Warning system enabled

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Daniel said:
I have pre-defined some things, but the moderators still have the option to give you a warning for a reason they see fit, and points up to 10 for that warning.

All warnings last a month and then they are re-set.

I have asked the mods to report back on any warnings that have been given and why and this we all have visibility and a place to discuss it. Of course there is a right to appeal to me directly and I will discuss it with the mod and get their thoughts.

The good thing about the people we have helping out here, is mainly that they are all fairly level headed and feel like part of the community rather than in charge of it, after all who's want to be the driver of this loony bus

Dan

important question as i have been your chief testing officer in the past with swear fliters etc.

Do you need me to test this new warning system.

I'll take one for the team (12 hour ban that is nothing else you flithy animals)

Jatz Crackers said:
So long as there is no cross vesting jurisdictional issues.

And no, not cross dressing Cambo........cross vesting.

your nuts jatz :)

All of us have a few drinkies at the footie and all of us swear about the cheating refs opposition teams & supporters etc or the great Manly tries and players etc but swearwords just look vulgar and crook on the page here 99% of the time

Here's an idea: why don't we make up our own Silvertails swear words, and make it fun at the same time. We'll know what we mean wink wink

ie "that Melbourne hooker is a real 'gould/wilson/harrigan'

or "that cheating ref 'harrigan-ed' the whole second half...(even though Manly won haha)

I'm sure others will do much better :heart:

Peace love & happiness to all silvertails,

BG

Good idea with this warning system, provided that is that it is used appropriately.

Swearing, crudeness or the like should be punished, but I would hope that simply having a contrary view, no matter how stupid would not be.

The problem is that sometimes on the interwebs it can be hard to tell, so much comes down to intent, and tone is not carried well in text based communications. For instance I would have banned some posters for Trolling well before now, but who knows perhaps they are just that stupid.

Rusty, of course having a contrary view will not be punished, it has always been welcomed here and always will

Spelling mistakes will be punished (Fro gets double) and Captain obvious posts not by CW will also carry points i hope.

in all seriousness this should be fairly open and unbiased as far as i can tell

Jatz Crackers said:
Daniel said:
you only get one initial warning of 2 points, anything after that is worth 10 points

So warning 1 = 2 points
Warning 2 = + 10 points = 12 points
Warning 3 = + 10 points = over 15 = 12 hour non posting

Is that right ?

Also a field goal is 1 point
Penalty goal is 2 points
A try is 4 points.
A conversion is 2 points
A penalty try 4 points with the chance of 2 conversions (Possible 8 point try).

I think we all get the point.
:)

I'm happy to have others clean up the forum for me. That way I can continue to dirty the dishes and leave dirty clothes on the floor for a few days until it piles up :)
Cheers.

Jerry1 said:
Jatz Crackers said:
Daniel said:
you only get one initial warning of 2 points, anything after that is worth 10 points

So warning 1 = 2 points

Is that right ?

Penalty goal is 2 points
A try is 4 points.
A conversion is 2 points

A penalty try only has one conversion attempt.
An 8 point try has two.

bones said:
Jerry1 said:
Jatz Crackers said:
Daniel said:

So warning 1 = 2 points

Is that right ?

Penalty goal is 2 points
A try is 4 points.
A conversion is 2 points

A penalty try only has one conversion attempt.
An 8 point try has two.
I stand corrected

Volley said:
Could we have a listing of all banned words, phrases and subject matters please Gestapo?

Good point Volley, hey Dan how about phrases which accurately describe a subject like "Telecrap"

even the prime minister gets away with saying 'crap'

There are no banned words or phrases volley and there's no need to be a dick about something that is long overdue on this site.

Swearing is fine here and there but the carry on is just ridiculous.

I am sure with your snide comments you have a better way to handle the challenges of managing a site like this. Please share your wisdom with us

I don't see any real need to make a joke of this FYI thread and push the limits really

Daniel said:
There are no banned words or phrases volley and there's no need to be a dick about something that is long overdue on this site.
Swearing is fine here and there but the carry on is just ridiculous.
I am sure with your snide comments you have a better way to handle the challenges of managing a site like this. Please share your wisdom with us

Well I'd start by banning Cambo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8