Warning system enabled

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
I have had enough of some of the language and general carry on from some members, it drives down membership and stop access to the forums for the next generation of users, as well as appearing like SPAM in the user system.

So from now one moderators and admins instead of simply editing your posts will warn you first which will carry 2 points. If you are warned again anytime after that you immediately get 10 points for an infringement.

Your warning points gather to a collective of points. But each individual warning expires after 1 month.

The consequences are, if you reach 15 points you will losing posting privileges for 12 hours, and this goes all the way up in different increments, where you will lose posting privileges for a week or more, if you carry on enough, and get 100 points, you will be automatically banned from the site, though I know it won't come to that for anyone.

I want everyone to enjoy the site and to be able to read it without all the carry on and hopefully the warnings are taken seriously.

I will be instructing the moderators on this shortly.

Dan

Fonz said:
Nice one Shane! lol

oi shanes ok

sometimes :)

I think its probably a good reality check for a few of us who sail close to the wind on here.

Can we put up a market of the first to get banned, sadly i think my name and shanes would be right up the top of the betting

lismore_fan said:
Thanks Daniel.
I swear more than most but seeing it in literacy is dead-set child-like, where most 15 year olds have a btter grasp of English than some on this forum.

What!Lismore swearing!I would never had thought I'd see the day......

Cambo said:
Fonz said:
Nice one Shane! lol

oi shanes ok

sometimes :)

I think its probably a good reality check for a few of us who sail close to the wind on here.

Can we put up a market of the first to get banned, sadly i think my name and shanes would be right up the top of the betting

No generous odds for you,cambo.Your price would be shorter than a growth-challenged pygmy.

[/quote]

No generous odds for you,cambo.Your price would be shorter than a growth-challenged pygmy.

[/quote]

Shorter than a Lily Allen pregnancy?

Hope no one make a typo in Angry Boys forum when referring to the town of Dunt.

I ask that everyone please use the "Report" button underneath posts to report any that you think sail close to the wind. I can then review these or the moderators can and we can make a call from there,

Daniel said:
I ask that everyone please use the "Report" button underneath posts to report any that you think sail close to the wind. I can then review these or the moderators can and we can make a call from there,
Fyi, no report button on mobile devices.

If im reading that correctly, an initial infingement of three times within a month would see someone lose posting ability for 12 hours. Seems kind of ineffectual to me.

you only get one initial warning of 2 points, anything after that is worth 10 points

I know the issues need to be addressed but this could be a huge increased workload for you and the mods, initially anyway.

unfortunately letting people police themselves has not worked, so I have little choice

hey dan

a question re infringements

Will it be subjective (up to the mod/s)
or will it be clearly set out eg Cbomb 10points
Racism 20 points

I personally believe the mods here arent power hungry twats like other places but their might be others who get all paranoid and say they are being victimised. I understand it adds more work but it would give transparency and no room for people to whinge and complain when their busted doing the wrong thing

I have pre-defined some things, but the moderators still have the option to give you a warning for a reason they see fit, and points up to 10 for that warning.

All warnings last a month and then they are re-set.

I have asked the mods to report back on any warnings that have been given and why and this we all have visibility and a place to discuss it. Of course there is a right to appeal to me directly and I will discuss it with the mod and get their thoughts.

The good thing about the people we have helping out here, is mainly that they are all fairly level headed and feel like part of the community rather than in charge of it, after all who's want to be the driver of this loony bus

Daniel said:
you only get one initial warning of 2 points, anything after that is worth 10 points

So warning 1 = 2 points
Warning 2 = + 10 points = 12 points
Warning 3 = + 10 points = over 15 = 12 hour non posting

Is that right ?

yes, and from there warning 4 would take them to a day, warning 5 to a week and so on. I might up the first warning to 5

Will there be carry over points?
How about a discount for an early plea? (Cambo can put his plea in advance)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7