Watmough never again in a Manly jersey?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

The Indian

Bencher
Yep. Bye Choc. Thanks for the 10 years great service.......F%&% for the last years rubbish you have engineered in order to get a release for more cash and to justify yourself.

Enjoy your cash and your ticker tape parade at Parra stadium when its all over.

6/71

Reserve Grader
Someone once told me you can build a thousand bridges in your lifetime but if you **** one goat you will forever be remembered a goat ****er.

I wonder if Choc is familiar with the saying?

MANLY4LIFE

Bencher
Mavin said:
Yep see you later choc you have been a good player in a great side now hit the road. You neither have the passion for the jersey or the class of Beaver. Beaver could have left when the northern eagles crap went down but he stuck solid and even when he was forced out (he wanted another year) he never sooked to the media.

MANLY4LIFE said:
Let's just say it's a done deal, the only sticking point is we want his 300k paid out by parra to release him for 2015 .

It can't be paid out by parra it is in our cap for next year because it is payments he is due. So no matter what it is in our cap.

Think about it for a second ;) just what I've been told

fLIP

UFO Hunter
6/71 said:
Someone once told me you can build a thousand bridges in your lifetime but if you ... one goat you will forever be remembered a goat ....

You mean Ill never ever live it down?

Damn goats.

swoop

Bencher
Tipping Member
Any player that wants out should be let go. Cut the cancer out now and sign up all the young guns.

We have Gutherson to replace Brett if he goes.
We saw last night that Choc is replaceable.
And surely if Matai goes to NZ we should be able to pick up one of their centres.

There problem solved :)

fLIP

UFO Hunter
swoop said:
Any player that wants out should be let go. Cut the cancer out now and sign up all the young guns.

We have Gutherson to replace Brett if he goes.
We saw last night that Choc is replaceable.
And surely if Matai goes to NZ we should be able to pick up one of their centres.

There problem solved :)

exactly.

we are lucky at this point its not terminal. give it another season of this rubbish and we'll be giving a terminal prognosis.

Fluffy

Journey Man
fLIP said:
6/71 said:
Someone once told me you can build a thousand bridges in your lifetime but if you ... one goat you will forever be remembered a goat ....

You mean Ill never ever live it down?

Damn goats.

Willo called, wants his goat back

Mavin said:
Yep see you later choc you have been a good player in a great side now hit the road. You neither have the passion for the jersey or the class of Beaver. Beaver could have left when the northern eagles crap went down but he stuck solid and even when he was forced out (he wanted another year) he never sooked to the media.

MANLY4LIFE said:
Let's just say it's a done deal, the only sticking point is we want his 300k paid out by parra to release him for 2015 .

It can't be paid out by parra it is in our cap for next year because it is payments he is due. So no matter what it is in our cap.

So what, it can be in our cap but why should have to suffer the ignominity of actually paying out the dosh as well........they want to break contract....THEY can pay to break contract......it's about time someone, anyone in this game grew some principles......

eagle40

Reserve Grader
The point is, 650k season 2015, we don't want his disruptive influence. If he wants he could sit in reggies all year & tie up that money.
Let him walk

Mavin

Bencher
Little Grubber Kick said:
Mavin said:

MANLY4LIFE said:

So what, it can be in our cap but why should have to suffer the ignominity of actually paying out the dosh as well........they want to break contract....THEY can pay to break contract......it's about time someone, anyone in this game grew some principles......

I agree we should get paid for releasing him all I'm saying is no matter if they give us 1 million to release him he will still be in our cap next year. I want him gone today.

Mavin said:
Mavin said:

MANLY4LIFE said:

I agree we should get paid for releasing him all I'm saying is no matter if they give us 1 million to release him he will still be in our cap next year. I want him gone today.

mate, yours and Eagle40's are good points, and that's probably what rankles, because as fan for 45+ years I never wanted anyone MORE gone than this..........

Ryan

Journey Man
Wombat Legacy said:
When he is playing good footy, we forget that he is a loose cannon. He has been protected by management for years. I will remember him for what he was good at, great leg speed, tough, durable, tenacious, win at all costs attitude-footy player. A role model he is NOT

"Allegedly" hitting a sponsor (Manly 2009) & hitting his missus (AVO case in 2007) certainly didn't portray the club in a fantastic light, but we have to remember he was a kid at these times. There was also the time he hit a family member at a BBQ once.

BUT, the club certainly rallied behind him on all occasions. I would have thought and hoped he remembered these behaviour's from the club, and not just the fact that we couldn't fit Glenn Stewart into a league applied salary cap.

Either way, he sure as heck won't be enjoying the drive to Parramatta each day, but he'll certainly fit into their culture. Quality forwards tend to go there, and disappear off the Rugby League radar all together (and get spat out) - anyone remember Justin Poore? Lolz.

I also think Lussick would have been playing both finals footy, and for NSW should he have stayed an Eagle, although he IS still doing quite well.

Shoe1

Journey Man
Wombat Legacy said:
When he is playing good footy, we forget that he is a loose cannon. He has been protected by management for years. I will remember him for what he was good at, great leg speed, tough, durable, tenacious, win at all costs attitude-footy player. A role model he is NOT

Nightmare. Banned from origin for a couple of years for some misdemeanor or attitude in the blues camp, unsavoury domestic issues, driving offences, public urination, sponsor slapping, dummy spitting in the media then blames the media.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I remember in the 90's when Cement Gillespie left the Bulldogs and spent two years at Manly.

The year he retired we played them in the GF ( must have been 1995) and the called him up to the stage as a special thank you and he was booed by 25,000 Bulldogs supporters.

That's the future faced by Choc, instead of a grand send off at Brookvale a lonely walk off Parra Stadium booed by Manly supporters.

His choice, ALL for money!!

Peter C

Bencher
Mavin said:
Mavin said:

MANLY4LIFE said:

Only $300,000 of his contract will be in our cap for next year.

Mavin

Bencher
The truth is he has shown on numerous occasions (off field) that he is a grub from the AVO to the sponsor incident and pissing in public (and others some that are known) we tolerated it and the club and supporters did it's best to put our arms around him and protect him and in the end he spits in our face. If he played for another club we would have called him out earlier.

Peter C said:
Mavin said:
Mavin said:

MANLY4LIFE said:

Only $300,000 of his contract will be in our cap for next year.

Yep that's true

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18
15 8 7 -8 18
14 7 7 -50 18