

eaglebuzz

Bencher
I'm mostly disappointed because we played well enough to win, which is astounding when you consider who we were missing, but our attack was one dimensional which meant that we were never really in it.

Ironically, Schuster probably could have won us that match if he were still at the club. The first, and probably only, time I'm finding myself wishing we still had him.

Ryan

Journey Man

Would I love to win every week and be top of the table having won the last three grand finals , absolutely!!

Do I still enjoy watching my team , celebrating the wins we get and wishing we had played good enough to win more, absolutely.

That’s our difference mate , I don’t spend my whole time depressed about where we are at , it’s a game and that’s all it is , nothing more , nothing less.

But to others, it's more than just a game..it's almost a religion. It IS their heartbeat.

Remember, people don't explode, or get upset, or vent because they hate or dislike the team. They do it because they are so emotional about it (which indicates love, not hate), which is why I'll always have time for anyone venting their spleen.

One other thing, & maybe it's just me. But I get so emotionally hurt and upset (even if / when I'm not involved) when people say they have, are or will leave this community because of who someone else is.

I understand it's a sign of the times, and things are changing (and maybe I'm lacking in that), where it's a shutout or block world if anyone is different, or has a different view. That maybe that tribalism in the game IS gone, and it SHOULD be who cares if we lose (it's just a game, nothing more).

I'm old. I miss the old days, when everyone had so much intense passion about it all. And if there were differing.points if view, they were shared, discussed and debated.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member

The Difference is that to you its just a game and nothing more and nothing less
Good for you feathered friend

But For the more Passionate Supporters Manly is more than just a club and Winning for Manly means Everything
Our Legendary clubs Grand final Greatness was Inspired By Passionate Manly Souls

Manly 40 Storm Nil
Manly Passion on Fire !!!
1719060896794.png

The Royal Soup

First Grader
It's called toxic positivity mate, and most of the fanbase have accepted, promote and celebrate it now.

I was told this week by a numpty here, celebrating and being happy after a loss "is where it's at".

So I've basically given up now. No-one seems to care anymore. There were some in the GameDay thread talking about how proud they were and how everyone else should be too.

People's standards are in their arses these days. Sorry.
the old participation award , it’s unacceptable that people accept loses as a positive

place is a joke

Rackets

Doin' the eagle rock 🦅
If Seibold wants that extension he's been asking for, then he's done nothing to improve his position. Granted last week's win was great, tonight he should've backed that up with selecting a strong side with remaining troops, except he chose players out of positions and what looked like no game plan. Just go out there and see what you can muster is what it looked like. Vermin were rubbish, yet we were worse. Mestrov should have plenty of questions for Seibold and his selections.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
I felt Manly tried hard, but lacked points
Really would have liked to see Humphrey get a shot, but happy with the effort as far as having a go.
I mean they have a few out, but we had most out.
The excuses on individual or coaches today are null and void far as I'm concerned

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
15 12 3 113 28
14 10 4 118 24
15 10 5 77 24
15 9 6 161 20
15 8 7 64 20
14 8 6 60 20
15 7 7 28 19
15 7 8 21 18
15 8 7 -8 18
15 7 8 -47 18