Watmough - Gifty

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Beaver boy

Reserve Grader
Watmough has been well below his best. He's only getting 50-60 minutes. Don't give me this "He adds experience, good for the younger forwards crap". For the money he signed for he's been a dud buy thus far.

Stewart started well, looks quite fit and looked the goods. That is when Souths were at full strength. That was when Walker, Reynolds, Sutton and co were all there. He's been ineffective for a few rounds now. Missing tackles, dropped balls etc etc and looks as though he's slipping away.

The problem for us is we replaced these two ageing warriors with a handful of average reserve graders. We really need some quality in that back row .

Agree with you about who we have replaced them with.
But if I think both players played for Manly they would be better. They are realising what it means to play for soulless clubs,
NYEagle

Choc has been horrible, and to think they signed him for 700k for 4 years... oh dear.

Gift started well but he is showing his age too. All the current (Lyon, Ballin, Snake, Matai) and ex senior playing group such as gift and choc are starting to show signs of how hard they played for Manly consistantly for the past 8-10 years. They are all starting to break down or slow down rapidly.

...Choc dropped the ball with 40 seconds to go.
I was dying for Newcastle to score and level the scores.
Sadly, it didn't happen.

Passing the ball behind the line to inglis to do his thing is making gifty look better than what he is. His running game is close to non existent now. He lost a lot of weight at the start of the year but is starting to put it back on. He looks proppy in his canter and it is a long season. Still, if half of our players had his heart, our scramble would be better and we would be conceding less tries on our edges.

buy chris grevsmuhl from bunnies hes off contract, a back row consisting of lui buhrer grevsmuhl mateo symonds and sometimes demetriou / jake trbojevic playing in the back row, obviously isnt as good as the 08 days but its progressing, buhrer has played some of his best footy this year, lui has been great, mateo is old but can be a magician at his best, grevsmuhl is very promising and hard hitting and symonds is well, symonds, versatile, defensively solid a generally good player. it can only be up from here (16th on the ladder)

Gifty makes plenty of tackles for souths and is a good part of their set plays but he's never been one to make many meters in attack and I still don't think our board made the wrong call letting him go, if we didn't, we might still be paying Choc a salary.

Choc has been solid for the scum, its evident with what he has done agression wise to their young pack. Lets not forget that we are paying a hefty amount of his wage this season. my mail is its a huge amount. He is on far less than the reported 700 at the scum,

If we front up with Lui,Symonds and Mateo in our back row for the start off next season we are in for a long season.

They don't keep opposition coaches up at night they lack any mongrel.

At best they are depth players they all try but their best isn't going 2 get us were we want 2 be.

Choc has been solid for the scum, its evident with what he has done agression wise to their young pack. Lets not forget that we are paying a hefty amount of his wage this season. my mail is its a huge amount. He is on far less than the reported 700 at the scum,

Choc has been rubbish when Tim Mannah feels the need 2 go public and defend him that say's it all.

Good luck 2 him on his pay day but don't pretend he is playing well.

Choc has been rubbish when Tim Mannah feels the need 2 go public and defend him that say's it all.

Good luck 2 him on his pay day but don't pretend he is playing well.
I actually follow them closely, my old man sadly supports them. I just think he can no longer get away with going through the motions, like he did here. he has to be on the money for every play at the scum. It pains me to say this, but i can see him carving up towards the back end of the year once he settles in.

I actually follow them closely, my old man sadly supports them. I just think he can no longer get away with going through the motions, like he did here. he has to be on the money for every play at the scum. It pains me to say this, but i can see him carving up towards the back end of the year once he settles in.

Sure you don't support them? anyone who thinks Choc is going 2 carve anything up is dreaming.

Def dont mate, only watch em cause the old man makes me.

Sure you do ;)

Just had a read of your post history defiantly a parra troll defending Foz and Watmough suggesting Parra offered Foz less than us.

Now telling everyone that Choc is doing good and will carve up later.

try harder next time.

Love the ignore feature

Last edited:
Def dont mate, only watch em cause the old man makes me.
I've had some time to think on forans decision and I have come to the conclusion that it sits better with me than dce.

Foran comes from a family where is father is extremely successful in the corporate world, where growing as a worker and expanding your skill set Is paramount to being deemed to have been a success or having a solid career. I belive we can blame his father for instilling said ethics in him, obviously feels like staying at this great club would be a move sideways rather than a step up. I hope he regrets his decision but I have to respect the kid.

You do realize parra have one of the strongest corporate sponsorships in the game in regards to TPA. and our offer for foz was 1mil, they offered 900 before TPA is what i am hearing.

Id love tepai but he is contracted for a while over there. he took massive unders to stay, tonnes of union clubs offered him huge money. he wants to repay them.

Parra fan win a game today and out in force planning a GF party. There is plenty of other gold I can quote

Took massive unders 2 stay at the eels lol

Suggesting going 2 the eels is a step up lol

Last edited:
I said it a few weeks ago in a different thread and I will say the same thing now.

I don't see Choc doing anything different playing for Parra-doesn't-matta than he did playing for us. Only in 2015 he's a little older, a bit slower and his body won't recover as quickly from injuries given the pounding its taken in the past dozen years.

The big difference is that any mistakes he makes, any slackening off is being magnified at the Speels. With us in the glory days he had the Stewart's, Killer, Skivy, Kingdog, Kitey, Ferris, DCE, Foz etc who could pick up the slack if he wasn't doing well. Parra-doesn't-matta simply doesn't have that same quality of players that are capable of covering mistakes.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2