Watmough - Gifty

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
NRL Highs, Lows and Big Blows
origin:video_integrator.Q2eHRxdDrNq8FVukCbX9Ka6qpSyobgP5

SOUTH Sydney forward Glenn Stewart could be set for a 10-12 week stint on the sidelines because of a thumb injury. Stewart underwent scans on Monday, the day after the Rabbitohs’ NRL loss to Canberra in Cairns, which confirmed that the injury will require surgery.

“Unfortuntaley he’s got a busted thumb and he can’t continue to play with that” said Rabbitohs physiotherapist Eddie Farah.

“He’s got to get surgery on it this week and he’s going to be on the sidelines for 10-12 weeks, so he’ll be sorely missed
And that's why I thought we did the right thing in not re-signing him for this year. Too much time on the sideline over the last few years. We just dealt with that situation very, very badly.

Well there's a bit of vindication for you around Gift. Another half year off, this will be his last season.

Watmough looks as bad as I've ever seen him. We got used to the dumb things he did, especially in recent years but he always had that tough edge. Now he just looks to be cruising thru the game to collect his paycheck.

This is what I have been saying about Choc all season. He's playing no different now than he did for us. Difference is that here at Manly he had superstars around him who could easily cover his mistakes, and it was the same in rep games. He doesn't have that at the Speels and thus every mistake he makes is made to look much worse than it ever was before.

Gift looked like he had gotten quite fit a souths. 12 weeks is a big blow for him, that is a long time on the sideline.

Well mabye that will give him more time to come watch his brother play.

Echoing sentiments on here already. This is exactly the reason he was moved on from the club. After play a handful of games over the past 2 seasons he has again broken down with injury.

This is why I was not completely gutted to lose him, right thing for the team, wrong thing for the player/club. He was our most injured player for his last 3 seasons here, the writing was on the wall. iven how little he has played his contract should have been under 200K, somethg the NRL would notregister.

In the total wash up these two have been abject failures for their respective clubs.

This in light of the fact that Souths have given Gifty permission to sign elswhere. He has also missed 10 games with injury.

As for Watmough ..... Pfffft what a joke.

Last edited:
Gifty will be welcomed back with open arms once he finishes up at Catalans and no doubt will get a role somewhere at the club if he wants.

After the things Watmough said he will never be allowed near the place again. The eels fans probably won't be too keen on him hanging out there either after he gets tapped on the shoulder next year and then takes a big chunk of their cap for the two years after that.

Staff online

• lsz
    First Grader
  • Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8